Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I have been a Half Life fan since it first came out in the 90s and have followed the series all the way through HL2: Episode One.

Soon, HL2: Episode 2 will be coming out......along with the end of the eternity of delays for Team Fortress 2!!!!!

• Portal Gun Training Video:

Here is a review of HL2: Episode 2:

Half-Life 2: Episode Two -
    The Return of Team Fortress 2 and Other Surprises

Valve founder Gabe Newell dropped a number of bombshells regarding Half-Life 2: Episode Two at EA's summer press event. Newell revealed that the vaunted PC first-person shooter franchise is going to arrive on the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 and that the PC and console versions will ship with not only a new single-player game called Portals, but also with Team Fortress 2, the ambitious multiplayer game that Valve tried to develop in the late '90s but that quietly disappeared later on.

----------------------------

Well, Team Fortress 2 is back and will be included with Episode Two, and it looks like nothing else on the market. Newell explained that Valve wanted to make this action game distinct, so the graphics (which use the Source engine) look like a Pixar-animated movie. To reinforce this, the various character classes in the game look like cartoon caricatures. These include the Medic with the huge needle or the Demoman with the sticks of explosives. Other classes include the Heavy, the Spy, the Scout, the Engineer, the Sniper, the Soldier, and the Pyro. Newell says that the goal with Team Fortress 2 is to create "the best-looking and best-playing class-based multiplayer game." Team Fortress 2 is certainly unique in appearance, so we'll see how it plays.

FULL STORY: http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/h...ml?sid=6154006
    Last edited by HobbesIsReal; 08/29/2006 at 04:02 PM.
  2.    #2  
    Here is a 60 second teaser trailer for HL2: Episode 2:

7 other vids: http://media.pc.ign.com/media/812/812574/vids_1.html

Here are some screen shots:

Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    looks interesting. I'm an age of empires fan myself, but I like the look of those screenshots.
    I gotta have more cowbell
    I played the first HL ages ago, it was good.
    But I'm more of a console gamer.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by vw2002 View Post
    looks interesting. I'm an age of empires fan myself, but I like the look of those screenshots.
    I went thru a AoE stage. I have it on my PPC-6600.....and I also have Corp Warfare on my Handheld, which I am addicted to, that is the same style of gaming but different scenario.

As far as this next HL2 release, it is that portal gun that looks like a total kick to play. Did you see the training video of that one?
    Wow, that looks to good to be true. I, too, am a big fan of HL2. HAvnt played any of the early versions though.
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
  7.    #7  
    You can buy like all the previous versions for around $20 bucks, which especially if you haven't played them yet is well worth it. Out the previous versions, the two I liked the best are the original first one and Opposing Force where you play the same events of the first Half Life, but as a soldier.

Blue Shift is where you play all the original events as Barney, the security guard.....it was okay but very predictable and bosses always acted to a very easy to spot pattern.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by redbelt View Post
    I played the first HL ages ago, it was good.
    But I'm more of a console gamer.
    That's the cool thing about it too......it is being released for all major consoles at the same time it is being released for the PC.
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal View Post
    That's the cool thing about it too......it is being released for all major consoles at the same time it is being released for the PC.
    then, the cool thing about it if it was released on next gen consoles (Wii & PS3 & ecch-box 360) and have them with online playability across platforms.
    Meaning, me in Bahrain with my Wii playing against you on a PC.

That would rock.

This brings to mind: any one know Fatal1ty?
    I saw a piece about him on 60 minutes 2 days back. That guy is a "Proffessional Videogame player", he makes a LIVING out of it, much like a pro golfer does!
    Goes into tournaments, wins, there you go: earnings!
    I didn't know that something like that is happening now! I knew it could be done, but not HAPPENING!
    His total earnings since turning "pro" is around $300K!!
    The guy even hiered a marketing manager and is releasing a line of accessories for PC gamers!
    go to www.fatal1ty.com, you can read the pieces on him by CBS & Newsweek.

Damn, why am I an HR & Finance Manager I don't know!
    Global Posts
    710 Global Posts
    Wow.

This looks wicked sick.

But, I'm kinda mad.

I've been off games for 5 months. I uninstalled every game, unsubscribed to RSS feeds, and cancelled gaming mag subscriptions...

This will pull me back in, I know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dim-Ize View Post
    I've been off games for 5 months. I uninstalled every game, unsubscribed to RSS feeds, and cancelled gaming mag subscriptions...
    You planning to die soon?
    I'm a hard core Battlefield 2 player, but I wouldn't mine trying out HL2: Episode 2. Looks pretty sweet.
  13.    #13  
    Here are some vids of actual game play:

http://www.3dgamers.com/games/halflife2ep2/downloads/
    I think I'm the only person who fell asleep and was bored overall during HL2. I kinda felt the same way with the first game...the plot and interaction was miles below epics such as Deus Ex and System Shock 2 and I guess those are the standards I hold all games up to. Not to say it was a bad game, just nothing that novel or interesting for me. The portal gun looks amazingly fun though, I cracked up at the infininitely falling sentry!
  15.    #15  
    It looks like it will be released in Q1:

The fifth of five new gameplay movies from Half-Life 2: Episode Two is now available. This week's release of movies concludes with a look at the expansive outdoor environments, new creatures, and weapons included in Episode Two. Targeted for release in Q1 2007 on the PC, Xbox 360 and Playstation 3, Half-Life 2: Episode Two will also include Team Fortress 2 and Portal.

SOURCE: http://storefront.steampowered.com/v...php?area=news&
  16.    #16  
    Typical Valve.....it now looks like instead of Q1 of this year, it will be released in October.

But TF2 does look like a lot of fun!

http://pc.ign.com/articles/791/791434p1.html

Plus, I cannot wait to get my hands on that portal gun.
  17.    #17  
    Okay....Episode Two is only 1 1/2 years late. Team Fortress Two is only 8 years late. But now it appears that they will finally be coming on October 9th!!!

............That's tomorrow!!!!!

Let's see if all the reports are going to be true or not! If so my B-Day is next week, so guess what I am asking for! Go ahead, I will give you 3 guesses
  18.    #18  
    Okay, it is delayed again....by only one day!

They have a countdown clock for it on the front page here:

http://www.gamestop.com/
  19.    #19  
    Here is a pretty funny video for Team Fortress 2 (warning there is language). This also shows the details of the game as well in the style of The Incredibles, the movie:

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=646931
  20.    #20  
    I have played the Portal game all the way thru.....man that was one the of the most original and fun games I have ever played. Since this game is more of a concept game, it was fairly short. You can easily finish it within 2-3 hours (if you can think multidimensionally at least). It has SOOOO much potential for some truly original game play. This would be the coolest mayham in a multiplayer scenario. I cannot wait for mods to start working on some addon maps and for an official Portal 2 to come out.

Here are some good videos of actual game play to give you an idea of what Portal is like:

The ending has to be one of the best endings in video game history, IMHO. The song at the end just killed me. I don't want to say too much, but if you have played it and made it to the finish you know what I am talking about.

I found a link that has the lyrics and the MP3 (exported directly from the game files) of this song.

!!!!!!!! SPOILER ALERT !!!!!!!!

Please be aware that clicking on these links will ruin the ending for you:

Song Lyrics & MP3 download

Last edited by HobbesIsReal; 10/30/2007 at 06:20 AM.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast