1.    #1  
    Article
    In this article also check out: "The Trouble with Vista" link.
    Last edited by copernicus; 02/08/2007 at 09:56 PM.
    I switched from a pc to an older ibook. Took some time finding all the software but its rock solid now.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Even if I wanted to....due to work I wouldn't be able to. I have to have access to our back end software to review stats, pull reports, review and reassign work assignments to employees, etc... The challenge is the that I need Win IE to do it. We have tried, it won't work with a MAC.

I used to be a graphic artist & 3D modeler so I would like one for my personal movie, pictures, animations, etc... But at the moment I can't afford to keep my PC up to date along with getting a new MAC and buy all new software. Someday when Ed McMan comes ringing my door bell, I certainly would have one.
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal View Post
    Even if I wanted to....due to work I wouldn't be able to. I have to have access to our back end software to review stats, pull reports, review and reassign work assignments to employees, etc... The challenge is the that I need Win IE to do it. We have tried, it won't work with a MAC.

I used to be a graphic artist & 3D modeler so I would like one for my personal movie, pictures, animations, etc... But at the moment I can't afford to keep my PC up to date along with getting a new MAC and buy all new software. Someday when Ed McMan comes ringing my door bell, I certainly would have one.
    I hear ya. I picked mine up on ebay for $275 shipped. Does everything I need now.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

5.    #5  
    The 24 inch iMac is a real beauty, but I too have trouble justifying it. It's a luxury, I don't know if I can handle both operating systems, and some essential programs for me are not supported. Dual booting can be a pain in the neck and I'm not quite sure about the Windows emulation software Parallels, although I hear that it is excellent (another copy of XP and lot's of probably expensive memory ) But I'll reconsider when Leopard comes out in the Spring.

Maybe I'll get lucky and find another one for $275!
    If he were a Windows expert he would not be jumping ship. More likely he was brainwashed by those really clever iLife commercials. They can have a powerful affect on the weak minded.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    Bob-C is attempting to send data transmission: Accept or Deny?
    I had a mac.... gave it to a family member.

After reading that article it is odd that he would switch... he states that he runs windows in virtual pc a lot... my point, what is the point? If I have to do all of that, why switch?

For me an OS is a tool. What gets the job done. XP does that... vista will, eventually. And I've had vista since oct testing and purchased in jan... but I still boot into xp. I'll switch over eventually.

There are also articles on people switching from mac to vista, BTW.... don't know why they would do that, but whatever.
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    I upgraded my Dell to a 20" iMac...after the honeymoon was over I came to the conclusion that Mac OS X and Macintosh machines aren't the holy grail of computinng some Mac users make it out to be.

I really like the machine but can't justify the extra costs in the long run in terms of software, etc.

On the plus side, I don't really have to worry about Mac viruses. It was also nice to just plug in my printer and have the thing work w/o downloading drivers.

On the negative, it was a premium and the Macro support for Excel Mac is outdated and will be phased out in Mac's Office 2007.