1.    #1  
    Hello,

I bought laptop at a garage sale for 35 bucks. Its great but it has a touch pad and I cant stop from accidentally hitting it which acts as a mouse click and messes up whatever Im working on.

Is there anyway to change this? i cant find a setting for it.

Sony PCG-Z505S

Windows 98 with the XP upgrade.
    Is it windows cause you should be able to go to the control panel-->mouse-->touch pad (tab) and uncheck "Tapping".
  3.    #3  
    Thanks Thomas. There isnt a touchpad tab.
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    just means you need to install the touchpad drivers from the manufacturer. most likely it's a synaptics touchpad which has drivers easy to find and install. then you can turn off the tap to click.
    "Never Put off until tomorrow
    what you can do the day after tomorrow"
    --Mark Twain

PalmIII => Sony Clie' => Dell Axim X30 => Treo 650 and loving it
    Good point. The seller prolly formatted the thing and didn't include the original driver cd.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by truoc444 View Post
    just means you need to install the touchpad drivers from the manufacturer. most likely it's a synaptics touchpad which has drivers easy to find and install. then you can turn off the tap to click.
    Thanks a ton, I'l check that out.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by truoc444 View Post
    Thanks. I DL the driver and unchecked tapping. Works perfect
    It's a little late now obviously, but you could have also gone into the device manager and disabled the hardware altogether...

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenCode View Post
    It's a little late now obviously, but you could have also gone into the device manager and disabled the hardware altogether...
    I think the issue was tapping counting as a click but he still needed to use the touch pad as pointer. Would that not have killed it altogether?
    Also, for those that are not used to touchpads, one needs to allow some time in order to get used to them. They are not so easy to use right off and can cause data loss and drive one nuts at the beginning.