Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    What an awesome connection. I am so impressed that we have a representative "over there." Please keep us posted. Blessings to you and all your comrades!! If we can send you anything tell us HOW and WHAT. I for one would not want you to be without whatever it is you need.
  2.    #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE View Post
    its good to hear from you.

What parts of Iraq have gotten to see ??

(strange -- I had just come here because of thinking about you as I was reading something in today's paper.)
    So far just Baghdad and the surrounding area. A few helo flights over the city as well. I'm scheduled for trips to Mosul, Ramadi and other parts.

Today's weather was remarkably temperate. The rain will come soon, and the suck factor will go up.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911sforever View Post
    So far just Baghdad and the surrounding area. A few helo flights over the city as well. I'm scheduled for trips to Mosul, Ramadi and other parts.

Today's weather was remarkably temperate. The rain will come soon, and the suck factor will go up.
    are you going to have much direct contact with the iraqi police and army -- and how much have you traveled on the ground ??
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
  4.    #44  
    A few trips into the city and surroundings in HMMWV. A few over the town in Blackhawk.

No contact with IA/IP. Unlikely that I will have direct interaction with them, given my job. CEXC
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    1911, what kind of progress do you see us making over there? Do you think the iraqis are genuinely trying to step up their efforts alongside of you to restore order and control from their end?
    I gotta have more cowbell
    VW....after listening to the Pres press conference this morning (or at least the last half of it).....I came here too to ask a few questions as well from the perspective over there:
    • What is the general opinion of the debate of the Dem's wanting to set a date and pull out totally of Iraq or "redeploy" ASAP to neighboring areas vs making sure Iraq is secure before deploying.
    • I know the previous question is a loaded question and may stem from the question of whether the general feel over there is are we winning, even though we are having a very hard time, or are we losing or at a stalemate.
    • The Pres said that 7 out of the 10 forces (not sure of the right word) over there are now run by the Iraqis. How are they doing really in this role? Are we really doing more in those units than the Iraqis or are they truely taking the lead? If they are taking the lead, is this one of factors in the increased challenges and violence lately?
    Last edited by HobbesIsReal; 10/25/2006 at 02:02 PM.
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal View Post
    VW....after listening to the Pres press conference this morning (or at least the last half of it).....I came here too to ask a few questions as well from the perspective over there:
    • What is the general opinion of the debate of the Dem's wanting to set a date and pull out totally of Iraq or "redeploy" ASAP to neighboring areas vs making sure Iraq is secure before deploying.
    • I know the previous question is a loaded question and may stem from the question of whether the general feel over there is are we winning, even though we are having a very hard time, or are we losing or at a stalemate.
    • The Pres said that 7 out of the 10 forces (not sure of the right word) over there are now run by the Iraqis. How are they doing really in this role? Are we really doing more in those units than the Iraqis or are they truely taking the lead? If they are taking the lead, is this one of factors in the increased challenges and violence lately?

President Bush stated we are winning the war, and I was wondering if that was the general concensus within the military itself, or if 1911 shared that opinion given the experiences he has had so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal View Post
    Shouldn't this be the 1911 in Iraq thread, and not another general Iraq thread?
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
    Global Posts
    392 Global Posts
    1911 stay safe and keep the sand out of your treo....our thoughts and prayers are with all of you.
    Quote Originally Posted by clulup View Post
    Shouldn't this be the 1911 in Iraq thread, and not another general Iraq thread?
    I am not looking for any debate on any issue in any way shapr or form. We all see the side of the story from the media. I was only interested in the general feel of the some of the major questions that being asked right now from someone in Iraq right now (as all of my family members that were there are now home).....with no regard if I agree with the answers & outlooks or not.
  11.    #51  
    The main chow hall at Camp Victory went pretty silent tonight. Fox News ran a story on...CNN's decision to broadcast the Jihadi sniper propaganda and the beyootch slapping that Mrs. Cheney gave Wolf Blitzed.

It would be best if members of the Crescent News Network not make their presence known for the next few weeks.
    Stay safe 1911.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911sforever View Post
    The main chow hall at Camp Victory went pretty silent tonight. Fox News ran a story on...CNN's decision to broadcast the Jihadi sniper propaganda and the beyootch slapping that Mrs. Cheney gave Wolf Blitzed.

It would be best if members of the Crescent News Network not make their presence known for the next few weeks.
    Please tell us more about Iraq (and less about faux news.)

Blitzer -- well before the interview -- briefed Lynne Cheney that they'd be discussing politics and current events in the news -- as well as her new children's "book". (Neither Blitzer or any hard news journalist would have booked her just to talk about her "book".)

And because there's been much talk comparing lesbian sex scenes she'd written in her novel "sisters" to racy stuff authored by Virginia senate candidate Jim Webb, she obviously expected questions on that topic to arise.

(BTW -- Blitzer's relationship with Lyn Cheney was more than just as a reporter -- they knew each other fairly well from when she once worked at CNN as a host of that defunct show Crossfire.)

She ambushed HIM -- Blitzer clearly did not expect her pre-prepared pose of phoney outrage.
    Last edited by BARYE; 10/30/2006 at 01:44 AM.
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
  14.    #54  
    By telling you about how the troops reacted to CNN's treason I am telling you more about Iraq.

Why does her outrage have to be "phoney"? Why can't an American citizen be outraged at the broadcast of blatantly jihadist propaganda? You link to Think Progress...shall I link to The Prowler, which reports that CNN sent the Islamic Army of Iraq a love you email in order to get that tape? Don't believe it? Let's not forget which news organization fessed up to putting a positive spin to Saddam's regime in order to maintain access. They sold themselves out then, why wouldn't they do it now?

The Crescent News Network. May they rot in hell.
    How are the elections being perceived in the US troops/civilian community there?

Is there any overt politicking? Any closet Democrats in Iraq?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
  16.    #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad View Post
    How are the elections being perceived in the US troops/civilian community there?

Is there any overt politicking? Any closet Democrats in Iraq?
    There is at least one now out of the closet Democrat. I read an interrogation report yesterday of an Iraqi that expressed a lot of interest in US politics, and visited Ted Kennedy and John Kerry's websites. He also had bomb making material in his house.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE View Post
    Please tell us more about Iraq (and less about faux news.)
    I think 1911 has a right to talk about anything he wants in this thread.
    Please just get home okay!!!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123