1.    #1  
    It is being reported that Saddam Hussein was hanged a couple hours ago.
    Hopefully this will open the flood gates. Time to invest heavily in the Iraqi rope industry.
    HAPPY New Year!!!!
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911sforever View Post
    Hopefully this will open the flood gates. Time to invest heavily in the Iraqi rope industry.
    got a chuckle from that.
    Official Held in Saddam Hanging Video

BAGHDAD, Iraq (AP) - The person believed to have recorded Saddam Hussein's raucous execution on a cell phone camera was arrested Wednesday, an adviser to Iraq's prime minister said.

--------------------

Iraqi state television broadcast an official video of Saturday's hanging, which had no audio and never showed Saddam's actual death. But the leaked cell phone video showed the deposed leader being taunted in his final moments, with witnesses shouting "Go to hell!" before he dropped through the gallows floor and died.

The unruly scene was broadcast on Al-Jazeera television and was posted on the Internet, prompting a worldwide outcry and big protests among Iraq's minority Sunnis, who lost their preferential status when Saddam was ousted in the U.S.-led invasion of March 2003.

---------------------

Some Sunni Muslims have taken to the streets in mostly peaceful protests in the days since Saddam's execution, mourning their former leader and protesting the manner in which he was executed.

Al-Maliki on Tuesday ordered his Interior Ministry to investigate the video - who made it and how it reached television and Web sites for public viewing.

--------------------

The prosecutor said he believed all mobile phones had been confiscated before the flight and that some of the officials' bodyguards, who arrived by car, had smuggled the camera phones to the two officials he had seen taking the video pictures.

Some of the last words Saddam heard, according to the leaked cell phone video, were a chant of "Muqtada, Muqtada, Muqtada," a reference to Muqtada al-Sadr, the radical anti-American Shiite cleric, whose Mahdi Army militia is believed responsible for many killings that have targeted Sunnis and driven many from their homes.

Al-Sadr's father was killed by Saddam. The militant cleric is a key al-Maliki backer.

FULL STORY: http://apnews.myway.com//article/200...D8MDV2JO0.html
    I don't get it? More bathist hangings?
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post
    I don't get it? More bathist hangings?
    Yes. His henchmen. I am hearing there are two on deck right now.
    Yes. His henchmen. I am hearing there are two on deck right now.
    Would you like those to be lynchings as well?
    Lynching? You cheapen the term.
    isn't there a video of the hanging? I heard someone in iraq used a cell to recorded Satans hanging and he is now to be excecuted...... WOW.
    Moktada Al Sader, the young Sheait leader attended the execution personally, actually it is rumored the he was the masked man on Saddam's right hand. Saddam recognized him and said something to the effect that this is a shameless hanging because directing his remarks to Moktada. Two leaked cell phone recorded videos have been distributed! I guess a Treo in the execution room whould have been handy, since one of the videos was sold for $20,000
    Treoing & Loving it