1.    #1  
    The Treo scene was one of the best in the movie.
    got a clip?
  3.    #3  
    nope!
    I like this thread.
    I do too.
  6.    #6  
    Best footage on the Palm Treo yet...

P.S.
    I think it was a 650.
    VERY Rough Quote:

Character 1: We need to send pictures of the snakes to the reptile doc so he knows what antivenom to have ready when we land.

Character 2: We'd need a computer and a digital camera to do that

Character 1: [Holding up treo] This can do both!
    Former: Visor, Prism, VisorPhone, Treo 270,Treo 650, Centro Now: Pre
    Great movie, end to end action.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    I just wish that my phone would email while in a plane 400 miles off the coast over the ocean!
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal View Post
    I just wish that my phone would email while in a plane 400 miles off the coast over the ocean!
    ...dare you to test it....

Heh. No I don't.

I need to see this movie, don't I? I wonder if I could write it off as a tax expense since I'm technically in the Treo Journalism Business now...
    Quote Originally Posted by septimus View Post
    I need to see this movie, don't I? I wonder if I could write it off as a tax expense since I'm technically in the Treo Journalism Business now...
    Anything is legal....at least until you get caught!

...............That use to drive my dad (who is a now a retired cop) wild when I would say that as a teenager!
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal View Post
    Anything is legal....at least until you get caught!
    When I saw this line, Hobbes was staring right at it with his conspiratorial grin. LOVE IT.
    I see so many treos now that I am no longer surprised.
    My favorite part was when the dog was used as a sacrificial lamb!
  14.    #14  

Heh. No I don't.

Well, it's a bit iffy, but it sounds reasonable to write it off to me.
    I just saw this show yesterday. Good action movie! Much more than simply snakes on a plane. There was actually a plot and story to go with all the snake bites! I'd recommend this show to anyone who likes action.

Yes, I can confirm that the Treo was prominently displayed on a couple distinct occasions during the movie. I couldn't make out which Treo model, but it was obviously a Treo. I'm sure someone will figure out which Treo model it was when the movie comes out on video!

Of course, having a critical eye, I found it hard to believe the picture quality could have come out the way it was displayed. The plane was pretty dark with low light at the time the girl was supposedly taking pictures of the snakes with her Treo. Under these less than ideal picture taking conditions, the picture quality should have come out underexposed, grainy/noisy, and even blurry. Instead, the picture quality came out relatively well, as evidenced by the prints the snake expert printed out upon downloading the images.

During another earlier scene, the girl whipped out her Treo to take a picture of her little dog, and then in a split second (impossible) displayed the picture on the Treo to the passenger sitting next to her. The picture on the Treo screen looked well lit...TOO well lit! Too perfect! I knew this to be technically impossible the moment I saw this, given the Treo's many limitations of its built-in camera. Okay, okay...I know this is Hollywood! Gotta have some leeway here!

Also, as a side note, there are MANY existing cell phones with built-in cameras that could have done the same thing as the Treo. As a matter of fact, there are other models that are far superior to the Treo for taking pictures, because other models have built-in flashes and higher resolution. Plus, many of these have some type of function to send the picture over the internet. So certainly, the Treo was not the best (or only) device that could have taken pictures of the snakes. But of course, being that we're all Treo nuts here, I'm glad it was a Treo used in the movie instead of a stupid flip phone!

Also, as the previous poster pointed out, it would probably be hard or impossible to have internet connection over the ocean halfway between Hawaii and Los Angeles.
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey Cheung View Post
    I just saw this show yesterday. Good action movie! Much more than simply snakes on a plane. There was actually a plot and story to go with all the snake bites! I'd recommend this show to anyone who likes action.

Yes, I can confirm that the Treo was prominently displayed on a couple distinct occasions during the movie. I couldn't make out which Treo model, but it was obviously a Treo. I'm sure someone will figure out which Treo model it was when the movie comes out on video!

Of course, having a critical eye, I found it hard to believe the picture quality could have come out the way it was displayed. The plane was pretty dark with low light at the time the girl was supposedly taking pictures of the snakes with her Treo. Under these less than ideal picture taking conditions, the picture quality should have come out underexposed, grainy/noisy, and even blurry. Instead, the picture quality came out relatively well, as evidenced by the prints the snake expert printed out upon downloading the images.

During another earlier scene, the girl whipped out her Treo to take a picture of her little dog, and then in a split second (impossible) displayed the picture on the Treo to the passenger sitting next to her. The picture on the Treo screen looked well lit...TOO well lit! Too perfect! I knew this to be technically impossible the moment I saw this, given the Treo's many limitations of its built-in camera. Okay, okay...I know this is Hollywood! Gotta have some leeway here!

Also, as a side note, there are MANY existing cell phones with built-in cameras that could have done the same thing as the Treo. As a matter of fact, there are other models that are far superior to the Treo for taking pictures, because other models have built-in flashes and higher resolution. Plus, many of these have some type of function to send the picture over the internet. So certainly, the Treo was not the best (or only) device that could have taken pictures of the snakes. But of course, being that we're all Treo nuts here, I'm glad it was a Treo used in the movie instead of a stupid flip phone!

Also, as the previous poster pointed out, it would probably be hard or impossible to have internet connection over the ocean halfway between Hawaii and Los Angeles.

Reality be damned. I'm sure there's a plane technician board somewhere that's talking about how much more damage could have been done if snakes were really on a plane.

It is a good day for Palm when Treo and not one of the many other smartphones is featured in this movie. Bravo. As for the Treo model, I'm almost certain it was a Sprint 650.
    Last edited by skfny; 09/01/2006 at 02:38 PM.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Uhmm....ya...I never would try to defy federal law / regulations in such a way....ya that's right.....aaaaaa...that's my story and I'm sticking to it!