1.    #1  
    Basically, I'm looking for an Email program for my PC that will do what Chatter does for my Treo. I want my email program to support IMAP IDLE and "push" the folders as well as my inbox.

Neither Outlook nor Thunderbird will do it (without me asking it to check every ___ minutes).

Thanks.
    Outlook 2003 does this providing you are not in offline mode.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Thunderbird will do it, it does it with my IMAP accounts. Everything comes in instantly and is in sync, just like chatter.
  4.    #4  
    Do Thunderbird & Outlook's IMAP work with folders as well? I'm trying both right now. I filter my email through the server end and neither one of them will notify me if there's new email on a certain folder. Only the inbox new mail shows instantly. If there's a setting I need to do, let me know.

Thanks.
    I use Snapper Mail. You can set it to go out and check every 5 min, 10 min, 30 min, 1 hour etc.
    Thank You,
    Chris Luce
    mr_cluce@yahoo.com
    Even Outlook Express supports IMAP.

I don't get what the issue is?

Edited to add, incoming mail goes to an inbox folder but once you move it to a folder all IMAP clients should synch.
  7.    #7  
    I'm aware of that. I filter my incoming mail to the folders through the server end, not through my email client. Outlook (or express) will not notify me of new emails in my folders.

It's not that complicated really, as my email works perfectly fine on Chatter.

Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post
    Even Outlook Express supports IMAP.

I don't get what the issue is?

Edited to add, incoming mail goes to an inbox folder but once you move it to a folder all IMAP clients should synch.
    Mozilla, TBird and Seamonkey and bunches of others do this. I use Seamonkey and it handles IMAP really well. Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by mommy8 View Post
    I'm aware of that. I filter my incoming mail to the folders through the server end, not through my email client. Outlook (or express) will not notify me of new emails in my folders.

It's not that complicated really, as my email works perfectly fine on Chatter.
    So if I'm understanding you correctly, your mailserver filters the inbox to various folders yet your clients do not reflect these changes????

What on your server is performing this filtering? How do you set this up?