Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Does this strike you as odd or what? The president of the 30 million National Association of Evangelicals and a weekly spiritual advisor for President Bush now admits to buying meth and having sex with a gay hooker.

This is one of Bush's key spiritual advisors isn't he, and isn't he the person who worked with Bush on going after gays with his anti-gay marriage initiatives?

They say truth is stranger than fiction.

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dl...611060416/1012
    What's the big deal?
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cellmatrix View Post
    Does this strike you as odd or what? The president of the 30 million National Association of Evangelicals and a weekly spiritual advisor for President Bush now admits to buying meth and having sex with a gay hooker.

This is one of Bush's key spiritual advisors isn't he, and isn't he the person who worked with Bush on going after gays with his anti-gay marriage initiatives?

They say truth is stranger than fiction.

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dl...611060416/1012
    Maybe I am missing something here;

Where does he admit to having sex with a gay hooker?
    This is also the first I have heard that he advises President Bush on a weekly basis, actually I did not know he advised Bush at all.

Are these facts or something you added?
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio View Post

This is also the first I have heard that he advises President Bush on a weekly basis, actually I did not know he advised Bush at all.

Are these facts or something you added?
    Haggard took part in weekly White House conference calls.

A Male Prostitute states Haggard poaid him for sex. Haggard states in a letter; “The fact is I am guilty of sexual immorality. And I take responsibility for the entire problem,” Haggard wrote. “I am a deceiver and a liar. There’s a part of my life that is so repulsive and dark that I have been warring against it for all of my adult life.”

The whole situation is such a living stereotype of the Left's view of the religious right as self loathing/self oppressing freaks.

Oh, and here's a bit about his appearance in the movie Jesus Camp:
    In one scene of the film, which follows a group of children as they develop evangelical Christian beliefs, directors Heidi Ewing and Rachel Grady visit Haggard's 14,000-member New Life Church in Colorado Springs, Colo. He tells the vast audience, "We don't have to debate about what we should think about homosexual activity. It's written in the Bible."

Then Haggard looks into the camera and says kiddingly: "I think I know what you did last night," drawing laughs from the crowd. "If you send me a thousand dollars, I won't tell your wife."

Later, another joke for the filmmakers: "If you use any of this, I'll sue you."

INCREDIBLE.
  5.    #5  
    Read the article, he finally admitted to having sex yesterday in a letter he published.
    http://www.harpers.org/SoldiersOfChr...288348488.html
    Harper's 310 (1860): 41-54. p. 42. On November 3, 2006
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Read the article, he finally admitted to having sex yesterday in a letter he published.

http://www.harpers.org/SoldiersOfChr...288348488.html
    Harper's 310 (1860): 41-54. p. 42. On November 3, 2006
    I still do not see where he admitted to having sex, he admits sexual immorality, which could be the massage he admitted to paying for, I don't know, he also states that not all of the allegations are true, he admitted to the meth, and the massage, what is left that he is denying (sexual encounter).

The article from harpers.org says (from early 2005) that he speaks to Bush or his advisors weekly, a lot different than "weekly spiritual advisor for President Bush ". If he was an advisor to the president I think it would have been in the mainstream media.

He needs to be held accountable, which it appears that he has, but we don't need to embelish the story.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post

A Male Prostitute states Haggard poaid him for sex. Haggard states in a letter; “The fact is I am guilty of sexual immorality. And I take responsibility for the entire problem,” Haggard wrote. “I am a deceiver and a liar. There’s a part of my life that is so repulsive and dark that I have been warring against it for all of my adult life.”

The whole situation is such a living stereotype of the Left's view of the religious right as self loathing/self oppressing freaks.

In one scene of the film, which follows a group of children as they develop evangelical Christian beliefs, directors Heidi Ewing and Rachel Grady visit Haggard's 14,000-member New Life Church in Colorado Springs, Colo. He tells the vast audience, "We don't have to debate about what we should think about homosexual activity. It's written in the Bible."

Then Haggard looks into the camera and says kiddingly: "I think I know what you did last night," drawing laughs from the crowd. "If you send me a thousand dollars, I won't tell your wife."

INCREDIBLE.
    It's a movie. Kinda like believing that Nacho Libre is an accurate portrayal of Roman Catholics.
    It's a movie. Kinda like believing that Nacho Libre is an accurate portrayal of Roman Catholics.
    Um yea. Sorta missing the point aren't Ya.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Um yea. Sorta missing the point aren't Ya.
    Um no, not if the point was to embelish the headlines. This man joined the ranks of many others who let their personal desires damage their careers, the list would include those on the far right, the far left and everywhere inbetween, it would include pastors to presidents, male and female, all races and those of all sexual orientations. None need to additional items added to their offenses.
  10.    #10  
    I still do not see where he admitted to having sex, he admits sexual immorality, which could be the massage he admitted to paying for, I don't know, he also states that not all of the allegations are true, he admitted to the meth, and the massage, what is left that he is denying (sexual encounter).

The article from harpers.org says (from early 2005) that he speaks to Bush or his advisors weekly, a lot different than "weekly spiritual advisor for President Bush ". If he was an advisor to the president I think it would have been in the mainstream media.

He needs to be held accountable, which it appears that he has, but we don't need to embelish the story.
    Haggard was invited to the White house every week, every Monday to be precise, and advised Bush many times about spiritual matters.
    Um no, not if the point was to embelish the headlines. This man joined the ranks of many others who let their personal desires damage their careers, the list would include those on the far right, the far left and everywhere inbetween, it would include pastors to presidents, male and female, all races and those of all sexual orientations. None need to additional items added to their offenses.
    I think working actively to deny rights to gay people and preaching to your 14,000 followers that homosexuality is wrong while trying to keep ones self crammed in the closet is it's own special brand of hypocrisy.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Haggard was invited to the White house every week, every Monday to be precise, and advised Bush many times about spiritual matters.
    Where did you get the information that he was invited to the White House every Monday?
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    I think working actively to deny rights to gay people and preaching to your 14,000 followers that homosexuality is wrong while trying to keep ones self crammed in the closet is it's own special brand of hypocrisy.
    I agree that is hypocrisy. However back to my original comment, why embelish the story by saying he admits to having sex with a gay hooker (which I still have not seen that admission, sexual immorality yes, sex with a gay hooker no) and that he serves as a spiritual advisor to President Bush on a weekly basis (I see where in 2005 he participated in conference calls to white house advisors and that he said he once met with the president when he signed the partial birth abortion ban).
  14.    #14  
    Having weekly meetings, or conversations (maybe he had conference calls too, the article is vague on this) with the President or his advisors is the highest level of access that private citizens could hope to have with the President. It does not get any better than that.
  15.    #15  

INCREDIBLE.
    Here is a link for a write up on the movie, in case you are interested.

http://movies.yahoo.com/mv/news/ap/2...285010000.html
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Having weekly meetings, or conversations (maybe he had conference calls too, the article is vague on this) with the President or his advisors is the highest level of access that private citizens could hope to have with the President. It does not get any better than that.
    The White House disagrees with what haggard claims.

"He made frequent visits to the White House and was included in a select group of religious leaders briefed on the administration's agenda during a weekly teleconference with White House staff, a session meant to "feel the evangelical pulse," he's said.

"We have direct access (to the White House)," Haggard told a Wall Street Journal reporter shortly before the last presidential election, adding that he could take a concern to the president through staff and get a response within 24 hours.

Asked Friday about the Haggard controversy, White House spokesman Tony Fratto downplayed the pastor's connections to the Bush administration.

"He had been on a couple of (conference) calls but was not a weekly participant in those calls," Fratto said, adding that Haggard had been to the White House "one or two times."

"But there have been a lot of people who come to the White House," Fratto said.

Haggard keeps two framed photos of himself and President Bush on the wall outside his church office but also has spoken admiringly in the past of the faith of former Democratic presidents Bill Clinton and Jimmy Carter."

It looks like he also is quilty of embellishing his own stories of his connections to the White House. If he was in on weekly teleconferenceing I am sure it will be out in the MSM very very shortly.
  17.    #17  
    Right, and even though 'Kenny boy' Lay was the single biggest political contributer to Bush's campaigns, he was nonetheless not George Bush's friend, in fact he hardly knew him.

Please excuse my skepticism Cardio.
    Yeam and there wasn't a different gay male prostitute given a white house press pass who made hundreds of visits to the white house.
  19.    #19  
    It common knowledge how secretive this white house can be when they are looking to cover thier political backsides. Look at Cheney who is doing all he can to prevent us from documenting how much he consults with energy executives, although its obvious anyway.
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    Haggard obviously has a lot of guilt and should be denounced...

But not sure where Bush is at bad here..
    ============,,,================
    ===========(o o)===============
    =======oOO==(_)==OOo===========
    Treo 755p ;-)
    Tre 700p UPdated..
    Treo650- Sprint custom rom
    Tungsten T3 creative design.
    http://www.WilsonBradley.com
    http://www.myspace.com/wilsonbradley
    AOL screen name; WilsonIsON
    MSN; WilsonIsOn
    Yahoo; Wilson2bw