Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    You buy a Saturn if you care more about buying the car than DRIVING it.

I had one for a rental, and I could not stand it. (My current AutoCar is an Intrigue.) It was bland to the point of disgust, it drove like a tin-can (made of plastic, ha ha) , had a cruddy stereo, and poor space efficiency.

Here are my reccomendations for those buying a new car.

1) Get price off the internet. Being young myself, I'm a victim of dealer size-ups. You will 99.99% of the time ALWAYS get a lower price off the internet than you EVER will in a dealership. (Saturns excluded.) It made my buying experience painless.

2) Car reccomendations: (because everything else in the class is garbage. trust me.)

Small: Ford Focus, Mazda Protege. (The Sentra is O.K.)
    Not-Quite-Middle, VW Jetta , Oldsmobile Alero.
    Middle: Ford Taurus, Oldsmobile Intrigue (if you think it's for old people, you've obviously never been in one!), VW Passat

I really wouldn't look too much for Japanese/Korean cars. Their reliability (from my experience) has been poor. Considering my parent's Honda Civic & Camry fell to pieces. All of the cars I have listed above are very nice, from my experience (direct or indirect) with them. I'd add the PT Cruiser up there, except Chrysler is hard pressed to put together long-lasting vehicles. Once they do that & turbocharge it, it'd be on the top.
    <b><font size=1 color=teal>"Sorry about the whole thing about losing your life savings, but that Palmpilot is property of Enron, so please give it back"
    I've never met a Camry owner who didn't like the car, its recieved top ratings from so many organizations, and its like the second best selling car, isn't it? To compare a Camry to a Taurus, and call hte Camry a POS is unheard of! I don't know much of the Civics but from some friends who own them, I know their cheap dependable cars. Yours parents have issues if they got 2 perfectly fine cars "fall to pieces".
    Matt Nichols
    VigoSpraxPalm@Yahoo.com
    Actually, my parents had TWO Honda Civics. (the first one lasted a little longer than the second.) One of my friends got one as his first car & had troubles too. Some relatives of mine own also owned a Camry (that's how my parents ended up buying one.) After a year, a new transmission had to be put in THEIRS, and all sorts of stuff went wrong. (radio died, etc.) It finally got hauled off to the junkyard when it spun out of control on the exit ramp on a rainy day, and got destroyed. That's another thing: they DON'T hold up well in crashes.

And I think the Camry is the best selling car. Although WHY, I am not sure. Considering some of the building is done at a General Motors facility. (You should see how mad people get when you tell them that their Corolla is nothing but a Chevy prism, built BY Chevy!)
    <b><font size=1 color=teal>"Sorry about the whole thing about losing your life savings, but that Palmpilot is property of Enron, so please give it back"
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12