1.    #1  
    I am looking at a Toshiba Gigabeat and was wondering if the apple itunes software will work with it? the reason i ask is because i like the itunes interface which i have been using for a while with my ipod, but i want to move on to a toshiba unit but i do not want to lose all of my music. thanks for your help.
    Naveen

Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
    With Windows specific players you usually have to use either the software that came with the player, WMP 10 or 11, or if there's an option, drag and drop. iTunes=iPod only. Also AAC tunes are usually not accepted on Windows specific players. Burn those to a CD, then convert to MP3s if possible.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    With Windows specific players you usually have to use either the software that came with the player, WMP 10 or 11, or if there's an option, drag and drop. iTunes=iPod only. Also AAC tunes are usually not accepted on Windows specific players. Burn those to a CD, then convert to MP3s if possible.
    so if i keep on buying songs from itunes i will need to keep on buring to a disc to the computer or can i drop the itunes music to a specific location for the mp3 player can pick it up some where else?
    Naveen

Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    iTunes agent (google it) will allow iTunes to sync and transfer tunes to any USB mass storage device. If your MP3 player appears as USB flash drive in "My Computer", it should work.

As for AACs, the ones from the iTunes music store will ONLY work in iTunes and on an iPod. You have tro strip-out the DRM by burning it to CD, the re-importing as MP3. The bit-rate on ITMS purchases is not that good, so its probably better in the long run to buy the CDs directly.
    Is that a new feature in 7?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    No answer to the above question yet.

Well, try it out yourself and see if it works. I did notice that 7 gives you the option to manually manage your iPod. But that's all I use iTunes for, to load my iPod. I never tried it for Windows devices since they seem to use WMP 10 or 11 for management.

One more thing, UNprotected AAC will be accepted on the Zune, which is really a Gigabeat.