Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio View Post
    When all else fails attack the person who disagrees with your viewpoint. You have no clue as to who I am or what I have done yet you feel the need to make an ASSumption based on your limited knowledge. Have a good life.

"...yet you feel the need to make an ASSumption based on your limited knowledge."

Sort of ironic isn't it? Since that is what you are doing as well with respect to Kerry's comments - you've ASSumed because you worked with a few people in Washington who knew somebody who served with Kerry and did not like him that his misguided and mispoken joke was in fact intended and literal; that he actually hates our troops. Right back at ya' on the life thing....don't you go tripping now when you goose step to the polls next week.
    Global Posts
    384 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    Kennedy was not the democrat of today - totally different. Kennedy also support family values; he also supported gun ownership, the list of differences is very noticeable. Try another person. Kennedy alive today would be a republican and a darn good one at that.

Education wise - today's soldier is a volunteer. His level of education is higher than ever and the economic background is higher. Those statements the democrats are making, especially Kerry's last one, are out right lies.

It is just so great to have people talk the party's talk without paying attention to the facts.

Ben
    Family values? If you mean that the hypocrisy of preaching family values in public while banging every blonde you can get your hands on in private is on par with today's Republican concept of "family values" I'd have to agree. But even Kennedy didn't declare a witch hunt on other public officials for getting blown while ending his own marriage to run off with his mistress ala Newt Gingrich. That takes a special kind of hypocrisy reserved for the particularly self-righteous.

I'd say that Kennedy had a lot more in common with Clinton than any Republican I can think of. Which makes sense, since Kennedy was Clinton's Superman.

And who's talking the party's talk here? I don't see a whole lot of people defending the Dems in this thread. (Defending Kerry's bonehead remark, maybe, but not the Dems in general.) If anything, most of us seem to be advocating change on both sides of the aisle.

The R's have been in control of all three branches of government for six years now, and there's little evidence that much of anything has changed for most of us. (Except, if the president decides on a whim that any one of us is an enemy combatant, he can now have us jailed indefinitely and tortured in any manner he sees fit, without trial or evidence of any kind.)

If you're extremely rich or extremely poor, there's a chance that you noticed something different. But most of us here in the middle are screwed no matter what. So why not stir up the pot a little? Personally, I'd rather see my tax dollar go to a company that at least tries to make the world a better place while getting stinking rich, rather than one that puts the future of humanity in jeopardy in order to stay rich. I don't care if you're a D or an R or something else entirely. Just give me some indication that you have some interest in the greater good, not just re-election, and you can have my vote.
    mrjoec
    www.joecieplinski.com
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    [QUOTE=mrjoec;1117286)

If anything, most of us seem to be advocating change on both sides of the aisle.

If you're extremely rich or extremely poor, there's a chance that you noticed something different. But most of us here in the middle are screwed no matter what. So why not stir up the pot a little? Personally, I'd rather see my tax dollar go to a company that at least tries to make the world a better place while getting stinking rich, rather than one that puts the future of humanity in jeopardy in order to stay rich. I don't care if you're a D or an R or something else entirely. Just give me some indication that you have some interest in the greater good, not just re-election, and you can have my vote.[/QUOTE]

Bam! right on the money!
    Kennedy was not the democrat of today - totally different. Kennedy also support family values; he also supported gun ownership, the list of differences is very noticeable. Try another person. Kennedy alive today would be a republican and a darn good one at that.

Education wise - today's soldier is a volunteer. His level of education is higher than ever and the economic background is higher. Those statements the democrats are making, especially Kerry's last one, are out right lies.

It is just so great to have people talk the party's talk without paying attention to the facts.

Ben
    ha ha ha you should be a comedian Ben. You type that with such a straight face! Also how about adding this one:

"Nixon was not todays Republican, but Nixon today would be a democrat and a damn good one!"

anyway, I hope you are enjoying tooling around Hawaii, still got that motorcycle?

oh yeah, by the way:
    get a life
    Quote Originally Posted by vw2002 View Post
    I understand about bush, cheney and rumsfield, but age and or medical conditions, not a lack of willingness to sacrifice, may sometimes prevent the rest of us civilian " chickenhawks " from serving, cell and hd.
    Sorry, I think I was being a little callous there.
    Quote Originally Posted by hoovs View Post
    Whether they are college graduates or not the issue. One can "do well" without going to college. But, let's say you're right. There are plenty of "true" statements that public personalities can't say. Is it true to say that most farm workers are illegal aliens? It doesn’t matter if it is because public personalities can’t say it. Is it true to say that more men excel at math and science than women? It doesn’t matter because public officials can’t point those things out. Is it true that “niggardly” means miserly and is not a reference to the “n” word? It doesn’t matter because those in public office can’t say it anymore.

It's a sad fact of contemporary life that it was largely the Left that got us into. And I'm not all too sad to see a man of the Left coming under fire because of it.
    Well it does not matter if there were liberals around or not, but if I were giving a talk to a black audience, I would definitely substitute parsimonious in there instead of your word. Its not that I would be trying to be PC, I would be trying not to be blatantly offensive.
    Quote Originally Posted by vw2002 View Post
    Bam! right on the money!
    Agree! Nicely said.
    Yep and to think he said he was not going to apologize. Only when the heat got too hot did he change his story - what a man. The Changing Kerry Story continues. Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by cellmatrix View Post
    Well it does not matter if there were liberals around or not, but if I were giving a talk to a black audience, I would definitely substitute parsimonious in there instead of your word. Its not that I would be trying to be PC, I would be trying not to be blatantly offensive.
    But you would be trying to be PC. Subjectively so, I might add -- unless you also avoid words like "chink" or "whopper" or terms like "spick-and-span". It seems to me that at some point we have to just assume that the adults with whom we're speaking are indeed adults.
    Nah, ran out of the time with the two bikes, so I got another toy. Nixon - I loved the guy at one time, but like Kerry he could not admit when he was wrong until the heat got to him.

Take care!

Ben

ha ha ha you should be a comedian Ben. You type that with such a straight face! Also how about adding this one:

"Nixon was not todays Republican, but Nixon today would be a democrat and a damn good one!"

anyway, I hope you are enjoying tooling around Hawaii, still got that motorcycle?

oh yeah, by the way:
    get a life
    hoovs if you need a learning experience, try going to black clubs when you go out dancing and try using the word niggardly all the time. I guarantee you will get your a$$ kicked at some point. Its common sense, not some type of liberal semantic game.
    hoovs if you need a learning experience, try going to black clubs when you go out dancing and try using the word niggardly all the time. I guarantee you will get your a$$ kicked at some point. Its common sense, not some type of liberal semantic game.
    What, me dance? Considering the number of times I've used the word in my personal and professional life, ever, I don't think I would be using it "all the time" in any given night out on the town. But I guess my point was where do we stop with all of this? It seems like an odd cultural dichotomy: one the one hand, usually in arts and entertainment, we have people constantly pushing the envelope to see how much vulgarity and offense they can get away with and on the other public personalities can hardly open their mouths without offending someone -- and now its over words that simply sound like offensive words.
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    great point, hoovs.
    I gotta have more cowbell
    Yep and to think he said he was not going to apologize. Only when the heat got too hot did he change his story - what a man. The Changing Kerry Story continues. Ben
    Yes, the outrage! He changed his story AGAIN about his botched joke. What a waffler. My god...can you imagine if he were elected President? It would have been a disaster. For instance he could have said there is no need for a 9/11 commission to hide his adminstration's mistakes (and they made plenty as did Clinton...but he made them too) and then be forced by public pressure to allow one. Or he could have changed the reason for a war from "finding WMD's" to "bringing freedom to the Iraqi people" or he could have told congress that the war would only cost $75B and then go and spend $500T, or he could have said we'd be greeted as liberators, or say the insuregency was in its last throws, etc......

Yes, the outrage of that flip-flopper Kerry. You sure got him there Ben. Nice one.
    Yes, yes! Let's get back on topic. Its rather pathetic to see the desperate R's falling all over themselves to hold Kerry's comments up as grossly unpatriotic. All the while ignoring the real issues.

There was a clip on the Daily Show last night showing Bush whipping his audience in such a frenzy over this non-issue that they cheered and clapped for the 9-11 attack. Twisted???
    Visor-->Visor Phone-->Treo 180-->Treo 270-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 755P-->Centro-->Pre+-->Pre 2
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Even his so called apology

" "I sincerely regret that my words were misinterpreted to wrongly imply anything negative about those in uniform, and I personally apologize to any service member, family member, or American who was offended," he added."

implies that it is not his fault that it is the fault of the listener "my word misinterpreted" he is basically saying you do not have the mental capacity to understand at the level I speak. Not I am sorry that I offended anyone, but to anyone who was offended.

The dems dropped him like a hot potato (or should that be a hot waffle). And the dem fanboys are all up in arms about it, poor misunderstood Johnny boy leave him alone he just does not understand. Really sad to see those who love to laugh at how one person (Bush) speaks have their hero ridiculed by their own party.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    Quote Originally Posted by hoovs View Post
    What, me dance? Considering the number of times I've used the word in my personal and professional life, ever, I don't think I would be using it "all the time" in any given night out on the town. But I guess my point was where do we stop with all of this? It seems like an odd cultural dichotomy: one the one hand, usually in arts and entertainment, we have people constantly pushing the envelope to see how much vulgarity and offense they can get away with and on the other public personalities can hardly open their mouths without offending someone -- and now its over words that simply sound like offensive words.
    Hoovs you should not be so down on the media manipulating how we think about words, they are just trying to educate us don't you know! Does the media include talk radio? I think maybe it does. Anyway, today Bush is on the Limbaugh show and they are explaining how to think about John Kerry's words. Tomorrow I believe it will be a lesson on how macaca is actually a compliment in some cultures. Its really fascinating stuff and its nice that they take the time on talk radio to teach us these things!

By the way, I cant dance either
    Continuing with the words - we all bash the other side when the other side misspeaks. Kerry misspoke - yes and many times. Bush misspoke - yes, almost as many times. The thing is - Bus apologizes much faster than Kerry - Kerry though apologizes and it is always somebody else's fault. And let us not forget that Kerry had access to the same info...........

Kerry just wants to be heard, worthless as he is.

Ben
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hdtv4me View Post
    Yes, the outrage! He changed his story AGAIN about his botched joke. What a waffler. My god...can you imagine if he were elected President? It would have been a disaster.
    I agree, it would have been a disaster.
    Well Ben and cardio you may be surprised to hear that I agree that Kerry's apology was lack luster and too late. He fumbled yet again for the Dems and as Imus said on his radio show, he needs to sit down and shut up. And for the record he is not necessarily my hero in anyway - as I said, he was and still is the lesser of evils between Bush and Kerry IMO. But we'll never know.

Bush apologized? Really? Wow...when did that happen? Seems to be common knowledge that he NEVER apologizes or admits he is wrong about anything. Which is exactly the sort of hypocrisy that has me running to the Dems this election. Except that the things that the Bushies and the GOP are hypocritical about has cost much more than some hurt feelings....thousands of lives, $500B in tax payer money, credibility worldwide, debt as far the eye can see....the list can go on far more than this forum's server could probably store.

Who mispoke more times is a trite argument as that is not the substance of why the GOP needs to get their asses kicked out of Washington....besides Bush has already won the race to misspeak any way judging by the number of calendars at the local bookstores with his daily mangling of the english language. "Fool me once...and uh...fool me....uh....duh duh duh".
    Last edited by hdtv4me; 11/02/2006 at 01:56 PM.
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast