1.    #1  
    Thanks! Looks like I'll be waiting.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Thanks! Looks like I'll be waiting.
    Better safe than sorry.
    well at this point we're waiting on palm desktop, printer drivers, itunes...did none of the major companies get pre-releases of vista to write software for or something?????
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by questionfear View Post
    well at this point we're waiting on palm desktop, printer drivers, itunes...did none of the major companies get pre-releases of vista to write software for or something?????
    Yes, I can see how it might seem that way, but IMHO it's what always happens after MS releases their new operating systems. It shouldn't take too long to get most of it patched up, but complete debugging usually takes years.

I wonder if the same kind of thing happens with OSX. My impression is that they do incremental improvements and add them a bit at a time (naming them after jungle cats), and that they have less problems as a result. This is going to be a pretty big jump for MS...
    After the Service Pack 2 release(which was really XP version 2 IMO), similar things happened.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by questionfear View Post
    Actually from what endgadget says it seems they did...as a matter of fact at least beta vistas were out on the net for months....who knows why they haven't upgraded their software...prolly waiting to see security issues!

Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    Yes, I can see how it might seem that way, but IMHO it's what always happens after MS releases their new operating systems. It shouldn't take too long to get most of it patched up, but complete debugging usually takes years.

I wonder if the same kind of thing happens with OSX. My impression is that they do incremental improvements and add them a bit at a time (naming them after jungle cats), and that they have less problems as a result. This is going to be a pretty big jump for MS...
    OS.X usually has 1-3 updates a year - makes it seem they're perfect as it's so well integrated but as ppl still target macs less it works and there are few taking advantage of any security issues (been using Macs since OS 8 eacch version of OS X has at least one or two updates)...also windows has so many customer they can never take their time...always a rush so you end up with 2 or 3 updates a month..THEN they make a service pack out of them!

another linky http://www.engadget.com/2006/12/19/z...compatibility/