• 45-54

23 10.60%
  • 55-64

5 2.30%
  • 65+

1 0.46%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Originally posted by miradu2000
    ...How about some good old Bach? Or Mozart?
    Wonderful! My favorite composer is Beethoven. The passion and anger in his music (esp. the later stuff) are amazing! I find dodecaphonic music (Schoenberg) to be rather enjoyable as well. For the average Joe I'd suggest the Les MisÚrables soundtrack (Hollywood Records) as a beautiful way to relax. That one has to be one of the best ways I've ever spent $15.
    -Joshua
    I've decided to become enigmatic.
    I like the "Immortal Beloved" soundtrack.

(just doing my bit to keep this off subject )
    Bret Snyder<BR>If you don't know where you're going,<BR>You'll probably end up somewhere else.
    I find James Horner's peices to be quite good. (HE wrote soundtracks for "The Perfect Storm" and "Titanic")

THEIR SO EMOTIONAL!

-miradu2000
    my homework is NOT getting done..
    Guns are bad.
    Sorry, but no.

Ok the gun itself is not bad, but Humans dont' have the cabaility to always handlethem responsibly, and mistakes happen.
    This is true of nearly _everything_, e.g. cars, money, alcohol, cigarettes, etc. ad nauseum.

Guns are bad.. See what school taught me!
    I think you need to find a new school if that's all it taught you.

Suburben schools have the shootings, If somebody pulls a gun on somebody else at MY school, another person will just pull another gun out. (just kidding, though I belive that there is a gun in some kids hands every day at this school. scary, ain't it?)
    Personally, I find the propensity of the human race to stereotype and try and shuffle the blame off to inanimate objects more scary.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    Originally posted by Toby

Personally, I find the propensity of the human race to stereotype and try and shuffle the blame off to inanimate objects more scary.

Personally, I find it scary that a society that requires directions on shampoo bottles trusts that the same people can handle inanimate objects with responsibility.

Lather, Rinse, Repeat.
    wow, it's been awhile.....things have REALLY changed...why is my Visor Edge still in my hand? Will a Treo fit better?
    Originally posted by Hoser_in_USA
    Personally, I find it scary that a society that requires directions on shampoo bottles trusts that the same people can handle inanimate objects with responsibility.
    So, you're advocating that all inanimate objects be outlawed? FWIW, shampoo bottles don't disturb me nearly as much as some other things, e.g. Preparation-H "Do not take this orally.", Curling Iron "Do not use while sleeping.", Blow Dryer "Do not use this product while in shower." "Here's yer sign" - Bill Engvall

http://www.wbr.com/nashville/billengvall/dld/behys7.wav

http://www.wbr.com/nashville/billeng...ld/behys10.wav
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    ... and KICK Dubya out of office
    It sure is great to see that there are young people with sense out there! Way to go - keep seeing the big picture, miradu!!
    Eschew obfuscation!
    Originally posted by linguas
    It sure is great to see that there are young people with sense out there! Way to go - keep seeing the big picture, miradu!!
    heh...actually to prove that, he'd have to suggest who should be the replacement (hint: Not Algore or Nadir).
    Originally posted by Toby

So, you're advocating that all inanimate objects be outlawed?

we're obviously not going to ever agree on the subject matter, Toby (clearly shown by how long this arguement has been going on in this country and the fact that I come from a different country might also make this a harder arguement to settle )

However, it's 'all-encompassing' arguements like that which always brings this debate to a stalemate. If either side would just realize that the pendulum can be found somewhere in the middle, an agreement might come to pass. I find it astonishing how both sides of this arguement are consistantly protesting to have it "all my way or no way!".

If some compromise would come into play than maybe things might get done that'll make this country half decent for every citizen.

And don't argue that giving alittle is just the beginning to all out defeat. it's fear like and illogical arguements like that which prevent furtherment of the human race.

With that said, you'll probably post a response of what you think, however, this will be my last post on this topic as I stated above, not my country and a guy going by the name Hoser and another by the name of Toby will not solve it on a discussion board about Visors. I just hope that people that can make a difference realize some things.

Have a nice day!
    wow, it's been awhile.....things have REALLY changed...why is my Visor Edge still in my hand? Will a Treo fit better?
    Only 78 out of what 6000 plus. People lets get cracking and answer the poll. It should be a real eye opener to see what the user base really is.

T
    expert = ex - a washed-uped has been, Spurt - a small drop that has a lot of pressure behind it.
  11.    #51  
    Originally posted by Airmech
    Only 78 out of what 6000 plus. People lets get cracking and answer the poll. It should be a real eye opener to see what the user base really is.

T
    All your user base are belong to us.

aaarrrgghhh... sorry, it just slipped out.
    --
    ThirdMan
    Originally posted by Hoser_in_USA
    we're obviously not going to ever agree on the subject matter, Toby (clearly shown by how long this arguement has been going on in this country and the fact that I come from a different country might also make this a harder arguement to settle )

However, it's 'all-encompassing' arguements like that which always brings this debate to a stalemate.
    Well, I was simply addressing the point that you were making that because some people are too stupid to be able to handle shampoo properly, it necessarily means that there's something wrong with the population at large. It seems to me that there should be something done about those people (mandatory registration of shampoo bottles, maybe?).

If either side would just realize that the pendulum can be found somewhere in the middle, an agreement might come to pass. I find it astonishing how both sides of this arguement are consistantly protesting to have it "all my way or no way!".
    Well, I'm not particularly on either extreme.

If some compromise would come into play than maybe things might get done that'll make this country half decent for every citizen.
    "First thing we do, kill all the lawyers."

And don't argue that giving alittle is just the beginning to all out defeat. it's fear like and illogical arguements like that which prevent furtherment of the human race.
    Well, I wasn't going to argue any such fearful or illogical thing. Those two traits seem more typical of the anti-gun arguments which I hear (and seem to be recurring again at the moment).

With that said, you'll probably post a response of what you think,
    Heaven forfend!

however, this will be my last post on this topic as I stated above, not my country and a guy going by the name Hoser and another by the name of Toby will not solve it on a discussion board about Visors. I just hope that people that can make a difference realize some things.
    Quite honestly, I'd like to see a lot less emotion and more logic brought to the table as well, but the problem with pure logic is that it's just a framework. Unless the premises are agreed upon, pure logic can come up with drastically different conclusions.

Have a nice day!
    You too.
    Let's get back to the original topic. Age, y'know? I bet that I'm the youngest person on this discussion board. Actually, I bet that I'm the youngest person that actually visits VisorCentral. Guess how old I am!
    nice avatar
    -Joshua
    I've decided to become enigmatic.
    Originally posted by icevisor[mastEr]
    Let's get back to the original topic. Age, y'know? I bet that I'm the youngest person on this discussion board. Actually, I bet that I'm the youngest person that actually visits VisorCentral. Guess how old I am!
    Youngest subjectively...or youngest by birthdate?
    <CENTER>
    <strong>
    <span style="color: blue;">Where's the "Make Coffee" button again?</span>
    </strong>
    Youngest subjectively...or youngest by birthdate?
    By birthdate!
    terminal velocity: Faster than the speed of life!
    Okay. I'm eleven years old. Eleven!
  19.    #59  
    Originally posted by icevisor[mastEr]
    Okay. I'm eleven years old. Eleven!
    Yikes! I have things in my fridge that are older than you!
    --
    ThirdMan
    LOL!

Wow! You ARE young! GOOD to know we havethe future within us..

How about.. JESSE VENTURA FOR PRESIDENT!(umm no! he's a pretty bad governer.. I don't know what he'd do for the country!)

real = umm. that's hard.. I vote MarkEagle!

Nice avator! (hint.. www.linux.com |SHOOT! my secret's given away!) THOUGH keep that one.. It's cute..

mini-me? I don't know.. hmmm...

I'm having fun - on a caffine/sugar high- and havea had 1/5th the amount of sleep I need in the last week! FUN!

-miraud2000
    HISTORY DAY SUCKS!
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast