Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Have only spent a few hours with it today and am still testing it. Couldn't figure out where the navigation buttons were and thought I had to enable them. Then I realized that they were moved and compressed to free up more window space for tabs and browser content. The File menu is also off by default and the Favorites pushed off to the left to further space savings. At that point I my frustration turned to delight as the interface works much better.

I know some of you will talk about the new Firefox but there is alread a post about it so please don't. I tried the last Firefox and although I really like the Tabs and multiple windows, I just got tired of having to load so many plugins or being told I had to upgrade one of those Firefox plugins from time to time. And then having to research which ones and versions I needed when things didn't work right. And then having to use IE when the Active X didn't work on FireFox. I said forget it and went back to IE 6.0 Now that 7.0 has tabbing and generally only requires two plugins: Flash and Shockwave, I should be very happy browsing with it.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    I installed it last week and immediately disliked it - I am a Mozilla/Sea Monkey fan. Ben
    Been using IE7 for several months now, it's quiet GOOD! Don't believe anybody who says FireFox is better...

Its RSS feed download/ viewer was the best till Google revamped their own Reader. And the tabbed browser functionality is much better than FireFox's (or Opera's).
    For the very best experience I must push Maxthon, an IE shell (that can also at will use the Gecko rendering engine) that does everything IE7 and Firefox is still supposed to do. It has been saving tabs for many years now, it can save groups of tabs, it usesx mouse gestures very well (recently with mouse trails so you can see what you are drawing), it still uses big navigation buttons (I hate the new IE7 setup), its free, It uses 'super drag and drop' where you highlight a phrase and give it a drag, which will automatically launch a search using the highlighted words, it has had the privacy clean up for a long time etc etc. I really don't know what the firefox people are on about. When I try their browser its like going back in time compared to Maxthon.

Surur
    I used IE7 in beta through the first two revisions. Never bothered with the last bet revisions because many were experiencing problems updating to the last one.
    I liked it, especially the multiple tabs. A few draw backs in the beta were the favicons were messed up and my favorites would sometimes dissappear. Don't know if it's been fixed in the final release.

I am back to IE6 not by choice. My laptop crashed last week and when I started over I never bothered to go back to IE7.

I think I'll wait until I read reviews about the favorites issues.

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    I'm a Firefox person but I did install IE7 so I had the additional security over IE6 for the rare occasion I need IE. The one feature I like is the ability to see small windows of all the tab you have open.

However, while typing this message in Firefox 2.0 I noticed it highlighted a word I misspelled - so cool! I seriously doubt I'll be looking any further into IE7.
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Have also been using it for couple months Like it alot. Was using ie6 then went firefox and now back to IE7
    i just made the switch from Firefox back to IE w/v7. Firefox's memory leaks were bothering me and slowing down my system. I loved the tabbed windows, so that is also a nice feature in IE7. I did like RSS feeds better in FF, but I got used to it in a few days on IE7. Overall, I feel IE7 is faster than FF was and once I got past 3-4 days of use, all seems well.

BTW - The best spelling system is IE with ieSpell, IMO - you just right click in the box. I did not see anything in FF that was as convenient.
  9.    #9  
    IE 7.0 is still confusing me somewhat. Anyone know about the following issues:

1) I can't seem to consistently get the Tabs to save. When I exit IE and launch it again, they seem to be gone.

2) Is there anyway to make split windows like in FireFox?
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    I tried the Ie7 beta a while back... un-installed it and never looked back.

Firefox 2.0 is everything I could ask for and secure.
    Woah, Firefox 2.0 is pretty good. Btw, I installed IE7 but the tabbed browsing didn't work for me
    I urge you guys to live with Opera for a week -- its FAR away the most usuable and customizable browser -- on all levels.

FireFox2 is good -- improved from an already good base.

But ie7 ??? I downloaded it onto one of my PCs last week. I've hated it.

Its the least customizable of any of the major browsers. Perversely, its much less customizable than even ie6.
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Global Posts
    265 Global Posts
    i like the ie7 but i still use firefox as my main browser. i like the cleartype on ie7 which a friend showed me a simple installation to use on my whole computer.
    morris stalk
    I tried installing IE 7 but could not. After checking Microsoft's site I found out that I had to delete IE 7 Beta 2 first. When I tried that, the uninstall failed.

I went back to the MS site for more help and it turns out I needed to create a special registry entry to get the #@:! uninstall to work!

I never installed the released version after I finally got the beta removed. Too much work when I use FireFox anyways.

One other problem cropped up during this whole process. Some how Windows Genuine software tester got screwed up and now says that my copy of Windows in no longer genuine! I'm still working with MS to resolve that annoyance.
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by morrie View Post
    i like the ie7 but i still use firefox as my main browser. i like the cleartype on ie7 which a friend showed me a simple installation to use on my whole computer.
    Morrie,

Could you elaborate on the cleartype feature? Sounds interesting..
    Thanks
    ============,,,================
    ===========(o o)===============
    =======oOO==(_)==OOo===========
    Treo 755p ;-)
    Tre 700p UPdated..
    Treo650- Sprint custom rom
    Tungsten T3 creative design.
    http://www.WilsonBradley.com
    http://www.myspace.com/wilsonbradley
    AOL screen name; WilsonIsON
    MSN; WilsonIsOn
    Yahoo; Wilson2bw
    ========ooooO==Ooooo==========
    =========( )===( )==========
    ==========\ (====) /===========
    ===========\_)==(_/============
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE View Post
    I urge you guys to live with Opera for a week -- its FAR away the most usuable and customizable browser -- on all levels.
    I agree. In fact, many of the features you see in FF or IE were first introduced in Opera. It's just that FF and IE (especially) have a much bigger market share, so few people realize that Opera has made any innovations at all or that it even exists. I use Opera at home and when I'm mobile. I tried the new IE, but I am underwhelm. Perhaps I was expecting too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE View Post
    I urge you guys to live with Opera for a week --
    OTOH, I urge you all to give the same consideration to IE7 (or FF2.0)...

(We all need some time to get adjusted to the peculiarities)
    Ok I caved and put it on. (see my post above about my beta experience).
    The one feature it disables, that is important to me, is the left to right (top of touch pad) feature that lets you go forward and back while on the web.
    Have fully explored the favorite issue I had before.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast