Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 130
  1. vw2002's Avatar
    Posts
    904 Posts
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
       #1  
    http://www.federalistjournal.com/fedblog/?p=2870

    Comments like Kerry`s above are just incredible, particularly when a candidate is trying to win voters over for his party before an election. This truly hurts the opposition`s chances.

    In all honesty, all the democratic party has to do right now is produce a classy, warm-hearted, sincere presidential candidate with solid economic and foreign policy principles that people can stand behind and warm up to. If they can do that, they would really have a strong chance of winning the next election. But if they stick with candidates who make rude, insulting comments the way Dean and Kerry make, they are only crippling themselves yet again.
    Last edited by vw2002; 10/31/2006 at 03:28 PM.
  2. #2  
    Supposedly, the way the media has portrayed it is not what he meant. They are saying he was referring to Bush and how we ended up in IRAQ because he did not do his homework.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
  3. #3  
    Yeah, John Kerry's statement was pretty stunning, especially given how close we are to the election.

    We seem to have a fallen into a governance pattern. "Replace one set of ego-driven, self-centered, self-aggrandizing, clue-lacking, feather-your-own-nest politicians with the other set. Wait 6 - 8 years. Do a 180. Repeat."

    I'm saying this an "R"-leaning voter. Unfortunately the "D" side then puts forward Exhibit A = John Kerry. Or any of the other sorry humanoids. It is simply impossible to hear "Vote for a change" without weeping a silent tear. If only it were true. From EITHER political party.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by stroths View Post
    Supposedly, the way the media has portrayed it is not what he meant. They are saying he was referring to Bush and how we ended up in IRAQ because he did not do his homework.
    Funny that the media should do selective reporting to make a Dem look bad.

    Funny that Mr. Kerry (he played Smart Dood, remember, in the last election, as against Mr. Bush's Dumb Fella) should put his foot in his mouth. Smart people generally make their points clearly, simply, and unambiguously.

    This is just general bitterness against politicians in general. I'm sure "R" category self-proclaimed Smart Dood types make similar errors.

    I myself have (ahem) mis-spoken a couple of times in my life.
  5. mrjoec's Avatar
    Posts
    369 Posts
    Global Posts
    384 Global Posts
    #5  
    The big problem here is that Kerry is still trying to tell jokes and flubbing the punchline miserably.

    The reason why he isn't president right now boils down to his lack of media sense. He's not a showman, and that would be fine if he would just stop trying so hard to be one.

    If I were Kerry, I'd be pushing the "sure I'm an elitist nerd, but at least I have a grasp of the issues" persona. He'd still never get elected president, but at least he could diffuse the right-wing attack machine a little that way. As far as the Rush Limbaughs of the world are concerned, every time Kerry opens his mouth it's like getting another early Christmas present.

    The R's are desperate for any kind of distraction right now. Dems would do better to just stay out of the spotlight for another week.
    mrjoec
    www.joecieplinski.com
  6. vw2002's Avatar
    Posts
    904 Posts
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
       #6  
    I would truly love to see high quality candidates on both sides for a change, so we could really do justice to the position they are campaigning for.
    Rather than this WWF feel we seem to have devolved into these days, it would be great to have a choice between several highly qualified, articulate individuals who you'd really feel proud to have representing our country. Candidates who spend more time thinking about how to genuinely move the US forward as opposed to simply doing whatever it takes to defeat the "other guy" or make him look bad. Let the people decide who is the best choice based on real merit, not by distorted or misleading propaganda the political parties throw at you.. goes for both sides.
    Last edited by vw2002; 10/31/2006 at 05:58 PM.
  7. wilsonb's Avatar
    Posts
    434 Posts
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    #7  
    I couldn't agree more with all of you above.. Especially about giving the "people", quality leaders and candidates. Think of the image we are giving other country's

    This country is so divided it seems..
    Im even running to the polls.. for "R"- .....

    Esp. when we have Nuclear threats in the equation now...
    I think we need a cowboy to protect us.
  8. vw2002's Avatar
    Posts
    904 Posts
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
       #8  
    I lean to the "R" side of the equation as well, but having superb candidates on both sides would make my tendency to lean republican much more difficult.
    I gotta have more cowbell
  9. #9  
    I also lean to the 'R', but wouldn't be adverse to voting the 'D' side.

    However, I am NOT willing to just vote 'AGAINST'
    RJuhl
  10. #10  
    Well I lean toward the middle since there is no conservative party anymore (fiscally) and the R's are just so blatantly using people of religion and other wedge issues to mask the fact that they are robbing the middle class blind.

    As far as Kerry, he is not my favorite guy but he is the lesser of many evils in Washington. But as a veteran myself I will say that Kerry has more of a right than any of those chickenhawk MF's in the Repub party that haven't served (Cheney, Bush, Rumsfield, Bartlett, Rove, Rice, etc.).

    And lets be honest....if any of you have served you all know that he was right on the money. Our military isn't exactly comprised of intellectual giants by and large (there are many exceptions) and the fact is there are probably a lot more poor and uneducated people serving in Iraq today than rich or educated people.

    But the chickenhawks will cling to this and make it more than it really was. Truth be told though Mr. Kerry was more factually correct than any of those chickenhawk bastards in the Bush admin have been about Iraq or anything else for that matter.

    I typically vote non-party as I am someone that hopes to live to see the day that a third party - a moderate party - becomes viable and we take back our government! For now I must vote Dem across the board since the GOP has clearly abused the power and made a real mess of things.
  11. wilsonb's Avatar
    Posts
    434 Posts
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by hdtv4me View Post
    For now I must vote Dem across the board since the GOP has clearly abused the power and made a real mess of things.
    Even with the Nuclear games starting up again?
    ============,,,================
    ===========(o o)===============
    =======oOO==(_)==OOo===========
    Treo 755p ;-)
    Tre 700p UPdated..
    Treo650- Sprint custom rom
    Tungsten T3 creative design.
    http://www.WilsonBradley.com
    http://www.myspace.com/wilsonbradley
    AOL screen name; WilsonIsON
    MSN; WilsonIsOn
    Yahoo; Wilson2bw
    ========ooooO==Ooooo==========
    =========( )===( )==========
    ==========\ (====) /===========
    ===========\_)==(_/============
  12. #12  
    And what did 6 yrs of Bush do to stop it? Why do you think we'll be better off with R's ruling all branches of the Govt for 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 .. more years?

    The R's have not proven to be more competent than D's in foreign policy or running a war.

    If you are in a hole, stop digging.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
  13. vw2002's Avatar
    Posts
    904 Posts
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
       #13  
    I have no problem with the criticism of the republican administration. there are flaws without question. But wouldn't it be refreshing to see campaigning officials who are capable of pointing out the flaws with class and style, without resorting to namecalling or attempts to insult the current president's intelligence?

    You simply lose respect for politicians who sling comments like kerry did, and how can you vote for someone you don't respect?
    I gotta have more cowbell
  14. #14  
    Well, as far as hole digging is concerned, there are many D's who do nothing (and thereby allow those outside the US dig it deeper for them), and quite a few that dig it deeper by their own actions. I FEEL like there are more R's than D's trying to climb out of the hole (and don't FEEL there are more that 1 or 2 D's trying to get us out of the hole). Caps are for the libs among us.
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by hdtv4me View Post
    And lets be honest....if any of you have served you all know that he was right on the money. Our military isn't exactly comprised of intellectual giants by and large (there are many exceptions) and the fact is there are probably a lot more poor and uneducated people serving in Iraq today than rich or educated people.

    But the chickenhawks will cling to this and make it more than it really was. Truth be told though Mr. Kerry was more factually correct than any of those chickenhawk bastards in the Bush admin have been about Iraq or anything else for that matter.
    I served an enlistment for three years of active dury in an army infantry division, and I can tell you, the men and women in the field in Iraq may be sacrificing at least temporarily getting the academic credentials of those staying behind but they have my respect thats for sure. A hell of a lot more respect than I have for warmongers whose sole contribution to this war consists of putting a yellow ribbon on their suv. Like you say, chickenhawks.

    It seems that there are some people in this country who have no real intention of serving, or having their children serve, but are quite content to have others do it for them, like they have the gardener trim their hedge. Back in WWII, we all tightened our belts and chipped in with sacrifices. In todays war, it is not at all like that.

    Kerry may be a dufus in many ways, especially in trying to articulate clear thoughts, but he bravely served. Regardless of what anyone feels his intentions were, he risked his life for our country, and I respect him for that. People like Bush and Cheney, on the other hand, completely avoided putting their lives on the line for our country, but seem real eager to have others do it for them.

    When you send people to war, it better be a damn good reason. I really hope that this whole war is not just some ill thought out attempt to create a client state in the middle east to sell us cheap non-OPEC oil. Because that is not what we were all led to believe, and the sacrifice that our brave men and women are making at least deserves an honest reason. From WMD to terrorist links, to the Iraq war reducing instead of increasing terrorism, I do not trust what the Bush administration is telling us about its motivation for the war.
  16. #16  
    Gotta love the "liberal" label and the fear it creates. For my own sanity: what is a liberal anyway? Is it the flowers-in-the-hair tree-lovers pro-abortionist anti-religion hate-america and love-the terrorist Democrats? And if the Dems have no postition, how does Karl Rove paradoxically manage to convince voters that ALL Democrats are the above?

    The Dems are guilty of having mixed messages. But at least they allow discourse within their party - whereas we've all seen what happens when a Republican bucks the GOP. There is a lot to dislike about both parties - hence my position as a moderate seeking a viable third party in my lifetime. But what we have today is the most fear-mongering, power-abusing, big-oil-loving, chickenhawk lying sacks of crap we've had in our proud history.

    Look I live in NY and 911 was a horrible thing. But we live in a free country and with open borders. We are supposed to be the greatest democracy in the world. One of our beloved founders once said, "give me liberty or give me death" for crying out loud. Yet people in this country...well some people...are willing to let the President become a dictator (you know that little torture bill that allows the President to overide habeus corpus) and nobody is talking about it. Nobody cares because the liars in office...and nobody with half a brain can dispute that these guys are MAJOR liars...convieniently manipulate us and play fear mongering games before each election. My point is that if we want to be FREE and live in a FREE country than there are risks....so friggin' grow a pair or move to Syria or somewhere so the King and his men can protect you.

    As far as the nuclear issue I agree with a previous poster. The Bushies are on record as not following through on the agreement that was put in place by the Clinton admin with N. Korea. In fact, everything and anything Clinton did they tried to reverse course. Apparently if you get a hummer in the oval office you become unqualified to establish foreign policy.

    There are no easy answers. The Dems are corrupt too for sure. But when I look at who is greasing their palms (teachers, unions, lawyers, etc.) vs. who is greasing the GOP's (big oil, energy, big companies with off-shore bank accounts and foreign labor, Halliburton's, Enron's, etc.) then this is really a matter of lesser evils to me. And once again....across the board....there is really only one lesser of the evils today that is viable and that is the Dems.
    Last edited by hdtv4me; 10/31/2006 at 09:59 PM.
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by cellmatrix View Post
    I served an enlistment for three years of active dury in an army infantry division, and I can tell you, the men and women in the field in Iraq may be sacrificing at least temporarily getting the academic credentials of those staying behind but they have my respect thats for sure. A hell of a lot more respect than I have for warmongers whose sole contribution to this war consists of putting a yellow ribbon on their suv. Like you say, chickenhawks.

    It seems that there are some people in this country who have no real intention of serving, or having their children serve, but are quite content to have others do it for them, like they have the gardener trim their hedge. Back in WWII, we all tightened our belts and chipped in with sacrifices. In todays war, it is not at all like that.

    Kerry may be a dufus in many ways, especially in trying to articulate clear thoughts, but he bravely served. Regardless of what anyone feels his intentions were, he risked his life for our country, and I respect him for that. People like Bush and Cheney, on the other hand, completely avoided putting their lives on the line for our country, but seem real eager to have others do it for them.

    When you send people to war, it better be a damn good reason. I really hope that this whole war is not just some ill thought out attempt to create a client state in the middle east to sell us cheap non-OPEC oil. Because that is not what we were all led to believe, and the sacrifice that our brave men and women are making at least deserves an honest reason. From WMD to terrorist links, to the Iraq war reducing instead of increasing terrorism, I do not trust what the Bush administration is telling us about its motivation for the war.

    Nicely said and I could not agree more.
  18. #18  
    I know I'm selectively picking here, but do you even believe the "Kerry 'bravely served'" part? Why? Was it because he said so?
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by sblanter View Post
    I know I'm selectively picking here, but do you even believe the "Kerry 'bravely served'" part? Why? Was it because he said so?
    Even if only one of his purple hearts were real (and I think they all are) then I cannot even begin to fathom how you could question his service or bravery for putting himself in harms way (to which he was clearly harmed) to serve.
  20. #20  
    Stupid comment, but I interpreted it as referring to G. W. Bush, not the troops.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions