View Poll Results: Waitng for Windows XP beta 2, RC1 and RC2?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

11 39.29%
  • No

17 60.71%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Originally posted by foo fighter

Is now a bad time to mention that your Visor probably won't work with XP?

Yea I have a dual boot win98se/win2k and I'm planing to upgrade the win98 side. Don't know if that can be done, but I'm going to give it a try.

Ethos
    Ethos:

One thing I recommend, is that you disable the pop-up "Programs" menu, it's very annoying! Every time my mouse wonders over the Start Menu, it keeps inadvertently popping up!

You can shut this feature off by going into the Start menu properties and un-checking the item listed as Open submenus on hover.
    Hey Foo I installed XP into a separate partition a 2 gig and it took up 1.57gigs holy cow!!!! Anyway got it up and running without a hitch. Man I have to say I am overwhelmed by the deep blue colors. I'l liking it so far.

THe initial video was interesting. Wonder if it's on the cd somewhere.

Anyway it works great so far, but I'll put it to the test tommorow, to tired to keep going right now. It's 2:33am est were I'm at.

Ethos

PS My start menu does not popup automatically I have to actually click on it. I have turned anything off, atleast not knowingly.
  4.    #24  
    I'm still waiting for my cd!
    I hope it'll come today.
    I want to try it too!

Ps: Anybody try installing Norton System Works 2001 in Win XP?
    Last edited by akur; 04/27/2001 at 11:40 AM.
    Have A Good Day!
    I Love My Prism!
    Originally posted by foo fighter
    Ethos:

One thing I recommend, is that you disable the pop-up "Programs" menu, it's very annoying! Every time my mouse wonders over the Start Menu, it keeps inadvertently popping up!

[/i]. [/B]
    Must be something with your installation. We've never had this problem with any of the betas, and and the "Open submenus on hover" is checked on all of the test machines. As a side note, I think you will find there are more features than you though as you dig though it. What version do you have BTW? Professional or Personal?
    Sven

If at first you do succeed, try not to look astonished.
    I'm running XP Professional beta 2.

Quick question; I know that Microsoft will post more "Themes", but where is the download site? When I go into "Desktop Properties", click the "Themes" tab, and select "More Themes" from the drop-down menu, it takes me to this web site:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win...morethemes.asp

Is this for XP or media player?
  7.    #27  
    I think it's for media player.
    Have A Good Day!
    I Love My Prism!
  8.    #28  
    Foo Fighter, have you try to use the newest zonealarm ver 2.6 in Win Xp(it just come out today)?
    If you do, is it compatible with win xp.
    Thank's!
    Have A Good Day!
    I Love My Prism!
    [warning: if you are a flaming operating system advocate, read no further]

Just letting you guys know that the latest Linux kernel is out. We're up to Linux 2.4.4. I'll probably give it a whirl later today; 2.4.3 has been great for me so far. Grab it from ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.4

From what I've been told, all of your old software will work and there is no problem with Visor compatibility.

[ducks and runs]

[shouted from a suitable distance away]

Sorry, just thought your enthusiasm for WinXP was cute. I feel similarly psyched when I get a new kernel, XFree86, GNOME, etc.

shabadoo, one of the linux folks around here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12