View Poll Results: Have you try IE 6 Beta?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I Like it

8 28.57%
  • Yes, I don't like it

2 7.14%
  • Soon

2 7.14%
  • I'll wait for Final Version

8 28.57%
  • No

8 28.57%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I try it and it's very cool.
    I haven't got any crash at all.
    The feature that I like most is the Privacy preferences.
    If you want to download and try it, go to http://download.cnet.com/downloads/0...tag=sptlt_hed.
    Have A Good Day!
    I Love My Prism!
  2.    #2  
    This is the screen shot
    Last edited by akur; 03/26/2001 at 04:03 PM.
    Have A Good Day!
    I Love My Prism!
    I kinda like the media player thingie, can you keep it playing when you close the personal bar thing?
  4.    #4  
    Yes, you can hear the sound. You can set it to play streaming radio, Streaming Video, Your MP3 files, and anything that Windows Media Player can play.
    Have A Good Day!
    I Love My Prism!
    Looks like MSN explorer - only less cute.

I see they still haven't added "ad" blocking to the privacy features set.. (that's why I use atguard, now called Norton Internet Security - not as good as the original - dummed down in the usual Norton fashion, but still useful, it blocks/filters/ ad's, cookies & has a firewall too, you can define rules per website, etc..!). I'd like to see a day when those features are part of every web browser (they should have been in the first place)
    "One of the most important things you learn from the internet is that there is no ‘them’ out there. It’s just an awful lot of ‘us’." -- Douglas Adams
    I really like it! except one problem..

I CAN'T SYNC WITH OUTLOOK 6.0!!!! NO!!!

So I had to downgrade maybe others will have better luck..

I really like the built in media player

BUT than. I wasn't using the public preview.. so mine wasn't as stable..
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
    great...is there a new Macintosh version yet?
    <CENTER>
    <strong>
    <span style="color: blue;">Where's the "Make Coffee" button again?</span>
    </strong>
    Same old boring interface. I think the MSN Explorer's interface is gorgeous, but it would be nice if you could hide the sidebar on it.
    "Life is what you experience between racing games"
    Galley
    Originally posted by Galley_SimRacer
    ...it would be nice if you could hide the sidebar on it.
    I think you could.....since there is a 'X' at the upper right corner. =P jus need to look a lil bit harder. =)
  10.    #10  
    Yes you can close the sidebar.
    Have A Good Day!
    I Love My Prism!
    I've got the IE6 Beta and ever since I installed it (last week) random (and I do mean RANDOM) email messages come in BLANK! What's that about?
    Originally posted by superflyaepi
    ...ever since I installed it (last week) random (and I do mean RANDOM) e-mail messages come in BLANK! What's that about?
    You too? It's driving me crazy! I have received about 20 emails that have no subject, and are completely blank. At least a dozen of them are replies from people I emailed...now I'll never know what was in those messages!
    Are you sure its IE thats causing this? I've had this happen to me dozens of times and I'n using whatever came with Win2k.
    Matt Nichols
    VigoSpraxPalm@Yahoo.com
    "Are you sure its IE thats causing this? I've had this happen to me dozens of times and I'n using whatever came with Win2k"

No I'm not sure, but the only thing I've changed on my system recently that I could think would affect this is IE6. My setup is Win98SE/Outlook2000 and it's been fine for a year and a half (since I bought the system).
    Got off the phone with Microsoft tech support this afternoon. I told them the problem (blank emails) and that I had recently installed the IE6 Beta. They immediately attributed the problem to IE6. I think that's great, they know that the program has MAJOR bugs and they release it anyway. I don't want a bunch of posts reminding me that a Beta is a BETA; I'm smart enough to figure that out. There's no way that they should be releasing ANYTHING with a known bug that causes BLANK EMAILS.
  16.    #16  
    I don't got that problem.
    Have A Good Day!
    I Love My Prism!
    I've yet to have any problems with Outlook Express or IE6. Very stable indeed! I rather like the personal bar option. Glad I tried the beta
    -Vincent
    Personally I prefer Netcaptor (See My Sig) It has Tabs, Popup window prevention, quicksearch (i.e typing "g Visor" in the address bar will go to google.com and serch for visor automatically, and in a new tab even) and a bunch of other cool features. Check it out! Here is a Screen shot
    <FONT face="verdana,arial,helvetica" size="1" >NetCaptor and Odigo Rule!<i></font>
    "The Internet is now on computers?"
    Homer Simpson
    DOH! Didn't work. Lemme try again

Or go to my album
    Last edited by Visor Guy2; 04/11/2001 at 11:09 PM.
    <FONT face="verdana,arial,helvetica" size="1" >NetCaptor and Odigo Rule!<i></font>
    "The Internet is now on computers?"
    Homer Simpson
    I am a Microsoft Beta Tester first of all most of the bugs you people have noticed have been taken care of in the build I am currently testing. the interface has been improved somewhat and a few more features added. Also for you MSN Explorer fans a new version is on it's way (version 6.1) IE 6 will be built into Windows XP and will be included on the Office XP Cd as well. The latest beta build is version 2463.001.

Just hang in there and I promise IE 6 will turn out to be a great product.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast