Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 58
  1. #21  
    How can you support them and post a crap message like this?...http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&postcount=164

    Would love to hear 1911's opinion of the garbage in this post after coming back.

    Quote Originally Posted by NRG View Post
    Great to hear from you! I am sure I speak for all, when I say, your "on the ground" input is invaluable. Let us know what Mosul is like. Let all the young men and women out there in it, that we here @ TC support them.
  2. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man View Post
    How can you support them and post a crap message like this?...http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&postcount=164

    Would love to hear 1911's opinion of the garbage in this post after coming back.
    ATM, obvisouly you are not able to seperate troops from the war/policy. This is not the thread for it, post your trash n the other thread please.
  3. #23  
    All the best to 1911forever ! Stay safe, but kick terrorist a$$!
    "Everybody Palm!"

    Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!
  4. TomUps's Avatar
    Posts
    22 Posts
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    #24  
    Good luck and stay safe, and thank you for serving.
  5. #25  
    1911forever......You are doing what you believe in. You are doing it in the spirit to be honored. A wise man (my Dad) once shared with me his motto in Nam...

    "Keep your spirits high, keep your judgment level, and keep your head low!"

    I personally look forward to your perspectives for the next 100 days!!!!
  6. g.711's Avatar
    Posts
    550 Posts
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG View Post
    ATM, obvisouly you are not able to seperate troops from the war/policy. This is not the thread for it, post your trash n the other thread please.
    I think everyone "Supports the Troops" the trouble is that things are said in the the debates for the cause/justification for this event and those statements tend to support and empower the enemy. If they were to ever read our obscure forum.
    It must frustrate the troops to hear politicians and celebrities clamor about the war. 1911forever will be able to provide a clear impression of what is truely going on over there. We should all put our views aside as we don't know since we aren't there.
    I am most interested in the views of 1911 as to our success in this troubled country. I hope he remains safe and his memory is short on the things he will see.
  7. PSB22's Avatar
    Posts
    192 Posts
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    #27  
    Does that mean Iraq has EVDO coverage?

    Sorry to joke, but some humor is needed here. Kudos to you for taking this in your stride and being willing to shjare your experiences with a bunch of strangers, not knowing how they might react.

    As for the reasons behind the war, that's for another time (don't even get me started on US foreign policy, which has been FUBAR for far longer than any of us have been on the planet).
  8.    #28  
    Report from the "front" #2---

    1. KBR freakin' ROCKS! The chow here is awesome and the quarters are great. They may have overcharged, but not in my book.

    2. The bad news is that the guys in the real forward operating bases (FOBs) are lucky to get 1/10th of that largesse. Those infantry guys always get the short end.

    3. SVBIEDs, or Suicide Vehicle Borne Improvised Explosive Devices, are the BIG killer right now in Baghdad. Several detonated some distance away yesterday. There has been the odd mortar attack on what is referred to as the "Victory Base Complex", but they are ineffective. VBC is about the size of Rhode Island, so they really have to get lucky to hit someone.

    4. I'm still getting snapped in. I take control of this job in a couple of days, and then start my forays outside the wire.
  9. TomUps's Avatar
    Posts
    22 Posts
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by PSB22 View Post
    As for the reasons behind the war, that's for another time (don't even get me started on US foreign policy, which has been FUBAR for far longer than any of us have been on the planet).
    In your first sentence you say its for another time. In your next, you give your opinion on US foreign policy. I agree with your first part....it doesnt really belong here.
  10. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by TomUps View Post
    In your first sentence you say its for another time. In your next, you give your opinion on US foreign policy. I agree with your first part....it doesnt really belong here.
    Agreed, this is not the thread for it.

    Wow, how bout that. 'One Post Tom' and I agree!
  11. TomUps's Avatar
    Posts
    22 Posts
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG View Post
    Agreed, this is not the thread for it.

    Wow, how bout that. 'One Post Tom' and I agree!

    Not true, NRG, I believe we agreed on something a few months ago. Dont remember what though.
  12. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by PSB22 View Post
    Does that mean Iraq has EVDO coverage?

    Sorry to joke, but some humor is needed here. Kudos to you for taking this in your stride and being willing to shjare your experiences with a bunch of strangers, not knowing how they might react.

    As for the reasons behind the war, that's for another time (don't even get me started on US foreign policy, which has been FUBAR for far longer than any of us have been on the planet).
    Welcome to Off-Topic. This is more of thread for discussing a long time political nemesis' trip to the ME. Although, you could post about this war in the other numerous threads which others or myself have started concerning this war. I and others would be glad to discuss the merits of this war in another thread. One more to party is always good, so I do sincerly hope you join us.

    Thanks
  13. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by TomUps View Post
    Not true, NRG, I believe we agreed on something a few months ago. Dont remember what though.
    LOL
  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by g.711 View Post
    I think everyone "Supports the Troops" the trouble is that things are said in the the debates for the cause/justification for this event and those statements tend to support and empower the enemy. If they were to ever read our obscure forum.
    I think that the debates are discussed much more in the MSM, that I doubt that anyone gives a hoot about this obscure forum. And puhleaze - empower the enemy with our debates? If democratic debate and the ability to challenge your government is shut down, then the enemy has won. Obilterating the enemy does not serve any purpose if they've already destroyed your fundamental principles.

    It must frustrate the troops to hear politicians and celebrities clamor about the war. 1911forever will be able to provide a clear impression of what is truely going on over there. We should all put our views aside as we don't know since we aren't there.
    I am most interested in the views of 1911 as to our success in this troubled country. I hope he remains safe and his memory is short on the things he will see.
    Two of my friends in the Marines completed two tours of duty and my brother in law (a Ranger) is currently on his second tour of duty. Their impressions, after two years in the field, is that we shouldn't have been there in the first place. But they focused on doing their job the best they could - achieving their objectives, looking out for the people in their unit and coming home in one piece. It is hard enough fighting a subversive enemy, but even harder when many of the soldiers are wondering if this was right thing to do in the first place. And this has nothing to do with public opinion back home, but based on their own observations on the field.
    Palm m505 -> Treo600 (GSM ATT) -> Treo650 (Cingular) -> BB8700g -> BB Pearl
    "The point of living and of being an optimist, is to be foolish enough to believe the best is yet to come."
  15. #35  
    1911forever -- just noticed this thread. (I'm not here much anymore...)

    You know you have my respect for putting your body on the line for your beliefs. I look forward to learning from your observations what you see,learn, and experience.

    Keep your humanity, and stay safe and sane.

    And return in good health.

    BARYE
    Last edited by BARYE; 10/05/2006 at 07:32 AM.
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
  16. #36  
    I hope no news isn't bad news...
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
  17. #37  
    Also been thinking about ya.
  18. vw2002's Avatar
    Posts
    904 Posts
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    #38  
    how are you doing, 1911?
  19.    #39  
    Report from the Front #3

    The generals have screwed up this war. These guys are still waiting for the Russian
    3rd Guards Shock Army to come pouring through the Fulda Gap. The strategy of coming here was sound...I'm less than impressed with the execution. Why we insist on using the number of "road patrols" as a metric for success I'll never know. What we are doing now is providing conveniently packaged targets for the odd IED bomber. Let's get the guys out of those vehicles and have them patrol the palm forests and slow the pace of this thing down. The jihadis will see this as weakness, and mass. Then we schwhack them at our leisure.

    The troops are magnificent. Every time I see a unit of Strykers of uparmored HUMVEEs headed out it makes my heart swell with pride.

    My job goes well. I am considering extending my tour.
    Last edited by 1911sforever; 10/22/2006 at 06:19 AM.
  20. #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911sforever View Post
    Report from the Front #3

    The generals have screwed up this war. These guys are still waiting for the Russian
    3rd Guards Shock Army to come pouring through the Fulda Gap. The strategy of coming here was sound...I'm less than impressed with the execution. Why we insist on using the number of "road patrols" as a metric for success I'll never know. What we are doing now is providing conveniently packaged targets for the odd IED bomber. Let's get the guys out of those vehicles and have them patrol the palm forests and slow the pace of this thing down. The jihadis will see this as weakness, and mass. Then we schwhack them at our leisure.

    The troops are magnificent. Every time I see a unit of Strykers of uparmored HUMVEEs headed out it makes my heart swell with pride.

    My job goes well. I am considering extending my tour.
    its good to hear from you.

    What parts of Iraq have gotten to see ??

    (strange -- I had just come here because of thinking about you as I was reading something in today's paper.)
    Last edited by BARYE; 10/22/2006 at 08:06 AM.
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions