Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    I knew this thread would pop up soon.

Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    You certainly are changing your tone on the illegal immigrant labor.
    Am I? Please, do point that out.

A question, what does the democratic party say about illegal immigrant labor? How are they going to handle it? You have I am sure heard Nancy talk about it.
    The Democrats where smart enough to stay quiet on the illegal immigration issue when Rove went after it to try and bring more hispanics into the Repubs.

Fact is, the Dems have inherited a divisive issue in immigration.

As for the tax cuts, if you pay taxes (I do), I saw a nice reduction in my taxes - I benefited rather nicely.
    You may have seen a reduction in federal but you also likely saw an increase in State and Local taxes as well as a reduction in services. Roll back the tax cut to the top 1%.

As for the working class jobs in China - how many Americans do you know that are willing to work for what they get paid? Would you? Do you get a higher annual salary then the China dudes?
    We can most certainly legislate limits on imports. We should also start with a "Buy American" campaign and stop letting Wal Mart pretend their Middle America's working class friend while they're shipping their jobs to China.
    I'm amused. The discussions as to why the Republicans lost so many elections, and what it means, will go on for months. What's amusing, though, is the immediate reaction of conservatives to blame the "liberal media."

And just what media is this? Last I saw, Fox is the most watched broadcast news show, and no one can claim that to be even a tiny bit liberal (nor 'fair and balanced,' for that matter). It's conservative, republican bias is more blatant than any other TV news show's liberal bias. And I doubt that very many people in the heartland get their news from the Washington Post or New York Times. Even if they did, it's been a long time since the Post has really been a "liberal" newspaper. They even endorsed a republican for governor of Maryland this year.

Even Fox News, the Washington Times and other more conservative outlets have been forced to acknowledge that fact that this administration's foreign policy has been a disaster, rockin' and rollin' from one blunder to another. Bush's foreign policy group is really The Gang That Couldn't Shoot Straight. When all 4 military newspapers call the administrations military policy a failure, you know this has gone way beyond the 'liberal media.'

But it's much easier to blame someone else than accept responsibility for your own failure, I guess.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cellmatrix View Post
    I agree with TastyPeppers, its time for the GOP to confront what it is doing wrong. If the GOP tries to live in some fantasy spin world that this is a closet conservative victory and nothing is wrong, or spends their energies attacking John Kerry, who is long dead already, they are going to continue to be losers.
    Sorry, guess I could have been a little more clear. This was from the democratic analyst, not from someone on the republican side. He was talking about how his party has shifted toward the center and the republican party stayed where they were. I did not take his statements as an attack on John Kerry, he was just trying to point out that right now he did not think his party would select Kerry as their presidential candidate.

If it was spin it was spin from the dems not the repubs.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post
    Come on Kids.

The main reason is that Iraq had nothing to do with 9-11. Iraq was marketed and 9-11 was used as such but by doing so this Admin took the target off of Afghanistan an BL. BL still not being brought to International justice means a lot more than the Hussein verdict.

Most importantly, the middle classs has SUFFERED under this Admin. The Dems SHOULD and WILL address this.

Lastly, CORRUPTION! This Congress may go down as the MOST corrupt EVER.

Repubs had COMPLETE control and BLEW IT!

What did you expect?

I'll be sleeping with a smile (smirk) on my face tonight BUT more importanly, thinking about building an illegal immigration wall (around employers) to protect the good working Americans!

I think most people knew from the beginning that Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11. They didnt care until it became apparent that its being mismanaged.

I agree the middle class has suffered (I am middle class, so I know), but Im not sure the dems will help. They better not raise my taxes anymore though because Im at the limit of what I can afford.

As for Immigration, a wall is a good start, but the only way you will stop it, is by imposing major fines angainst companies that hire illegal aliens. Lets start with a million dollar fine for each illegal working for your company, we will see the employement market dry up and less people will be trying to get in illegally. Then, maybe we can grant work visas to people willing to come in legally.
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio View Post
    ...Kerry because of his statement on the uneducated military. They believe it cost him any chance of the party nomination in 08.
    Are you honestly naive or are you just repeating the talking point? I mean honestly. You do realize that most people recognize the fact that the statement was intended as a slam on Bush and the Repubs tried to frame it otherwise.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomUps View Post
    imposing major fines angainst companies that hire illegal aliens. Lets start with a million dollar fine for each illegal working for your company, we will see the employement market dry up and less people will be trying to get in illegally. Then, maybe we can grant work visas to people willing to come in legally.
    Re-read what I posted and you'll see I was talking about employers.

We already have existing work visas in this country. Why do free market capitalists turn into 'communists' when the free market benefits labor due to a shortage?
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    I'm amused. The discussions as to why the Republicans lost so many elections, and what it means, will go on for months. What's amusing, though, is the immediate reaction of conservatives to blame the "liberal media."

And just what media is this? Last I saw, Fox is the most watched broadcast news show, and no one can claim that to be even a tiny bit liberal (nor 'fair and balanced,' for that matter). It's conservative, republican bias is more blatant than any other TV news show's liberal bias. And I doubt that very many people in the heartland get their news from the Washington Post or New York Times. Even if they did, it's been a long time since the Post has really been a "liberal" newspaper. They even endorsed a republican for governor of Maryland this year.

Even Fox News, the Washington Times and other more conservative outlets have been forced to acknowledge that fact that this administration's foreign policy has been a disaster, rockin' and rollin' from one blunder to another. Bush's foreign policy group is really The Gang That Couldn't Shoot Straight. When all 4 military newspapers call the administrations military policy a failure, you know this has gone way beyond the 'liberal media.'

But it's much easier to blame someone else than accept responsibility for your own failure, I guess.
    Your entire post falls apart when you state "When all 4 military newspapers call the administrations military policy a failure,". The 4 peridicals you speak (at least I assume you speak of) AF Times, Army Times, Navy Times, Marine TImes, are not military newspapers. They are civilian owned and printed peridicals that cater to the military men and women on items such as promotion statistics, pay scales, proposed uniform changes and the like. Please try to stop indicating they are military newspapers and express the views of the military. The editorial is from an individual that works for the paper, all 4 papers actually. The papers are part of the Garnett publishing company.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Are you honestly naive or are you just repeating the talking point? I mean honestly. You do realize that most people recognize the fact that the statement was intended as a slam on Bush and the Repubs tried to frame it otherwise.

Yes, I repeated the talking point from the democratic analyst last night that was sitting with Katie Couric. I made no commentary on his statement, simply repeated it here. Are you that naive that you can not comprehend what I have said three times now?
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio View Post
    Yes, I repeated the talking point from the democratic analyst last night that was sitting with Katie Couric. I made no commentary on his statement, simply repeated it here. Are you that naive that you can not comprehend what I have said three times now?
    In not pointing out the fact that this issue was created from whole clothe by the repubs you continue the dishonesty of it regardless of whom you are quoting.

Edited to add: And I think this is what a lot of moderates where getting tired of from this administration, the continued repeating of lies to make truths. I think people at a gut level are feeling like, "Give it a break. We're not idiots."
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Re-read what I posted and you'll see I was talking about employers.

We already have existing work visas in this country. Why do free market capitalists turn into 'communists' when the free market benefits labor due to a shortage?

Not sure what your saying here, but my point was there are alot of businesses that benefit from a large illegal alien work pool. They pay these people often below the minimum wage, and do not pay taxes or benefits. If you fine these businesses large sums, this practise will stop. Then, increase the current work visa program for legal entry into our country. The current visa program is not sufficient.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Reprts are out saying that Rumsfield is to resign at 1 PM EST today.

"Republican officials say Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld is stepping down. Word comes a day after the Democratic gains in the election, in which Rumsfeld was a focus of much of the criticism of the Iraq war."

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/11/08/D8L91ID02.html
    Last edited by cardio; 11/08/2006 at 11:39 AM.
    Not sure what your saying here, but my point was there are alot of businesses that benefit from a large illegal alien work pool. They pay these people often below the minimum wage, and do not pay taxes or benefits. If you fine these businesses large sums, this practise will stop. Then, increase the current work visa program for legal entry into our country. The current visa program is not sufficient.
    I'm saying I'm in 100% agreement with you.

People argue that Americans won't do "those jobs" which is BS. Pay enough to harvest apples and Americans will harvest Apples. Americans will then pay more for those Apples at the store.

American businesses have become addicted to cheap illegal labor and it's time for an INTERVENTION for the sake of the American working class.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    In not pointing out the fact that this issue was created from whole clothe by the repubs you continue the dishonesty of it regardless of whom you are quoting.

Edited to add: And I think this is what a lot of moderates where getting tired of from this administration, the continued repeating of lies to make truths. I think people at a gut level are feeling like, "Give it a break. We're not idiots."
    ????You really do not get it do you.

The statements were not made by this admistration. Whatever, forget about it.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    I'm saying I'm in 100% agreement with you.
    Oh.....Im just not use to that.
    Oh.....Im just not use to that.
    Quote Originally Posted by cellmatrix View Post
    I agree with TastyPeppers, its time for the GOP to confront what it is doing wrong. If the GOP tries to live in some fantasy spin world that this is a closet conservative victory and nothing is wrong, or spends their energies attacking John Kerry, who is long dead already, they are going to continue to be losers.
    Me too! But both sides need to take a hard look at themselves. What I hope is coming to the forefront are a group of moderates that will actually get something done and listen to their constituents. I am a conservative Dem or a liberal Rep either way you want to look at it - but I do not necessarily agree wholeheartedly with either party. I am sick of the GOP trying to wrap themselves in the Flag and Christianity and casting a bad eye at anyone who does not see things their way. And I am mad at the Dem's for fingering pointing, trying to give too much away and not coming up with a solid plan!

And I am old enough to have seen this happen 4 times now - what comes around, goes around. The Dems have about 8 years and then, the GOP will be back. What does that tell you? There are a lot of people out there looking for something in the middle??
    And I think this is what a lot of moderates where getting tired of ... the continued repeating of lies to make truths.
    Here's a great example:
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    The middle class gained nothing from the 'tax-cuts' which simply benefitted the rich.
    Regardless of Kerry's intent, his chances for 2008 are over. Democrats have plenty of other potential candidates who actually have a chance of winning.
    Quote Originally Posted by samkim View Post
    Here's a great example:
    It's an increasingly hourglass economy by any economists standards.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast