1.    #1  
    I just got my laptop back from my daughter who had installed norvell on it. I tried to remove it to recycle bin and the entire system went a little nuts (unstable)did not want to start up.

How can I safely remove novell from the system. It takes up a lot of room and I think slows down the whole system.

Thanks.
    David-Anselm
    Originally posted by dlbooher
    I just got my laptop back from my daughter who had installed norvell on it. I tried to remove it to recycle bin and the entire system went a little nuts (unstable)did not want to start up.

How can I safely remove novell from the system. It takes up a lot of room and I think slows down the whole system.

Thanks.
    Did you try the uninstall programs from the control panel?
    -Joshua
    I've decided to become enigmatic.
  3.    #3  
    Norvell did not show up on the uninstall program. When I removed it by delete to the recycle bin the printer no longer worked and the system did become unstalbe.
    David-Anselm
    Is it Norvell or Novell (not to be a smart arse here but it could make a difference....)

If it's Novell, is it that Groupwise was installed? Or was it another Novell product?

I ask this because there's Groupwise, there's the Novell client drivers for Windows (which can be known by at least 2 names that I know of), a Novell-branded version of McAfee's VirusScan, even Netware-- although I highly doubt Netware is on your laptop.

If you can't tell/don't know, there's one way we can narrow things down. Is there a Novell folder? If there is, what are the name(s) of the EXE files in that folder?