Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Rumsfeld: Bush foes lack courage on terror

Spewing the same war on a tactic rhetoric yet failing to understand the region and fomenting acts like this:

Kurdish Rebels Claim Turkey Resort Blast.

It's to the point of being truly just sad.
    Last edited by daThomas; 08/29/2006 at 02:22 PM. Reason: Sp.
    The more I consider what the US is doing, and the more I study the events leading up to WW2, the better I feel about the policy of the US.

The world has a lot of bad people, trying to do bad things. The US needs to be proactive against terrorism around the globe and against tyrants trying to get nukes.

I say good job Rumsfeld.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
  3.    #3  
    Sure does make one 'feel' better:

Quote Originally Posted by heberman View Post
    The US needs to be proactive against terrorism around the globe and against tyrants trying to get nukes.

I say good job Rumsfeld.
    Korea and Iran are going full bore ahead with their nukes why? - because they realize we are up to our necks in Iraq, that's why. And whose fault is that? According to Rumsfeld, not him, its those liberal dictator coddlers.

If you want to know who was the biggest dictator coddler of them all, just look at the picture of Rumsfeld shaking Sadaam's hand back in the 80s, that says a lot about how this guy talks out of both sides of his mouth.
    Quote Originally Posted by cellmatrix View Post
    Korea and Iran are going full bore ahead with their nukes why? - because they realize we are up to our necks in Iraq, that's why. And whose fault is that? According to Rumsfeld, not him, its those liberal dictator coddlers.

If you want to know who was the biggest dictator coddler of them all, just look at the picture of Rumsfeld shaking Sadaam's hand back in the 80s, that says a lot about how this guy talks out of both sides of his mouth.
    You must not have seen the pictures of Maddy Notbright dancing with Kim.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911sforever View Post
    You must not have seen the pictures of Maddy Notbright dancing with Kim.
    We talked to Mao, we talked to Breshnev, Kruschev, trying to see if any agreements could be made, and with those same goals, Albright talked to Kim. Talking is not appeasement, it is the smart thing to try.

Rumsfeld did far more than talk with Sadaam, from recently declassified documents, it looks like he was working out a deal to supply WMDs to Sadaam in the 1980s.

http://www.sundayherald.com/42648

Supplying weapons is the most coddling thing you can do to dictators. That is why Rumsfeld seems so hypocritical to me in this recent article.
    Riiiiight. And the nuclear technology exchange that moron brokered had nothing to do with NK's arsenal.
    Riiiiight. And the nuclear technology exchange that moron brokered had nothing to do with NK's arsenal.
    Thank you for further making my point about Rumsfeld's hypocrisy.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/korea/arti...952289,00.html
    The war in Iraq has nothing to do with the war on terrorism. That was the war in Afganistan against the Taliban and bin Laden. The Iraq mess has taken valuable, needed resources from the war on terrorism and has created more terrorists than it has killed. Bush finally said last week that the war in Iraq has nothing to do with the events of 9/11.
    We are bogged down in an impending civil war with leaders whose only plan is to "stay the course", the same course that got us into this mess in the first place. I don't pretend to know what we should do at this point, but something has to change if we are to salvage the reputation and security of the United States.
  10.    #10  
    We talked to Mao, we talked to Breshnev, Kruschev, trying to see if any agreements could be made, and with those same goals, Albright talked to Kim. Talking is not appeasement, it is the smart thing to try.

Rumsfeld did far more than talk with Sadaam, from recently declassified documents, it looks like he was working out a deal to supply WMDs to Sadaam in the 1980s.

http://www.sundayherald.com/42648

Supplying weapons is the most coddling thing you can do to dictators. That is why Rumsfeld seems so hypocritical to me in this recent article.
    Yea, it all depends on if it's your dictator or not it seems. When Saddam was our dictator Rummy and the other neo-cons loved him. It's when Iraq started getting cozy with the EU and Russia that that the neo-cons started writing their anti-Iraq stuff.

Speaking of which, reminds me of where Iran got their nuclear technology to begin with.
    How contrived! I could see you now...
    3:15 pm East Coast Time Found Kool Aid Photo
    3:18 pm East Coast Time Found Rumsfield article on Google news
    3:21 pm East Coast Time Post new thread on TCOT
    3:51 pm East Coast Time heberman unexpectantly falls in your trap
    4:11 pm East Coast Time dat posts his contrived picture and giggles like a 3rd grader.

Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post
    Sure does make one 'feel' better:

I don't think this is true. Iran is proceeding with their program but they're by no means going "full bore". They're defiant, sure, but I think they're proceding cautiously, at a rate they believe to be just shy of what will completely outrage the UN. Now, given what it takes to outrage the UN, Iran admittedly has a lot of leeway.

NK is a different story altogether. I think they're proceeding full bore but it has nothing to do with which administration is in the White House. It has more to do with a little man with a very big attitude.

EDIT: Another thing I wanted to mention: Lybia. Why didn't Lybia get the same message Iran and NK did? If the US is too bogged down in Iraq to be a deterrent to anyone, then why did they choose to abandon their programs?
    Last edited by hoovs; 08/29/2006 at 06:45 PM.
    Thank you for further making my point about Rumsfeld's hypocrisy.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/korea/arti...952289,00.html
    LOL! Sort of like Hillary sitting on the board of Wal-Mart.
    LOL! Sort of like Hillary sitting on the board of Wal-Mart.
    This is an interesting story too, Hillary and Wal-Mart, and it does smack of hypocrisy, I must say. The liberal media is down on her as much as the conservatives on this one. I think embarrasing hypocrisy coming back to bite a politician is a good thing.
    http://www.villagevoice.com/news/002...y,15052,5.html

But North Korea is not running Wal-Mart brand nuclear reactors to make bombs are they? No the reactors are from the company Rumsfeld directed. And Sadaam gassed his own people, with the chemical weapons that Rumsfeld helped him get, not Wal-MArt. Rumsfeld's hypocrisy is dangerous not only to himself but to all the rest of us. That is the difference here.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man View Post
    How contrived! I could see you now...
    4:11 pm East Coast Time dat posts his contrived picture and giggles like a 3rd grader.
    You got one right.
    Uh, which admininistration APPROVED the reactor sale?

You're going to have to do a LOT better than citing the leftwinghateamericawhacko press re: Rummy "supplying" WMD to Iraq. A lot better.
    Uh, which admininistration APPROVED the reactor sale?

You're going to have to do a LOT better than citing the leftwinghateamericawhacko press re: Rummy "supplying" WMD to Iraq. A lot better.
    Do you think Rumsfeld had nothing to do with Sadaam getting WMDs in the 80s? Is that your position? If that is the case, it really flies in the face of lot of declassified documents from the National Security Archive, hardly a left wing organization.

http://www.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/NSAEBB/NSAEBB82/

To be fair, it is not just Rumsfeld, but the policy of the Reagan administration at the time to help Sadaam through his international credit (so he can buy the weapons) as well as turning a blind eye, or actually shaking his hand, after he uses them on his own people.
    Last edited by cellmatrix; 08/30/2006 at 12:56 PM. Reason: added additional information and link
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post
    You got one right.
    I think we all know I got ALL of it correct. Your title mentions Kool Aid in it. So you had the picture set aside for the first neocon remark. After 3 or so years, isn't the phrase 'kool aid' getting a little stale? You're like Jeff Foxworthy, you both need new material.
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man View Post
    I think we all know I got ALL of it correct. Your title mentions Kool Aid in it. So you had the picture set aside for the first neocon remark. After 3 or so years, isn't the phrase 'kool aid' getting a little stale? You're like Jeff Foxworthy, you both need new material.
    Well, the truth is I did not have an image set aside. Took several pages on a google images search to find that. But, I think we all know that you think you know all.
    But North Korea is not running Wal-Mart brand nuclear reactors to make bombs are they? No the reactors are from the company Rumsfeld directed.
    No they're not. The nuclear reactors weren't completed.
    Last edited by samkim; 08/31/2006 at 01:57 AM.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast