Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    hey. has anyone here gotten back together with your ex-spouse?
    Why? Are you considering it?
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    yes. and so is she.
    Best Wishes.

The key to any relationship is honest communication and no "game playing" -- if your separation has enabled you two to become more open and in-sync in this regard -- you may have a better shot than most just starting out couples.

Hopefully, any "baggage" from the past can be just that. . . . in the past.

Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 02/22/2007 at 08:53 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by AnyUser View Post
    yes. and so is she.
    I'm great friends with my ex. We weren't at our best being married, but as friends, we have a very close relationship. I couldn't see us getting back together, but only because we have both moved on. If we hadn't, who knows what would have happened??

I think part of the reason my ex and his girlfriend recently split, was because she couldn't handle how close we are. We have two children together and our son is Autistic. Therefore, daily (sometimes even multiple daily) conversations are absolutely necessary. But, we have alot in common and are still close to eachother's families, so veering off the subject of our kids was always inevitable.

I think if you've worked through the reasons why you split in the first place and your relationship has matured enough that you feel that will all stay in the past, trying a reconciliation would be a positive step forward. On the other hand, if you have children, I would be very cautious. If it were to not work out a second time, another separation could hurt them much worse. I would be absolutely sure that you're both willing to give a second chance 100% before letting your kids in on it.

Good luck with whatever you decide!