Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22
  1.    #1  
    I was just daydreaming the other day (I blame the beer from the night before ) and was thinking maybe you can solve 3 problems in 1 go:
    Border control
    economy
    environment.

    What about we start a new deal style plan where we start planting lots of prickly schrubs for ove a mile wide across the mexican-US border?

    That way you negate lots of the CO2 production, create a lot of work, make it hard to cross the border.

    Off course it is a bit of a pipedream, but maybe we should get more idea's that are a bot out of the box to find some creative sollution to tricky problems...
    <IMG WIDTH="200" HEIGHT="50" SRC=http://www.visorcentral.com/images/visorcentral.gif> (ex)VisorCentral Discussion Moderator
    Do files get embarrassed when they get unzipped?
  2. #2  
    Are you having a problem with OT being too quiet? Its kind of nice the way it is now.

    Surur
  3.    #3  
    no thats not it.. I was just thinking about the concept that the warmongering is a trick to fuel the economy (one of many theories).
    Also I was watching 'an inconvienient truth' and this just popped up and wanted to share it with you lot hoping we could do some positive brainstorming..

    Like you I love the lack of flaming recently, so please do not see this as a way to start a heated argument...
    <IMG WIDTH="200" HEIGHT="50" SRC=http://www.visorcentral.com/images/visorcentral.gif> (ex)VisorCentral Discussion Moderator
    Do files get embarrassed when they get unzipped?
  4. #4  
    might want to spell "solution" correctly!
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by ttrundle View Post
    might want to spell "solution" correctly!
    what on earth do you mean?
    <IMG WIDTH="200" HEIGHT="50" SRC=http://www.visorcentral.com/images/visorcentral.gif> (ex)VisorCentral Discussion Moderator
    Do files get embarrassed when they get unzipped?
  6. #6  
    It would be labeled a wall and we would be called racist by "pro-immigration" groups. We would have to change it from one-mile wide to 100 yards wide; prickly shrubs would be changed to pleasant smelling, smooth-branch perennials; tubs of bottled glacier water would have to be placed every thirty feet along with signs that say "Welcome to America. Please have your baby here."
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by ToolkiT View Post
    what on earth do you mean?
    oh very good, but you missed the one *in* your post!
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by ToolkiT View Post
    I was just daydreaming the other day (I blame the beer from the night before ) and was thinking maybe you can solve 3 problems in 1 go:
    Border control
    economy
    environment.

    What about we start a new deal style plan where we start planting lots of prickly schrubs for ove a mile wide across the mexican-US border?

    That way you negate lots of the CO2 production, create a lot of work, make it hard to cross the border.

    Off course it is a bit of a pipedream, but maybe we should get more idea's that are a bot out of the box to find some creative sollution to tricky problems...
    As long as illegal employers in the US keep hiring them (and we keep ignoring that part of the problem) the aliens will still keep on coming in, no matter how many walls we build.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by cellmatrix View Post
    As long as illegal employers in the US keep hiring them (and we keep ignoring that part of the problem) the aliens will still keep on coming in, no matter how many walls we build.
    true, if you take away the demand the supply will follow...
    <IMG WIDTH="200" HEIGHT="50" SRC=http://www.visorcentral.com/images/visorcentral.gif> (ex)VisorCentral Discussion Moderator
    Do files get embarrassed when they get unzipped?
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by cellmatrix View Post
    As long as illegal employers in the US keep hiring them (and we keep ignoring that part of the problem) the aliens will still keep on coming in, no matter how many walls we build.
    Walls will slow it down. Cracking down on employers will slow it down. Will illegal immigration ever stop? Doubtful, but like any crime, we can certainly employ multiple tactics to slow it down to a more sustainable level.
  11.    #11  
    lets face it there still will be people who want a better life for their childern.. and to be honest I cant blame them for trying...

    What would work best is an all over plan where you look at both sides of the border...

    Make it hard to cross, make it harder to employ illegal aliens, and improve the standard of life south of the border...
    And still plant the trees/scrubs to offset the CO2
    <IMG WIDTH="200" HEIGHT="50" SRC=http://www.visorcentral.com/images/visorcentral.gif> (ex)VisorCentral Discussion Moderator
    Do files get embarrassed when they get unzipped?
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by hoovs View Post
    Walls will slow it down. Cracking down on employers will slow it down. Will illegal immigration ever stop? Doubtful, but like any crime, we can certainly employ multiple tactics to slow it down to a more sustainable level.
    But "I don't want my 17-year-old son to have to pick tomatoes or make beds in Las Vegas."

  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post
    But "I don't want my 17-year-old son to have to pick tomatoes or make beds in Las Vegas."

    Good, that'll be more summer jobs out there for my kids.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post
    But "I don't want my 17-year-old son to have to pick tomatoes or make beds in Las Vegas."

    Don't worry, corporations and business coalitions know that hiring a bunch of cheap illegals (and a few expensive lobbyists) is always going to be more profitable than hiring a bunch of people like your son.

    So, as long as our politicians keep the focus on non-voting illegal immigrants and away from their "business friendly" pandering, your son will not have to worry about picking tomatoes or cleaning toliets.
  15. #15  
    "I don't want my 17-year-old son to have to pick tomatoes or make beds in Las Vegas."

    (Quoting Karl Rove folks)
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post
    (Quoting Karl Rove folks)
    Good, I knew you were quoting someone, and I could not think of a more applicable person for my reply to fall upon.
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post
    "I don't want my 17-year-old son to have to pick tomatoes or make beds in Las Vegas."

    (Quoting Karl Rove folks)
    Ah, I see. Well, two things I'm pretty sure about: 1) Rove and I don't share the same views on illegal immigration and 2) Rove's son was never at risk for having to pick tomatoes for a living.
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post
    Are you having a problem with OT being too quiet? Its kind of nice the way it is now.

    Surur
    I don't know.....I kinda miss the pre-Blaze74 good ol' days!
  19. #19  
    Please ignore.
  20. #20  
    Hopefully the previous post will have livened things up enough. I tried my best not to go overboard. If you don't feel my best was good enough (**** help me), please apply as much restraint in your reponses as you can muster. I am a sensitive individual. Just like everyone else.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions