It's all right to cry
    Crying gets the sad out of you
    It's all right to cry
    It might make you feel better

Rain drops from your eyes
    Washing all the sad out of you
    Rain drops from your eyes
    They might make you feel better

A grade school poem originally posted by "Malkin" on the MacAddict forum. Hope you liked it. Also, you have my condolences, I know how easily pets can become a important part of the family.
    garinballbarin
    I'm very sorry for your loss.

One of the happiest moments of my day is when I get home and Garbo (our Greyhound rescue) greets me. It doesn't matter what kind of day I've had. She always makes me feel better. The rituals we have with our pets never cease to amaze (and amuse) me. Garbo always runs into the bedroom and gets into her bed to greet me. This stems from when we first brought her home from the adoption agency. Garbo had been very badly abused while racing - to this day if you walk towards her with something long and stick-like in your hand she will cower. So when we first brought her home, the only way to get close to her was to corner her when she was laying in her bed. Now, a year-and-a-half later, she runs to the door to see who is there and loves to let strangers pet her when we go for walks, but the place to be greeted in the evening is still her bed. Often when I am opening the door, I will hear her making a mad dash to get to the bedroom before me.

I don't even want to think about the time when she won't be there waiting to greet me.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12