Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by slingbox View Post
    Which in itself is pretty scarry.The acceptance of a prez that had or lets say got cought having sex in the whitehouse is beyond me.
    Sex in the White House was invented before Bill. But invading Iraq for no apparent cause or solution is a different matter. Apple and oranges? Perhaps. But Hillary is running not Bill so get over it, 'tiz 'bout time!
    Quote Originally Posted by impish View Post
    But Hillary is running not Bill so get over it, 'tiz 'bout time!
    Ouch
    I hit the left nerve in that apple.
  3.    #23  
    Central nerve, but who's counting?
    "The Candidate" has stated that the troops should be brought home during the current executive administration. I would think that a person with a better strategy would relish becoming Commander-in-Chief during the conflict, as it provides a means of both demonstrating the superiority of said ideas and being the liberator who actually brings our brave men and women home. It's a win-win.
    Slingbox I agree with you.
    Sex in the White House was invented before Bill.
    Ya, but at least this time around if his worse half gets elected Bill shouldn't be taking confidential priority state calls during the act of staining a dress.
    Last edited by HobbesIsReal; 01/30/2007 at 10:45 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by shopharim View Post
    "The Candidate" has stated that the troops should be brought home during the current executive administration. I would think that a person with a better strategy would relish becoming Commander-in-Chief during the conflict, as it provides a means of both demonstrating the superiority of said ideas and being the liberator who actually brings our brave men and women home. It's a win-win.
    The current troop build is climbling every day.Something is getting ready to go down which includes Iran.Back in the 80's are country built iraq to keep the mid east stable-Keep Iran honest and it worked.Saddam got a big head so we booted him out.Now Iran has volunteer to clean the bad enelement that has caused so much bloodshed in iraq yet...IRAN SENT IT IN
    The CIA has taught the iranians well

Not to be doom and gloom Guys and Gals
    The real war has not began.
    It,s right around the corner

Lets not forget about Ms clinton.She now tells her vote that she was tricked into voting for war.
    Wow tricked...She's so smart and what a lier.Her husband latched on to Bush the 1st with Bush jr plans for iraq.She knew the objective and it backfired.She now takes no resposibilty for her vote.
    Last edited by slingbox; 01/30/2007 at 10:47 AM.
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by slingbox View Post
    Lets not forget about Ms clinton.She now tells her vote that she was tricked into voting for war.
    Wow tricked...She's so smart and what a lier.Her husband latched on to Bush the 1st with Bush jr plans for iraq.She knew the objective and it backfired.She now takes no resposibilty for her vote.
    She said that if she knew then what a kaka-scandel this will be, she'd be voting differently. I haven't heard the word "tricked," but maybe you can give us a quote.
    Let's talk about GWB and Iraq: It is obvious that he had no clue how bad this war will turn out to be either. But he's sticking to his guns and, on top of it all, sending more troops. It boils down to this:
    1. Admit you have made a mistake (Hillary)
    2. Admit nothing, defy the mood of the country and congress (and several generals) and keep on going with the war (George)
    impish
    She did not say she was tricked yet applied it at the war proteset in DC.What a great place to spend her time placing blam.

Dont worry.
    Jane fonda and h clinton are becoming great friends.
    She wont let you down
    Last edited by slingbox; 01/30/2007 at 06:53 PM.
  10.    #30  
    slingbox, unlike what you are thinking, I consider myself a centrist and I am not going to vote for Hillary. I started this thread to generate a discussion.
    Regardless, I find that conservatism is so enclosable on issues of social affairs and tolerance that I am not surprised how demeaning the movement is toward the likes of Ms. Clinton.
    Like you impish, I am not committed to Hillary either, but I'm amused at how vehemently the right wing is attacking her. I think its more out of fear than out of hate. At any rate, it will be an interesting election next year.
    Impish, you're probably right about fear vs. hate. I, for one, fear the inevitable downward spiral into the pits that this country, and the rest of the world, will be driven into if she's elected. She's such a good liar. A lot of folks just buy it, without much thought (mostly just 'feelings').
    Who knows, maybe the administration will start having some major sucesses in its foreign policy or work with the congress to get some major legislation passed (wouldn't that be nice). If this happens, this could change the playing field for the GOP.

But as of now, our current seriously inept foreign policy, neglect of domestic policy and huge defecits have set the stage for her, or anyone who offers an alternative direction from that set by our loveable but incompetent George W. So its not so much that she is extremely talented, but she is simply in the right place at the right time with the most money.

The fear I see on the GOP faces is a serious fear that Hillary will kick the GOP candidate's **** come election time and, because she is not a verbal moron like Kerry, calling her a liar at every opportunity appears to be the current favorite strategy. Even though this seems pretty weak, with time conservatives should expect that the GOP will organize some better and more sophisticated talking points for them to use. I expect Gingrich to play a major role in this.
    In a sense, it is too early for the parties to pull out their heavy artillery. All of the wannabees have a 1-1/2 years to craft an image.

If you start exposing their weaknesses, they can build up their qualifications in that area.

HRC's achiles heel, in my view, is the absence of, or the public's ignorance of, any particular noteworthy accomplishment in the political arena. Becoming a Senator is significant. But, what has she accomplished in that office? What legislation has she championed? What initiative has she marshalled through?

Perhaps those who follow the Senate more closely can shed light on this.
  15.    #35  
    HRC's achiles heel, in my view, is the absence of, or the public's ignorance of, any particular noteworthy accomplishment in the political arena.
    Although this might be true, I can’t find many accomplishments in the political arena the current president has achieved before being elected to his current job. Perhaps I am not giving the presidency the heavyweight punch you do, in regards to qualifications, but to me experience is less important than the ability to lead and having common sense mingled with vision. You can be a very experienced and accomplished senator or a governor and still be a lousy president (I think history will back me up on this).
    What I do agree with you is that many people don’t give Hillary the credit that she actually deserves.
    In a sense, it is too early for the parties to pull out their heavy artillery. All of the wannabees have a 1-1/2 years to craft an image.

If you start exposing their weaknesses, they can build up their qualifications in that area.
    I agree completely. Its spring training time.

HRC's achiles heel, in my view, is the absence of, or the public's ignorance of, any particular noteworthy accomplishment in the political arena. Becoming a Senator is significant. But, what has she accomplished in that office? What legislation has she championed? What initiative has she marshalled through?

Perhaps those who follow the Senate more closely can shed light on this.
    Not much legislation, especially democrat initiated legislation, was getting championed or marshalled recently in the last few years of congress, Hillary's included. It was a pretty bad congress overall, and a liability for anyone associated with it.

http://www.csmonitor.com/2006/1215/p09s02-cods.html
    http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/...n2244096.shtml
    Although this might be true, I canít find many accomplishments in the political arena the current president has achieved before being elected to his current job.
    State Governor is a microcosm for National President.
    Perhaps I am not giving the presidency the heavyweight punch you do, in regards to qualifications, but to me experience is less important than the ability to lead and having common sense mingled with vision.
    We may question the destination, but President Bush certainly led the country. And, in truth, many who are now throwing stones, were in lock step at the beginning. We should not confuse disliking the journey or the destination as absence of leadership
    You can be a very experienced and accomplished senator or a governor and still be a lousy president (I think history will back me up on this).
    History tends to be a very kind
    What I do agree with you is that many people donít give Hillary the credit that she actually deserves.
    This is the basis of my post. What credit does she deserve?
    For me, one of the biggest concerns with Hillary is her drifting with the climate and what will be most advantageous to her at the time.

What I mean is that when Bill was in the White House there was no doubt that she was left. I posted a post about 1 1/2 years ago so here at TC showing how she was certainly trying to realign her publicly stated opinions to the center in prep for a Presidential running. Now lately again as she is having to gain the votes of the far left as some of her comments have been very carefully geared to them as they will be vital votes for the primaries.

Is she center? Is she left? I personally think this has two answers, the reality and her public image. I personally think that she is closer to the far left than the center. Public image wise she is continually redefining it.
    We agree totally. The two front runners on the Democrat ticket have no accomplishments behind them, no track record. To place one's hopes on a person who has NOTHING of substance to show, gosh, we have a problem. They both talk and they both change their tunes.

Hillary started a little left of center, knowing that she would never get middle America's vote if she stayed where she was. Now, the far left is screaming for attention and she is responding to them, moving further to the left. The contender is even further to the left and cannot remember his childhood.

Why do we support without question people like these? Neither has a concrete stand; both change their stances as often as the tides change. Hillary's health proposal was never supported by either party because everyone realized it was unpractical and just too expensive.

The Democrat party needs a real and very serious candidate. If that happens and the platform is one that I agree with, then that candidate gets my vote. The Republican party needs a real and very serious candidate (not as difficult to get as the Democrat party) and if that happens and the platform is one that I agree with, then that candidate gets my vote. If both parties come up with a real and very serious candidate with a platform that I agree with, then God Bless America!

Ben

State Governor is a microcosm for National President.We may question the destination, but President Bush certainly led the country. And, in truth, many who are now throwing stones, were in lock step at the beginning. We should not confuse disliking the journey or the destination as absence of leadershipHistory tends to be a very kind
    Hillary has always shown the side that the public demands of her. Her audience gets what they pay for, whether it is the side the other audience sees is the same. Hillary is a politician, though one without substance.

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal View Post
    For me, one of the biggest concerns with Hillary is her drifting with the climate and what will be most advantageous to her at the time.

What I mean is that when Bill was in the White House there was no doubt that she was left. I posted a post about 1 1/2 years ago so here at TC showing how she was certainly trying to realign her publicly stated opinions to the center in prep for a Presidential running. Now lately again as she is having to gain the votes of the far left as some of her comments have been very carefully geared to them as they will be vital votes for the primaries.

Is she center? Is she left? I personally think this has two answers, the reality and her public image. I personally think that she is closer to the far left than the center. Public image wise she is continually redefining it.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast