Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789
    Despite my party registration I generally vote against incumbents. Too much skill and experience at politics is a bad thing. It does not move the country forward when a person's skill is politics instead of close contact with the real world.

I half-joke that no one should be allowed to be in Congress until they have been responsible for making payroll for employees without the checks bouncing. Sen. McGovern found out the hard way after leaving the Senate. You may have your own litmus test for being in touch with reality.
    Last edited by Tastypeppers; 10/07/2006 at 07:31 PM. Reason: bing --> being
    Quote Originally Posted by Tastypeppers View Post
    Despite my party registration I generally vote against incumbents.......................
    One should always vote against incumbents. Voting for them only makes them arrogant. The longer they stay in office, the more arrogant they become and the more difficult they are to remove. The Democrats were in office for forty years and were nigh impossible to remove. The Republicans have been in office for only a dozen and are already planning on fifty. Are you ready?

For both it begins with what they can do for the country; in the end, it is only about the power.
    Last edited by whmurray; 10/07/2006 at 07:32 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray View Post
    For both it begins with what they can do for the country; in the end, it is only about the power.
    The sad reality.
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post
    Fla. Republican Congressman Resigns Over Explicit Messages to Male Pages

I am beginning to truly feel sorry for the level of self-oppression and denial in regards to sexual identity in the members of this political party.
    Noted. However, the ambivalence of the party is not so sympathetic. They hire gays as staff and court their votes. However, when useful, as in Ohio in 2004, they resort to gay baiting to attract the hate/fear vote.
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789