View Poll Results: Where Did You Learn About Sex? From Whom?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Home/Parents

    4 16.67%
  • Home/Siblings

    0 0%
  • Church/Clergy

    0 0%
  • School/Peers

    8 33.33%
  • School/Teacher or Counselor

    1 4.17%
  • Self/Media

    3 12.50%
  • Self/Reading

    4 16.67%
  • Self/Experimentation

    4 16.67%
Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1.    #1  
    On yesterday, our church began a (planned) 3-week series on sex. During the sermon, I begin to think about a poll for this group, about how you learned about sex, or how you arrived at the attitude(s) you have about sex.
  2. ion++'s Avatar
    Posts
    299 Posts
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    #2  
    Why can people only choose ONE option? They might have learned about it more than one place?
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by shopharim View Post
    On yesterday, our church began a (planned) 3-week series on sex. During the sermon, I begin to think about a poll for this group, about how you learned about sex, or how you arrived at the attitude(s) you have about sex.
    Those would be two different answers. My current attitudes were derived long after I learned about it, unfortunately.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by ion++ View Post
    Why can people only choose ONE option? They might have learned about it more than one place?
    I had in mind (but didn't type) a pirmary source or primary influence. I suspect our understanding and attitudes have been influenced in some way or another by most of if not all of the above.

    The idea for a poll was prompted by the experience I had while listening to the sermon. I found myself wishing someone had taught me with that type of context when I was much younger. I eventually arrived at the same destination, but I ran into many dead ends and detours along the way, never knowing there was a paved path with plenty of sign markers along the way.
  5. #5  
    Man, I thought this was some kind of spam post.

    Hey, ion++, did you really learn from multiple places? I do agree, with ion++, the Self/Media and Self/Reading for todays world looks the same as media nowadays includes print.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by ronbo2000 View Post
    Man, I thought this was some kind of spam post.

    Hey, ion++, did you really learn from multiple places? I do agree, with ion++, the Self/Media and Self/Reading for todays world looks the same as media nowadays includes print.
    Good point. I was leaning more towards the entertainment industry.

    I guess it's a good thing I'm not taking polls for a living. My family wouldn't be eating
  7. #7  
    Everything I know I learned on the internet, back in the 70's.
  8. 1337's Avatar
    Posts
    115 Posts
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    #8  
    I can't remember.
  9.    #9  
    In case anyone's interested, here are links to the sermon:

    You can stream or download the audio from the church's Home Page. Eventually the links will be available in the Sermon Archives
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tastypeppers View Post
    Everything I know I learned on the internet, back in the 70's.
    So you and uncle Al invented the internet right?

    hahaha I can picture a bunch of labcoat, pocket protector types sitting at their huge terminals talking about sex with some other nerd at another university.

    and Tastypeppers the visual is not meant to include you so please dont take it that way.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
  11. #11  
    My option wasn't available: My first girlfriend
  12. #12  
    Barbara Eden (I Dream Of Genie)!
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gasmeister View Post
    Barbara Eden (I Dream Of Genie)!
    Intersting observation. I grew up watching that show, but don't recall being impacted by (whtat I now know to be) her provocative wardrobe. Though, I do recall being impacted years later by the much more moderately dressed girls of "The Facts of Life." Go figure.
  14. #14  
    Is porn Media or Reading ?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
  15. #15  
    Britney Spears is MY favorite porn star.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by shopharim View Post
    Intersting observation. I grew up watching that show, but don't recall being impacted by (whtat I now know to be) her provocative wardrobe. Though, I do recall being impacted years later by the much more moderately dressed girls of "The Facts of Life." Go figure.
    impacted after watching the facts of life girls?

    sounds painful - I don't want to even ask what was involved but I hope the disimpaction was successful.
    http://www.answers.com/topic/impacted
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by cellmatrix View Post
    impacted after watching the facts of life girls?

    sounds painful - I don't want to even ask what was involved but I hope the disimpaction was successful.
    http://www.answers.com/topic/impacted
    Leave it to you, Doc, to add some medical humour... I agree it must've hurt

    Quote Originally Posted by Duke University

    impact

    Impact is a noun.

    The team’s losing record had an impact on attendance.

    Its use as a verb meaning affect or influence is common, but should be avoided.

    Instead of:
    The team’s losing record impacted attendance.

    Use:
    The team’s losing record affected attendance.

    ref: http://dukenews.duke.edu/duke_community/style.html#impact
  18.    #18  


    English lesson duly noted, and will not be forgotten any time soon

Posting Permissions