Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I totally forgot and she chewed my head off. I need to work on the romantic side of my life. Maybe a woman can make a program to remind us by utilizing our Treos events calendar of how to act throughout the year that takes in to account menstrual cycles and whatever else triggers these fits since I am too self-centered to remember anything other than New Years day (which I have been known to miss now and again) and Christmas (cause its my birthday)
    Sad but true.
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130 View Post
    He's too busy for us...he's always at some primate/gorilla talk site now
    I know, I've been slacking in my attendance to said site.
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by driven01 View Post
    I'm not a big fan of flowers either but when you are away you have to do *something*.

They offered to re-deliver on FRIDAY for a 50% discount.

But .. apparently it all worked out. The delivery person showed up at 10:30pm EST. Better late than never I guess. I'm pretty sure I won't get the discount now either. haha. My wife was happy. (Tired, but happy!)
    As long as they got there before midnight, you were good to go! I'm glad (for your wife) that it all worked out. She probably would have rather had YOU as the delivery boy

Quote Originally Posted by Bronxboy View Post
    I totally forgot and she chewed my head off. I need to work on the romantic side of my life. Maybe a woman can make a program to remind us by utilizing our Treos events calendar of how to act throughout the year that takes in to account menstrual cycles and whatever else triggers these fits since I am too self-centered to remember anything other than New Years day (which I have been known to miss now and again) and Christmas (cause its my birthday)
    Sad but true.
    That was what this thread was for! To remind the forgetful! There is a freeware program (HolidayUSA, the prc is around TC somewhere) that will enter all the holidays in your calendar for you. I don't think it was written by a woman, so as far as the menstrual cycle goes...you may have to just pay a little more attention to your lady to figure it out. BTW...nice car

Quote Originally Posted by hoovs View Post
    I know, I've been slacking in my attendance to said site.
    I'm one of those "lurkers" over there that y'all call...hmmm, what was it again? P*****s??
    Global Posts
    146 Global Posts
    Sad but true.

Here ya go...

Cycle View For Men - Defending Against PMS

I live with a very phlegmatic woman. As a died-in-the wool Palm Addict, I searched PalmGear constantly for software to help me chart her caprice. I went through generations of biorhythm programs, and finally decided that reading tea leaves would probably be more accurate.

Then I found Cycle View.

I recorded what I guessed (Russian women donít discuss such things with their men) was the start and finish of her monthlies, and began filling in as much information on each day record as I could. There are pick lists for degrees of flow, pain, mood and temperature; check boxes (on each daily entry form) for start, end and pill; and a four line note pad for comments. Obviously, I was mostly interested in mood, and I used the pain field to track the number of glasses of wine after dinner. The results, for the past three years have been spectacular.

Cycle View allows me to mark off the days each month that I absolutely stay out of her way, and especially avoid arguments. More on the positive side, it alerts me to the days that kind gestures will be most appreciated. Its not perfect, nothing is. But a hell of a lot better than biorhythms!

Women will find more conventional uses for Cycle View, great for family planning and other things I can only guess at!
    http://palmaddict.typepad.com/palmad...ew_for__1.html
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    OMG! Thanks AnonymousSource & Christinac130. Somebody once said to me that any idea you can think of has already been thought of. Maybe this is true maybe its not but this certainly drives the point home.

Thank you for the compliment Christinac130 but I can't take much credit. GM is responsible for its creation while Some fool was just dumb enough to sell it to me

Again thank you both. Un-freaking believable!
    PALM OS ROCKS!
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by AnonymousSource View Post
    Here ya go...
    And on that note, I'm thinkin' the romance of Valentine's Day is officially over...
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden View Post
    Yes, a drive by posting. . . . . .
    ....or more like a hit and run?
    And on that note, I'm thinkin' the romance of Valentine's Day is officially over...
    So it would seem
    Global Posts
    146 Global Posts
    Only 364 days until the next one...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    As it turns out HolidayUSA is for the Palm Pilot & treo 600 so it did nothing but crash my Treo 650. I then looked around and found a program called Holidays @ Hand for Palm OS. It was nice however it did not cover European holidays and took up almost 1Mb of RAM so I Then tried something else called MegaHolidays 4.1. This was perfect. It covers all holidays all over the world for all religions and takes up only the space you need for the region. It even goes the extra step & gives you in depth information on each and every holiday. You can’t beat that.

As for Cycle View For Men it changed its name a few times and is now called Cycle view For Palm OS 1.24. it Seems like a nice application but only time will tell if it works at all

Again thanks guys.

As for you skeptics, Part of loving somebody is making an effort to understand them. Even if the effort only takes me 1%at least I'm trying
    Last edited by Bronxboy; 02/15/2007 at 08:43 PM.
    As it turns out HolidayUSA is for the Palm Pilot & treo 600 so it did nothing but crash my Treo 650.
    I use HolidayUSA on my 700p w/o any problems
    Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
  12.    #32  
    Bronxboy...I'm using HolidayUSA on my 680 and it hasn't been a problem. I'll try it on the 650 and see if it crashes.
    This is the one I used. http://www.freewarepalm.com/clock/holidayusa.shtml I’m not sure but I think I disabled emulation for older Palm applications. The thinking at the time was probably (if its being emulated the application will run slower) and since I dislike all things slow I probably killed it. No matter as I am willing to purchase this program since it definitely suits my needs.
  14.    #34  
    This is the one I used. http://www.freewarepalm.com/clock/holidayusa.shtml Iím not sure but I think I disabled emulation for older Palm applications. The thinking at the time was probably (if its being emulated the application will run slower) and since I dislike all things slow I probably killed it. No matter as I am willing to purchase this program since it definitely suits my needs.
    LOL... I'm going to expose myself as a techie neophyte. Other than the Treo, I have zero computer knowledge (which is why I keep Insertion around ). Everything you said went completely over my head...

All I know is, I hot synched HolidayUSA v1.2 to the 680 and beamed it to the 650. It works fine on both. There's something to be said for keeping things simple...
    Quote Originally Posted by bigredgpk View Post
    I would like to celebrate National Singles day. anyone else with me? I'm buying one card for my mom and a six pack for myself. going to break the bank and get some Harpoon IPA.

Timmay
    WTF Timmy,,, last time I bumped into you in a thread you were engaged!!!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12