Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 24
  1.    #1  
    Coming from publications that have been the friends of US servicemen and women for 60 years, this seems like the most obvious referendum on this botched war on terror that has been made so far.

    I refuse to believe that these papers are run by Anti-American or communist leaning people, as I have heard on this forum from others. I believe that what these papers say is right on the money.

    http://www.armytimes.com/story.php?f...25-2333376.php
  2. cardio's Avatar
    Posts
    779 Posts
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by cellmatrix View Post
    Coming from publications that have been the friends of US servicemen and women for 60 years, this seems like the most obvious referendum on this botched war on terror that has been made so far.

    I refuse to believe that these papers are run by Anti-American or communist leaning people, as I have heard on this forum from others. I believe that what these papers say is right on the money.

    http://www.armytimes.com/story.php?f...25-2333376.php

    These publications are not from the services, they cater to service members as far as articles of interest such as who got promoted, publishing the upcoming pay scales, updates on proposed uniform changes, major equipment changes, they sometimes spotlight a geographical area that you happen to be reassigned to and general interest items like that.

    They are published by a civilian news organization, sold to military members as a profit generating business, nothing more nothing less.

    They are all published by the same organization, so it makes sense that all would have the same editorial.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
  3.    #3  
    Guess also agree with the Army/Navy/Marine/Air Force Times newspapers?

    Neo-conservative leaders, Richard Perle, Ken Adelman, David Frum thats who.

    They have been the strongest proponents for the war in Iraq, and even they are loudly suggesting how the Bush administration has badly mismanaged the war in Iraq and they think Rumsfeld should resign.

    http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...toryId=6437593
  4. #4  
    Rumsfeld = McNamara? Bush = Johnson?
  5. #5  
    It really doesnt matter what the publications say, Pres. Bush is not going to change out Sec. Rumsfeld.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho View Post
    It really doesnt matter what the publications say, Pres. Bush is not going to change out Sec. Rumsfeld.
    Newspaper editorials maybe not but congressional pressure could do it.

    You will recall for instance that Pres Bush was initially very much opposed to the idea of a Department of Homeland Security, but after time he embraced the idea after pressure from congress.

    What type of pressure, if any, that would be applied in the case of Rumsfled would of course depend entirely on what type of congress we elect today.

    nice tie!
  7. TomUps's Avatar
    Posts
    22 Posts
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    #7  
    Whether you were for the war, or against it, its hard to dispute that its been managed very poorly, with either limited or inept planning. Rumsfeld should go. How bout we put somebody with some sort of military background in charge?
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by cellmatrix View Post
    Newspaper editorials maybe not but congressional pressure could do it.

    You will recall for instance that Pres Bush was initially very much opposed to the idea of a Department of Homeland Security, but after time he embraced the idea after pressure from congress.

    What type of pressure, if any, that would be applied in the case of Rumsfled would of course depend entirely on what type of congress we elect today.

    nice tie!
    It would require Congressional pressure but on almost every issue, IF Pres Bush folds, its because he thinks it really is the right direction to go.

    Thanks for the compliment...how do you feel about Arnold whipping Phil?
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by TomUps View Post
    Whether you were for the war, or against it, its hard to dispute that its been managed very poorly, with either limited or inept planning. Rumsfeld should go. How bout we put somebody with some sort of military background in charge?
    I don't think its necessarily Sec. Rumsfeld...anyone would have trouble trying to win the war there.

    BTW, Sec. Rumsfeld does have some military background (I personally thought he was AF).

    He was an aviator in the U.S. Navy between 1954 and 1957, before transferring to the Reserve.
    link
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

  10. #10  
    The difference - Phil meant more money out of the pocket in a state that is all ready over taxed.

    Ben

    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho View Post
    It would require Congressional pressure but on almost every issue, IF Pres Bush folds, its because he thinks it really is the right direction to go.

    Thanks for the compliment...how do you feel about Arnold whipping Phil?
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho View Post
    Thanks for the compliment...how do you feel about Arnold whipping Phil?
    In light of the other political results, and in light of the fact that it was a foregone conclusion, I feel fine. I always heard that Aanold like to do sequels anyway.

    But I have news for you too soldier, you have a new general and his name is Jerry Brown. Better shine your shoes and be ready to salute when he comes by!
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by cellmatrix View Post
    Guess also agree with the Army/Navy/Marine/Air Force Times newspapers?

    Neo-conservative leaders, Richard Perle, Ken Adelman, David Frum thats who.

    They have been the strongest proponents for the war in Iraq, and even they are loudly suggesting how the Bush administration has badly mismanaged the war in Iraq and they think Rumsfeld should resign.

    http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...toryId=6437593
    As a "retired" 21+ years veteran of the Army, I highly concur. Thinking back to his stumbling and angry rationalization as to why military vehicles weren't being armored properly, it seems his much-more-than 15 minutes should have been over then. BTW, if we are in the middle of a "war," why hasn't the draft been reinstated rather than holding reservists way past their time of obligation? People want to know...
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho View Post
    Thanks for the compliment...how do you feel about Arnold whipping Phil?
    Phil..you mean Ernie?



    He had no shot...Westly would have had a much better chance.
    Last edited by scottymomo; 11/08/2006 at 11:07 AM. Reason: ernie pic keeps disappearing in FF, replaced with another
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

    "95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  14. TomUps's Avatar
    Posts
    22 Posts
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho View Post
    I don't think its necessarily Sec. Rumsfeld...anyone would have trouble trying to win the war there.

    BTW, Sec. Rumsfeld does have some military background (I personally thought he was AF).

    link

    I agree it a difficult war. I still would rather have maybe a very high ranking military officer in charge than someone that maybe served in the air force 30 years ago.

    I also dont understand the strategy. Roaming patrols of Iraqi cities in humvees sounds pretty similar to the ambush patrols of vietnam. Didnt work then, not working now.

    The only solution is break iraq up into 3 parts. Kurds, Sunnis, and Shia. These groups have proved they do not have the ability or desire to live together. Its going to happen anyway, why not do it now before more US troops die.
  15. #15  
    Looks like he's going to resign.
  16. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    #16  
    "He was quick on the draw - I thought I'd be dead He put the gun to my head and this is what he said...."

    Paul Revere - Beastie Boys

    I am sure this had nothing to do with the elections. Party is over.
  17. cardio's Avatar
    Posts
    779 Posts
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG View Post
    "He was quick on the draw - I thought I'd be dead He put the gun to my head and this is what he said...."

    Paul Revere - Beastie Boys

    I am sure this had nothing to do with the elections. Party is over.
    Do yo know anything about Robert Gates, ex CIA director?
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG View Post
    I am sure this had nothing to do with the elections.
    Bill Kristol said a few weeks ago that Rumsfeld would resign right after the elections.
  19. cardio's Avatar
    Posts
    779 Posts
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by samkim View Post
    Bill Kristol said a few weeks ago that Rumsfeld would resign right after the elections.

    Robert Gates met with President Bush on Sunday and that is supposedly when Gates told the president that he would accept the postion being offered. I had heard whisperings of a major announcement concerning the military after the elections, I really thought it would be concerning troop strength in Iraq. However, this is not a surprise either.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio View Post
    Do yo know anything about Robert Gates, ex CIA director?
    He's done a fantastic job in the past few years as President of Texas A&M. Very sad to see him leave.

    Granted, President of a university and Sec Def are completely different animals, but he was (and hopefully will be again in the future) a real asset to the university.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions