Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    26 years ago today.. light a candle or something to represent the flame that still burns.. RIP

http://www.johnlennon.it/beatles%20pics/lennon-rose.jpg

Harv
    Any legacy that guy had, has been ruined by his no-talent widow Yoko Ono. For me I associate her ***** antics with him.

Quote Originally Posted by hrlaser View Post
    26 years ago today.. light a candle or something to represent the flame that still burns.. RIP

http://www.johnlennon.it/beatles%20pics/lennon-rose.jpg

Harv
    I see what you mean but disagree somewhat.

While she may have tarnished his memory a bit, his musical legacy can be definitely seperated from hers. You cannot deny his musical legacy no matter what Yoko does.

I'm not a Beatles fan, but your statement is a bit disrespectful IMO.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post

I never have understand the "false idol" worship of sports and entertainment figures myself.

Just another person making the best way they can.

Good music, but just that.
    I don't worship him. LOL! I have no Beatles songs in my entire music library. I also think he had bad tastes in women.

I'm only saying to dismiss his legacy just because of Yoko is a bit disrespectful to what he did for music.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!

While she may have tarnished his memory a bit, his musical legacy can be definitely seperated from hers. You cannot deny his musical legacy no matter what Yoko does.

well said!
    I Love Yoko .If you don't get Yoko , You Didn't get John . Johns love for Yoko Is one of my greatest teachers to what love can be ! A gold mine ! Its so easy to hate to judge to spread negative ideas . Don't miss out on such a beautiful gift .We need more lovers to guide us
    Pass the peace pipe!

Quote Originally Posted by byronchurch View Post
    I Love Yoko .If you don't get Yoko , You Didn't get John . Johns love for Yoko Is one of my greatest teachers to what love can be ! A gold mine ! Its so easy to hate to judge to spread negative ideas . Don't miss out on such a beautiful gift .We need more lovers to guide us
    Not disrespectful, just my opinion. She has been a thorn in the side of the remaining Beatles since Lennon died. You can deny, b/c a legacy has to continue. The younger generation only knows of this ex-Beatle with the crackpot widow. She has single handledly ruined Lennon.

I can't believe it has been 25 years seems like yesterday.
    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man View Post
    Not disrespectful, just my opinion. She has been a thorn in the side of the remaining Beatles since Lennon died. You can deny, b/c a legacy has to continue. The younger generation only knows of this ex-Beatle with the crackpot widow. She has single handledly ruined Lennon.
    How can you ruin someone else who isn't responsible for your behavior, especially if they're dead??!!

Now if you had said Michael Jackson's legacy is being ruined, being that he's still alive and putting himself into weird situations, I might have agreed with you more. His musical legacy will also still stand, but he's killing his rep by his own hand!

P.S. The younger generation probably doesn't even know who the Beatles are, considering what they listen to!

Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man View Post
    Pass the peace pipe!
    I wholeheartedly agree, even though I don't smoke. Peace on earth, goodwill towards men. John Lennon rest in peace.

ARTIST: John Lennon and Yoko Ono
    TITLE: Happy Christmas (War Is Over)
    Lyrics and Chords

So this is Christmas
    And what have you done
    Another year over
    And a new one just begun
    And so this is Christmas
    I hope you have fun
    The near and the dear ones
    The old and the young

/ D - / Em - / A7 - / D - / G - / Am - / D - / G - /

{Refrain}
    A very merry Christmas
    And a happy New Year
    Let's hope it's a good one
    Without any fear

/ C - / Dm - / Am C / G A7 /

And so this is Christmas
    For weak and for strong
    For rich and the poor ones
    The road is so long
    And so happy Christmas
    For black and for white
    For yellow and red ones
    Let's stop all the fight

And so this is Christmas
    And what have we done
    Another year over
    And a new one just begun
    And so happy Christmas
    I hope you have fun
    The near and the dear one
    The old and the young

{Refrain}

War is over if you want it
    War is over now
    blocks away the night he was murdered, I made my way to the Dakota and spent several hours together with the others who gathered in that first night's spontaneous outpouring of agonized disbelief and sorrow.

His death was the violent horrific end of the Aquarian epoch of love, peace, optimism, and hope -- and the beginning of our current epoch together with the inaguration of Raygunism -- and the phoniness, oppurtunism, exploitation, lies, and despair that have consumed us since...

That night though remains for me to this day the most emotionally moving public thing I've ever experienced -- the singing of Imagine, Christmas and the others, all the tearful embraces, was unprecedented -- people came that first night on their own before the news coverage had made it a "popular" media spectacle. A wrenching wrenching end to a wonderful guy.

His death all the more horrific because he had seemingly finally found happiness after a lifetime of struggle and internal pain. He had finallyy re-acheived success and happiness in his career, victory against Nixon, overcoming his dependency on drugs and alcahol, and love and reconcilliation with Yoko.

So few humans ever achieve anything like a happy life -- it is especially awful when a life such as that is so wastefully foreshortened so uselessly...
    Last edited by BARYE; 12/11/2006 at 04:08 PM.
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE View Post
    blocks away the night he was murdered, I made my way to the Dakota and spent several hours together with the others who gathered in that first night's spontaneous outpouring of agonized disbelief and sorrow.
    snip remainder..

A very compassionate and compelling post. You understand the effect John Lennon, and his music, and his life had on so many people. A previous poster's insulting, shallow and disrespectful rant (which I don't think even deserves quoting, much less a response).. was nicely nullified by yours. I couldn't have said it better than you did. John was a lot more than just one of four members of the most influential, creative, (and in my opinion, culturally important).. band in the history of rock / pop music.

Pax et Lux

Harv
    A previous poster's insulting, shallow and disrespectful rant (which I don't think even deserves quoting, much less a response).. was nicely nullified by yours. Harv
    That would be my post - and I stand by it. Lennon would be looked at today with more respect if it wasn't for Yoko. I have no apology for an opinion stated on TCOT.
    The true Beatles fans, as some have stated here, are NOT considering him tarnished by Yoko. They are looking at him and him only, not her actions after his death. Or they are accepting Yoko along with him.

snip remainder..

A very compassionate and compelling post. You understand the effect John Lennon, and his music, and his life had on so many people. A previous poster's insulting, shallow and disrespectful rant (which I don't think even deserves quoting, much less a response).. was nicely nullified by yours. I couldn't have said it better than you did. John was a lot more than just one of four members of the most influential, creative, (and in my opinion, culturally important).. band in the history of rock / pop music.

Pax et Lux

Harv
    Harv, thanks for starting this thread, its great, and don't worry about the detractors. By the way, have you, (or Bayre or Phone Diva) seen the movie "The US vs. John Lennon"? I have not seen it yet but plan to this holiday season.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0478049/
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE View Post
    His death was the violent horrific end of the Aquarian epoch of love, peace, optimism, and hope -- and the beginning of our current epoch together with the inaguration of Raygunism -- and the phoniness, oppurtunism, exploitation, lies, and despair that have consumed us since...
    If his death was teH end then it wasn't much of an epoch. And if you think there wasn't opportunism and exploitation all around the Beatles then you're more mired in that fantasy than I thought.
    The FBI released the last unreleased surveillance records on John Lennon today which show the 25 year long claim that Lennon was a national security threat had no basis in fact.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061220/...u/lennon_files

A fitting end to this absurd investigation, with history telling us yet again how vigilant we should be about the potential overstepping of public surveillance in the name of national security.
    ok, I didn't know anyone thought he was a security threat. Just a musician.

Quote Originally Posted by cellmatrix View Post
    The FBI released the last unreleased surveillance records on John Lennon today which show the 25 year long claim that Lennon was a national security threat had no basis in fact.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061220/...u/lennon_files

A fitting end to this absurd investigation, with history telling us yet again how vigilant we should be about the potential overstepping of public surveillance in the name of national security.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast