Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    .... And we are allied with these people? WTF! If these videos are any indication of the typical attitudes of Israeli citizens in the middle east, then I completely understand the Iranian / Palestinian attitudes toward them. With the arrogant ego-centrism displayed in these films, the Israelis are bringing global hate and war upon themselves, as well as all others associated.

They arent victims of anti-semitism, they appear to be the instigators and root causes of it here. The types of individuals (ie. Israeli soldier, stone throwing children, and the drunk settler ) in these videos are disgusting, hateful pieces of human waste.

I really hope we are only seeing the wayward few in these films, because I find myself resenting our current position as allies to these people when I see scoundrels like this. If these are demonstrations of the prevailing Israeli attitude, we should sever our alliance and let them to fend for themselves. Lets see how they hold up against tens of millions of marauding jihadist insurgents... hell with them.

Warning: offensive language!!!

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=e1842edc4f

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=aabeb2f4a1
    Last edited by vw2002; 02/08/2007 at 10:15 PM.
    I gotta have more cowbell
    Well, I agree that the actions of those people were indefensible. However, you first have to consider the source. A) Those were human rights wokers defending the Palestinians; as such, to say they wouldn't be the most popular people with Israelis is a huge understatement. B) Ask yourself, if the worst they can come up with as examples of Israeli hostility is an abusive drunk and a couple of little kids throwing rocks what can we really extrapolate about the bigger issue of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict? And can we really condemn a whole nation based on those examples?
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hoovs View Post
    Well, I agree that the actions of those people were indefensible. However, you first have to consider the source. A) Those were human rights wokers defending the Palestinians; as such, to say they wouldn't be the most popular people with Israelis is a huge understatement. B) Ask yourself, if the worst they can come up with as examples of Israeli hostility is an abusive drunk and a couple of little kids throwing rocks what can we really extrapolate about the bigger issue of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict? And can we really condemn a whole nation based on those examples?
    How can we be so sure there AREN`T worse examples of Israeli hostility? Those kids were acting on attitudes impressed upon them by someone, no?

Your points are well taken though, hoovs, I understand. But their comments and behavior were absolutely shocking and reprehensible.

As I stated earlier, I hope the portrayed hostility is only representative of a few wayward individuals, but if we find these to be the prevailing attitudes there, I think we`d be fools NOT to condemn them. Seriously, I want to believe that this is not the case, but now I need to be convinced of that.

By the way, we all know what a hot potato anti-semitism is. I ask you, why aren`t anti-gentile attitudes and bigoted behavior confronted with the same scrutiny or protest?

Listen to this....

http://www.yourdailymedia.com/media/..._Date_Italians
    Last edited by vw2002; 02/08/2007 at 11:10 PM.
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    Listen to the unbridled venom and vitriole for gentiles pouring out from the folks in the audio above!!

vile and disgusting people. Truly.
    Quote Originally Posted by vw2002 View Post
    .... And we are allied with these people? WTF! If these videos are any indication of the typical attitudes of Israeli citizens in the middle east, then I completely understand the Iranian / Palestinian attitudes toward them. With the arrogant ego-centrism displayed in these films, the Israelis are bringing global hate and war upon themselves, as well as all others associated.
    There is a broad spectrum of attitudes and behaviours of Israelis towards Palestinians. However, this does not change the fact that many of them treat Palestinians (and also others) in a totally in-acceptable way. In the Palestinian city of Hebron, a small group of Ultra-Orthodox Jewish settlers has chosen to live in the middle of this otherwise totally Palestinian neighborhood . They are protected by large numbers of Israeli soldiers, and they behave like the worst sort of ... people you can imagine. They throw garbage and stones at Palestinian schoolgirls on a daily basis, children beat women without the soldiers intervening, unless of course the Palestinian women beat back...

Here's an nteresting article about Hebron and what happened to an American there:
    http://www.sfcg.org/articles/westbank.pdf

There are many settlements on Palestinian land which are illegal even according to Israeli law, without Israeli authorities doing anything.

There are also far, far more Palestinian civilians killed by the Israeli army than Israeli killed by Palestinian or Hezbollah terrorists...
    Last edited by clulup; 02/09/2007 at 06:45 AM.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
    So, you judge over 6 million people on the actions of a few? And based on those actions, you "UNDERSTAND" Irans desire to wipe Israel off the map? When I read your post in full, its clear that your sentiments about Israel and Jews are already well fixed, and you are just using this incident to justify your feelings towards Jews.

Despite everything that Israel has faced in the last 60 years, it is still a democracy. It has a thriving and very competitive press, it has Arab members of Parliment, and now one cabinet minister. I could go on and on.

As for the so-called Peace Activists that hang out in Gaza and the West Bank, they may be activists but they are certainly not peace activists. The day that they protest in front of the offices of Hamas and Islamic Jihad and all those other murderers against their actions, is they day they might be deemed peace activists. Till then, they are just naive supporters of terrorist, or worse.

I lived in Israel for 8 years, including 3 years of military service, so I happen to have a personal understanding of what goes on there.

They arent victims of anti-semitism, they appear to be the instigators and root causes of it here. The types of individuals (ie. Israeli soldier, stone throwing children, and the drunk settler ) in these videos are disgusting, hateful pieces of human waste.

I really hope we are only seeing the wayward few in these films, because I find myself resenting our current position as allies to these people when I see scoundrels like this. If these are demonstrations of the prevailing Israeli attitude, we should sever our alliance and let them to fend for themselves. Lets see how they hold up against tens of millions of marauding jihadist insurgents... hell with them.

Warning: offensive language!!!

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=e1842edc4f

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=aabeb2f4a1
    PDA Lineage: Sharp Wizard, PalmVx, Tungsten, Treo 650, Treo 750v
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by naftalim View Post
    So, you judge over 6 million people on the actions of a few? And based on those actions, you "UNDERSTAND" Irans desire to wipe Israel off the map? When I read your post in full, its clear that your sentiments about Israel and Jews are already well fixed, and you are just using this incident to justify your feelings towards Jews.

Despite everything that Israel has faced in the last 60 years, it is still a democracy. It has a thriving and very competitive press, it has Arab members of Parliment, and now one cabinet minister. I could go on and on.

As for the so-called Peace Activists that hang out in Gaza and the West Bank, they may be activists but they are certainly not peace activists. The day that they protest in front of the offices of Hamas and Islamic Jihad and all those other murderers against their actions, is they day they might be deemed peace activists. Till then, they are just naive supporters of terrorist, or worse.

I lived in Israel for 8 years, including 3 years of military service, so I happen to have a personal understanding of what goes on there.
    up until now, I was a supporter of Israel, and viewed the palestinians as the troublemakers, but these events have caused me to reconsider.

As I stated earlier, I hope the portrayed hostility is only representative of a few wayward individuals, but if we find these to be the prevailing attitudes there, I think we`d be fools NOT to condemn them. Seriously, I want to believe that this is not the case, but now I find that I need to be convinced of it.

You cant tell me that, as a reasonable person, the despicable behavior described in both the videos and articles provided above WOULDN`T raise red flags or put legitimate questions in your mind.

I understand what you are saying regarding the peace activists, but this does not give the Israelis the right to stone, rob, or physically harm them. Those are NOT the actions of a democratic state.
    Last edited by vw2002; 02/09/2007 at 02:29 PM.
    Well you have to remember, we're talking about a group of people that feels its unseen deity grants them the right to this particular land and these people actively move from their homelands with this belief so you're automatically starting with a pretty whacked out group of people in the first place.

I found the "killed your jesus and proud of it" comments particularly amusing.
    Listen to the unbridled venom and vitriole for gentiles pouring out from the folks in the audio above!!

vile and disgusting people. Truly.
    Actually, I thought that link was kind of funny. And, as a Christian, I have no problems with a man wanting his daughter to marry a person of the same faith. Sure, he got a little venomous but the talk show host was certainly egging him on.
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post
    Well you have to remember, we're talking about a group of people that feels its unseen deity grants them the right to this particular land and these people actively move from their homelands with this belief so you're automatically starting with a pretty whacked out group of people in the first place.

In other words, a group of people who not only have religious convictions but actively live by them is "whacked out"? Why am I suddenly reminded of Chesterton?
    In other words, a group of people who not only have religious convictions but actively live by them is "whacked out"? Why am I suddenly reminded of Chesterton?
    If by "convictions" you mean a belief system that the group has not only the support of an invisible all powerful deity on the side of "good" to somone elses land but should do whatever it takes in the name of this religion to obtain said land? Yup, whacked out.
    Obviously propaganda piece from pro- palestinian group...

Could have been staged, hard to tell, but if real... wierd that the camera person just stood there and took the stone-throwing one after another. The camera should have been embedded up the little snots a$$. We should have footage of the inside of his colon.

So, israli kids misbehave by throwing rocks and insults... while arab kids are officially tought to hate and despise jews, and to strap bombs on them to take out many more "infidels" than a common rock can.

Arabs living under jewish rule have much more freedom and prosperity than jews would under arab rule. Jews generally do not want to kill all non-jews. Islamists are told to kill all infidels.
    "Everybody Palm!"

Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!
    Spare me your anguish. We have been brutalized and murdered en masse by Christians for centuries, in ways way more destructive than a couple of kids throwing stones. Now we have the Muslim/Arab world threatning us with destruction. My people went like sheep just 60 years ago, so sorry, we dont want to do it again.

The Palestinians could have had a state in 1948 when the UN voted to partition the British mandate to a Jewish and Arab states. The Arab world refused and chose to attempt to gain by war what they could not by diplomacy. Now the Palestinians claim to be victims.

What do you think would have happened if Israel ever lost one of the previous wars, whether it be in 1948, 1956, 1967 or 1973? It would have made the carnage in Iraq look like a tea party.

You cant tell me that, as a reasonable person, the despicable behavior described in both the videos and articles provided above WOULDN`T raise red flags or put legitimate questions in your mind.

I understand what you are saying regarding the peace activists, but this does not give the Israelis the right to stone, rob, or physically harm them. Those are NOT the actions of a democratic state.[/QUOTE]
    PDA Lineage: Sharp Wizard, PalmVx, Tungsten, Treo 650, Treo 750v
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts

Its been awhile since we have seen DaTs Israeli hatred. Brings back fond memories.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    .... And we are allied with these people? WTF! If these videos are any indication of the typical attitudes of Israeli citizens in the middle east, then I completely understand the Iranian / Palestinian attitudes toward them.
    HA, you should see what the Palestinians think of Americans.
    If by "convictions" you mean a belief system that the group has not only the support of an invisible all powerful deity on the side of "good" to somone elses land but should do whatever it takes in the name of this religion to obtain said land? Yup, whacked out.
    So, your problem is just with religious Zionists?
    Quote Originally Posted by TomUps View Post
    Its been awhile since we have seen DaTs Israeli hatred. Brings back fond memories.
    "hatred"? hardly worthy of it.
    So, your problem is just with religious Zionists?
    My problem is with religious ______ists.
    My problem is with religious ______ists.
    So the labor Zionists are okay?
    So the labor Zionists are okay?
    I think you get my meaning.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast