1.    #1  
    Does anyone know of a site that has the current Metro North time schedules for the various MTA lines? ( I am looking for the Stamford and New Haven line info)

Thanks.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  3.    #3  
    Felipe,

Thanks, but I was actually looking for a site that has the schedule available for download to my Visor.

Anyone know of a site that had the Metro North schedule (perhaps that will run with a database program such as dB) that can be downloaded into your PDA?

Thanks
    Try this link:

http://pages.prodigy.net/lucien/mnr/

The Metro North schedules are available for the 'Commute' program (links to d/l the program are on the page). I've used it, and it works pretty good.

Michael
    Originally posted by john q public
    Does anyone know of a site that has the current Metro North time schedules for the various MTA lines? ( I am looking for the Stamford and New Haven line info)

Thanks.
    Surprised no one has mentioned this, but the Metro palm program (available at Palmgear.com) is a freeware application that will tell you how to get from point-to-point.

My only beef with this great program is that it doesn't tell you the actual schedule (train departure times). If you plan to use trains betwen two stations on a regular basis, you can put the departure/arrival times in a memopad document and use that for reference.
    Originally posted by NeilMcD

Surprised no one has mentioned this, but the Metro palm program (available at Palmgear.com) is a freeware application that will tell you how to get from point-to-point.

My only beef with this great program is that it doesn't tell you the actual schedule (train departure times). If you plan to use trains betwen two stations on a regular basis, you can put the departure/arrival times in a memopad document and use that for reference.
    Another vote for metro! Very great program with tons of different cities to load up !

...Now if I can only find a way to get Seattle's bus schedule's loaded on my visor....
    Originally posted by MitzEclipse

...Now if I can only find a way to get Seattle's bus schedule's loaded on my visor....
    The Commute program I mentioned in my earlier reply will let you enter any schedule you want. The only down side is that if the data is not available for download, you will have to enter the schedule manually.

Michael
    I agree the Metro Program is fantastic, but it only includes the Subway system in NY, not the Metro North trains.
    Another vote for Metro...I used it while traveling to London, Paris, Rome, New York and love it. It is so handy and unbelievably up-to-date for a freeware program (the version I downloaded in Feb includes the new part of our local Skytrain line that opened just a month before!).
    Alex.
    Goodbye my lovely Treo
    HELLO TG50
    Originally posted by mfacelle

The Commute program I mentioned in my earlier reply will let you enter any schedule you want. The only down side is that if the data is not available for download, you will have to enter the schedule manually.

Michael
    I'll have to try "Commute". I hope it won't be such a pain importing schedules like THIS , will it?
    Originally posted by MitzEclipse

I hope it won't be such a pain importing schedules like THIS , will it?
    Commute comes with a program to edit your schedule on a PC. You can highlight and copy the schedule off the web page and then paste it into notepad, etc., and format the text as needed. It may be a lot of work to reformat the text, but it's easier than entering all the data manually.

Michael
    Originally posted by lynch
    I agree the Metro Program is fantastic, but it only includes the Subway system in NY, not the Metro North trains.
    Most recent version (released the other day - ver. 4.2.1) includes a New York- Extended which includes the NJ Transit, Metro North, LIRR, PATH, and different shuttles.
    Originally posted by mfacelle

Commute comes with a program to edit your schedule on a PC. You can highlight and copy the schedule off the web page and then paste it into notepad, etc., and format the text as needed. It may be a lot of work to reformat the text, but it's easier than entering all the data manually.

Michael
    Michael, as long as it's doable, I'll try it this weekend when I get some free time... I would love to get the 10 most used bus routes on my edge!
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    Originally posted by NeilMcD

Most recent version (released the other day - ver. 4.2.1) includes a New York- Extended which includes the NJ Transit, Metro North, LIRR, PATH, and different shuttles.
    You almost had me there....actually there's no LIRR on the system (yet?) but it's not like it has actually timing schedules anyway, which would be more useful for a commuter line at 1 train an hour than a subway line with more frequent trains...