1.    #1  
    Check this out. I was trying out the PC app and noticed that there is also a PocketPC app to go along with it. Screams 128MB CF/SM card, no? Shame we don't have that for Palm...

http://www.snapstream.net/pocketpvs/...pocketpvs2.htm
    -Vincent
    Yeah, I believe someone brought it up briefly on the "All Handhelds" board. 128mb for such limited programming seems like it would get expensive quick but its still a very awesome idea, I'd like to maybe see the implemented on other cheaper media such as PocketZip or DataPlay.

The recently announced Palm from Sony will have these features built-in, to go along with its other multimedia features.
    Matt Nichols
    VigoSpraxPalm@Yahoo.com
  3.    #3  
    It definitely makes the future for handhelds seem brighter. I realize that you couldn't have many multiple showings, but if you bought a single 128MB stick of [your favorite mem] you could have an entire 2 hour movie. Or you could have 4 half hour episodes of a television show. Expensive startup but assuming 2 hour of media a pop is enough for you it's adequately feasible. Sigh. My BVDx gets more antiquated every day.
    -Vincent
    Originally posted by Vinny
    Sigh. My BVDx gets more antiquated every day.
    Now I'm normaly quite good at avoiding makeing coments like this, and I'm sure that you all will forgive me....

I hate to break it to you, your cute BVDx isn't getting any more antiquated than it was the day you bought it. It started out being antiquated... Same thing with EVERY palm pilot ever made...

sam
    Sam Kleinman

PocketPCThoughts.com
    CollectiveArts
    Free-ePress
    Musings of a Teal Artist
    CollectiveArts TechMusings

"Everybody don't like something and we all don't like you." -- Richard Thompson, Hard Luck Stories
  5.    #5  
    Yeah. Like I'm gonna lay down the money for a pocket PC? Bleh! We're only talking color here. You're overexagerating.
    -Vincent
    Now don't take that coment the wrong way, I don't dislike the palm platform, in fact there are a large number of things that it has that I like, however everything that it does my iPAQ does just as well if not better, what in my mind tips the scale in favor of the ipaq is that it does stuff (like multimedia, and a bigger screen) that the palm can't do, not because handspring didn't want it to, but because the platform wasn't intedned to do that. haveing made that disclaimer, I should note that my coment that said that the palm platform and as a result your blue VDx is antiquated, and always has been was more intended for the newton vs. palm debate....

sam
    Sam Kleinman

PocketPCThoughts.com
    CollectiveArts
    Free-ePress
    Musings of a Teal Artist
    CollectiveArts TechMusings

"Everybody don't like something and we all don't like you." -- Richard Thompson, Hard Luck Stories
    There's certainly no question that PocketPC devices are cool, but the primary brick wall that holds many consumers back from purchasing one is...price! They are simply too expensive for Joe Public to be able to afford. Until that changes, PocketPC will only command a smaller segment of the overall PDA market.

You don't have to complain to me about the limitations of the Palm platform, I wrote the book on that! But until prices start falling (which they have on the Jornada, $325), then PPC is going to make slow inroads. But hey, competition is good!