1.    #1  
    I just needed to express my joy. I like having a deluxe. I like my friends visor. I like thinking about getting a prism. I'm simple. I can't remember how a Palm IIIxe is different than a m105... Thanks for keeping real names on these things!
    AMEN BROTHER (or sister )

BEN
    i'm sorry, but i'd take a 911 or a BMW M3 over a Chevrolet Cavalier anyday!
    wow, it's been awhile.....things have REALLY changed...why is my Visor Edge still in my hand? Will a Treo fit better?
    Originally posted by Hoser_in_USA
    Ahhh, but I'd much rather have a Ferrari Modena or Lamborghini Diablo than a 911 or M3.
    Sven

If at first you do succeed, try not to look astonished.
    The Cavalier, like most GM vehicles, is a dinosaur in terms of design. For that vehicle class, I'd take the Ford Focus, Honda Civic, or even a VW Beetle.

Although I am a little stuck on the VW Jetta. It's not overly flashy...but it has subtle elegance.
    ... over a Chevrolet Cavalier anyday!
    Careful what you say about a Chevy Cavalier... my vintage 1985 (and that's not a typo!) does me just fine!
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    scary.. scary! MArk!! SCARY!
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
    Originally posted by sdoersam

Ahhh, but I'd much rather have a Ferrari Modena or Lamborghini Diablo than a 911 or M3.

ugh, italian. never was a fan of lying down when i drive. i prefer the more upright german stuff. Hence my VW Golf instead of the civic/integra that try and copy that 'lying down' feel.

Foo: we have a golf and beetle in the family!

(BTW: Glen Burnie eh? I drive through there everyday to and from work. (I live south of you, near annapolis ) )
    wow, it's been awhile.....things have REALLY changed...why is my Visor Edge still in my hand? Will a Treo fit better?
    Sorry about this, but I'm posting on topic.

Hopeless nerd that I am, I actually prefer a numbering system to name products. If done properly, it lets me know something about a product based on what I know about other related products. When the Palm IIIx came out, I knew basics of it based on what I knew about the Palm III. Ditto the Palm IIIE and the Palm IIIxE (or is it IIIXe). But I still agree that a number isn't as cool as adding a name to the number.

In this case the number still has meaning ie - Ferrari 512 Testarossa. 5 liter, 12 cylinder Redhead. The engine's cylinder heads are painted red - the Ferrari color.

OK, I guess That I couldn't do an entire post on this thread without mentioning a car.
    Why talk about things we cannot afford or we cannot afford to fix. I am staying Japanese.
    I do beetter with names than numbers.
    [file:///C|/eyemodule/RICOROSSI/Unfiled/Rico.jpg]
    Originally posted by ricojrossi
    Why talk about things we cannot afford or we cannot afford to fix. I am staying Japanese.
    I do beetter with names than numbers.
    You mean like the Acura RL, TL or CL? Or maybe a Lexus IS, GS, or ES? How about a Toyota MR2 or RAV4? (Sorry. I couldn't resist. Running and ducking for cover. )
    I really don't have a preference for naming, as long as it makes sense. Most cars that have numbers in the name, BMW 3 series for example, allow you to determine a cars characteristics a little more easily (ie: a BMW 330xi is a 3 series with a 3.0 liter engine and all wheel drive) then say an Accord DX, LX, SE. Unfortunately, most electronics manufacturers haven't figured that one out yet, so you wind up with names like "Q834" that don't make much sense to your average consumer (Or to me for that matter).

For what it is worth, my favorite affordable car would have to be a Subaru Impreza WRX. A mix of a real name and letters.
    Sven

If at first you do succeed, try not to look astonished.
    Originally posted by MarkEagle
    Careful what you say about a Chevy Cavalier... my vintage 1985 (and that's not a typo!) does me just fine!
    Ha! My first car was the 87 Cavalier, silver. It handled fairly well, but rode like a wooden box, and god was the interior **** ugly. It had "medical blue" vinyl/cloth seats and a cheap black plastic dashboard that resembled HAL 9000. I wasn't a very good driver at the time (I bumped into a lot of things...and people), so my Chevy ended up looking like a partially crushed soda can. I left a trail of dead squirrels wherever I went. They probably would have been better off if I had just driven through the forest!

As for Japanese cars..I won't buy one. I want my money to stay here in the good old USA where it gets re-invested in our economy. If you buy a Toyota or Honda, your just supporting the Japanese economy. Buying an American car is the least I can do to keep my country strong.
    Originally posted by sdoersam
    For what it is worth, my favorite affordable car would have to be a Subaru Impreza WRX. A mix of a real name and letters.
    I liked the commercials I've seen, but that WRX is a bit too close to "wrecks" for my tastes.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    Originally posted by foo fighter
    As for Japanese cars..I won't buy one. I want my money to stay here in the good old USA where it gets re-invested in our economy. If you buy a Toyota or Honda, your just supporting the Japanese economy. Buying an American car is the least I can do to keep my country strong.
    These days, its practically impossible to consider a car "American" or "Japanese". Lots of the "American" cars wind up getting assembled in either Mexico or Canada or even in Japan, while some "Japanese" vehicles (like my Nissan truck) actually use a lot of American labor (it was built at their plant in Smyrna, TN) and American parts.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    Your right, many foreign (Japanese in particular) cars are built right here in America. But the fact remains that the overall profits from the sale each of those cars goes back to their country of origin. While some American workers are benefiting from this process, foreign automakers are benefiting more.

Like it or not, corporate profits are what drives the US economy, as it does in any other industrialized country. We all like to believe in the utopian dream that the workers are what keeps America strong...but that's really not the case. That role goes to big business..sad, but true.

Bottom line: If you buy a Ford, your adding to the overall health of the US economy. And in the end, your helping yourself!

If you buy a Toyota...well, your keeping a lot of fat over-paid womanizing Japanese male executives relaxing in steam baths.
    Your right, many foreign (Japanese in particular) cars are built right here in America. But the fact remains that the overall profits from the sale each of those cars goes back to their country of origin. While some American workers are benefiting from this process, foreign automakers are benefiting more.
    Do you have any idea what the manufacturer's profit margin is on those vehicles? Any idea on which manufacturer's provide more dealer incentives to the local dealers? Without taking that into account, you can't make much claim on where the majority of the profits go (or how much those profits are relative to other manufacturers).

Like it or not, corporate profits are what drives the US economy, as it does in any other industrialized country.
    Well, truth be told, consumer confidence and willingness to spend money is what drives the economy.

We all like to believe in the utopian dream that the workers are what keeps America strong...but that's really not the case. That role goes to big business..sad, but true.
    That economic analysis would come as quite a shock to many a well-known economist.

Bottom line: If you buy a Ford, your adding to the overall health of the US economy. And in the end, your helping yourself!
    If Ford spends all of its profits on foreign manufacturing plants and foreign parts for its cars, this is simply not so. Ford profiting, in and of itself, means _nothing_.

If you buy a Toyota...well, your keeping a lot of fat over-paid womanizing Japanese male executives relaxing in steam baths.
    Why should I be more bothered by that than keeping a lot of fat over-paid womanizing American male executives relaxing in steam baths at their golf course?

Buying "American", in and of itself, is meaningless. Buying American only means something when it's a proven fact that the corporation in question reinvests in its community locations. Japanese companies, on the whole, have a much better record of doing this than most big American companies in the recent past.

or you're keeping a bunch of fat, over-paid, cigar smoking, womanizing American male executives having fun in the strip clubs.

it's the same sh*t different pile, foo. (trust me, i know!)

besides, i think the true support of the economy comes from taking our vehicles to the mechanic where the "good ol' boy" charges you murderous rates for a 15 minute procedure and a $5 part.

I think i'll move this topic to 'Off Topic'...it seems to be staying in that general context.
    ...and telling all the fat, overpaid US male auto execs that they need to build a decent car that doesn't fall apart after it leaves the dealer lot.
    Originally posted by bradhaak

In this case the number still has meaning ie - Ferrari 512 Testarossa. 5 liter, 12 cylinder Redhead. The engine's cylinder heads are painted red - the Ferrari color.

OK, I guess That I couldn't do an entire post on this thread without mentioning a car.
    Testarossa means REDHEAD. Just like the hot little tempermental woman she was named after I'm sure.

I'll stick with the classic American CAMARO 5.7liter Z28.
    Since we're on the car drool. Check out http://www.arielmotor.co.uk/

Back to basics at it's best
    Mark Cambie