Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    I'm interested in doing my own taxes this year. Since I use a Mac as my primary computer, that limits my option to only Intuit's Turbo Tax. It seems to get lots of good reviews, has anyone here used it? Could you share your experiance with it? Thanks for any advice you may have!
    Palm IIIe -> Visor Deluxe -> Palm 505 -> Clie tj37 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700P
    TurboTax has become Way too expensive.

I have switched to TaxAct (www.taxact.com), which gives you federal+state+federal filing for $20 (for PC) or $16 for doing everything on-line (you could do this on-line...)
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    I've been using TurboTax Online for the past 3 or 4 years..no complaints (is pricier I guess)
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Pricey but I did my taxes in 35 minutes and got back my state and Fed refund in 8 days. So eazy even a Palm Pilot 1000 owner can do it.
    Turbo Tax may be pricey, but if you or your wife owns your own business it makes everything dead easy. Well worth it IMHO.

My boss told me just yesterday that he asked his good friend (who is an accountant) which Tax software he would personally recommend and he said hands down it was Turbo Tax and encouraged him not miss with anything else. Just on person's opinion, but as for me....a clueless tax ignorant expert...I agree!
    I have been using TurboTax for over 5 years. It has been straight forward and easy. I have not done a side by side comparison with other products -- so I cannot comment on "who is best" -- just that I have been happy and will continue forward with TurboTax.

Cheers, Perry.
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    I used to use H&R Block's Tax Cut, from '00-04. Switched to Turbo Tax in '05 and while it is a little pricier, it's ease of use makes it well worth it for me. I definetely recommend it.