Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    TNG and DS9 are on some local channels here in Houston. I just hope Paramount
    releases TNG on DVD like Fox does the X-Files (a season at a time).
    Boy, that sure would be sweet. The Sopranos is a sweet thing also, as is Sex in the City (which I have) and Spawn (of which I have all three). But alas, 80 bucks for The Sopranos is a bit steep for me. I saw the price and balked. Paramount has a history of charging a premium for anything they license for ST and I think this would be high as well. But I guess I can hope.

Anybody out there with a DVD-RAM?
    Originally posted by JHromadka
    TNG and DS9 are on some local channels here in Houston. I just hope Paramount releases TNG on DVD like Fox does the X-Files (a season at a time).
    They will probably release TNG like they are doing the original ST - one/two DVDs at a time with 2 episodes on each disk.

------------------------
    "Okay, strap yourselves in! This flight is gonna suck, and we don't serve peanuts!"
    Hawkes to colonists, "...Tell Our Moms We Done Our Best". (Space: Above and Beyond)
    Boston Public (also Boston Common, but that was canceled a while ago)
    Ally McBeal
    Dark Angel
    The $treet (also canceled)
    Will & Grace
    The Simpsons

yeah, i wrote that ...
    WWF Smackdown all the way!
    Originally posted by narnia_77
    Shows that I wish were still on the air (w/ new episodes):
    - The Pretender
    They're making movies instead it seems. Did you catch the first one? There's a second coming within the next couple of months.

All of this makes me feel like some sort of non-TV watching freak. The only shows I watch with any regularity these days are:

1) The Pretender
    2) Hardball with Chris Matthews
    3) VH1 Behind the Music

Other than that I typically only watch whatever interesting might be playing on the A&E, Discovery, Hitler^H^H^H^Hstory Channel, Animal Planet block on the DSS. Oh yeah, and I watch old Sesame Street and Electric Company episodes on Noggin with my daughter. If only Nickelodeon would start running old Mr. Wizard shows again, I'd never have to deviate from those channels (except for the occasional Comedy Central foray).

Shows I used to watch regularly:

1-3) above
    4) X-Files
    5) Simpsons
    6) South Park

Don't get to watch 4-6 much anymore due to lack of remembering when they play (I mean being able to realize when it's the specific night of the week which they play, not that I don't know the night that they're scheduled to play). The shows that I watch regularly are either a) playing every night so I don't have to remember a schedule or b) my wife watches them too and she's got a better sense of time that way. OK, I think I've rambled enough...
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    Originally posted by Toby
    They're making movies instead it seems. Did you catch the first one? There's a second coming within the next couple of months.
    Yep, saw the movie, and I'm impatiently waiting for the next one. (Rumored to be shown on April 9th.) Update:"Since AOL's recent acquisition of TNT, the air date of "Island of the Haunted" has once again been changed ... this time to December of 2001." - Lois' Daily Planet News Flash

If you need additional "The Pretender" fixes (other than the reruns and movies) there is a virtual season currently running at http://www.fanficweb.net/tvs/pretender/. I've created Peanut Reader versions of the episodes that the group uses. Check it out. Good stuff.

Don't get to watch 4-6 much anymore due to lack of remembering when they play (I mean being able to realize when it's the specific night of the week which they play, not that I don't know the night that they're scheduled to play).
    Ditto. A few times I used my Visor to check what day of the week it was. I have my favorite shows in a GIST calendar, and they send me email reminders each day.

To add to my (long) list before - Dexter's Laboratory. I can't believe I forgot that one. ("Dee Dee, you are so stupid!" - Dex)

-------------------------------------
    There are Pretenders among us.
    Geniuses with the ability to become anyone they want to be.

In 1963, a corporation known as the Centre isolated a young Pretender
    named Jarod, in order to harness his genius for their research.

Until, one day, their Pretender ran away....
    Last edited by narnia_77; 03/17/2001 at 02:14 PM.
    ST:VOY
    Earth: Final Conflict
    American High (coming back Apr 4 on PBS!)
    -Vincent
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12