1.    #1  
    For years I avoided Ipods because of the inability to play .WMA files but it looks like I can avoid them no longer.

Can anyone suggest a good site to purchase downloads in .MP3 format? I've been using Walmart.com but all they offer is .WMA files.

I'de like to stay with .mp3 because I have a I-River player as well and don't need two music libraries.
    Quote Originally Posted by coppertop View Post
    For years I avoided Ipods because of the inability to play .WMA files but it looks like I can avoid them no longer.

Can anyone suggest a good site to purchase downloads in .MP3 format? I've been using Walmart.com but all they offer is .WMA files.

I'de like to stay with .mp3 because I have a I-River player as well and don't need two music libraries.
    IPods (Apple in general and Steve Jobs specifically)should be avoided at all costs.

Besides, why not play songs from your phone?
  3.    #3  
    I've always kept a standalone MP3 player around for workouts, yard work, etc.

Just something out of habit.
    Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    www.allofmp3.com. While it is still up!
    Palm III -> Palm V -> Blue Palm Vx w/Omnisky -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post
    IPods (Apple in general and Steve Jobs specifically)should be avoided at all costs.

Why do you say that? Apple and MSFT are really not much different from each other when you get down to business. I'm speaking in terms of business only; not OS, formats and hardware. Gates's henchmen are jerks, Jobs is a jerk. Apple is proprietary, MSFT is for sure! Both companies have inflated egos. They both have been caught lying to or misleading customers. Lots of complaints and bad publicity are sometimes the only way to get them to "fix" something. Do I need to go on?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    MP3s have no DRM and most stores don't support them. You will either have to burn your CDs to MP3 or "summon" them from the internet.

All of MP3 MAY be an option, but I hear they recently got targeted in some kind of legal mess. Plus they do not respond to CS requests. I got absolutely NO response of any kind after emailing them 5 times. I'd be careful before giving them CC info.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post

Yes, I hear you! After listening to music for years on my treo, for some reason I decided to switch to an ipod. It turned out to be one of the worst decisions I ever made. For a while it seemed OK, but then I noticed something was missing in the music on the ipod. It just was not the same. It took a long while to figure it out, but finally I discovered what it was - no random pauses. After I realized this it became extremely irritating as I kept waiting for the ipod to periodically pause the music at inappropriate times but it never did. Not even once.

You can understand just how frustrating that was I am sure. I definitely was not about to tolerate this bad engineering on Apple's part, as there was no excuse for it. Anyway thats when I switched back to listening to music on my treo. Now there are pauses all the time throughout my music, and all is well again.

As a footnote I switched to mOcean mp3 player from ptunes recently. I was a little worried that I would lose the music pauses, but to my relief they were still there, just as much actually. Now I feel I have the best of both worlds: the ipod look and the palm mp3 player quality.
    for gym music or music for fitness in general, I recommend european dance music.......

it's ALWAYS the best motivational tool for me...

.....and you don't have to tell anyone at the office if u just listen to it on the mp3 player at the gym ....

.... here's a compilation series on itunes that I recommend -- the "Euro Club Hits" series:

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/M...Club+Hits+Vol+