Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE
    their pattern has been VERY consistent

every election cycle they discover some SCARY plot

suddenly we're all thankful for their "skillful" vigilance.

For 3 months voters will forget the catastrophes they've brought us
    Well then, wouldnt this fictional plot have been better fabricated before the Lieberman election?
  2. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TomUps
    I dont think so...NRG, would you like to explain.
    http://homepage.mac.com/duffyb/nobus...heater327.html Excuse me for my cyncism, but.........
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    http://homepage.mac.com/duffyb/nobus...heater327.html Excuse me for my cyncism, but.........
    kvcobra, does this answer your question. So predictable.
    Well then, wouldnt this fictional plot have been better fabricated before the Lieberman election?
    just because junior french kisses him, you think they'd stage this for Lieberman ??

I don't know -- seems far fetched to me.

maybe they care more about preserving GOP control of the government come November. Ya, maybe that's what they care about ...
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    just because junior french kisses him, you think they'd stage this for Lieberman ??

I don't know -- seems far fetched to me.

maybe they care more about preserving GOP control of the government come November. Ya, maybe that's what they care about ...
    Ha, this is getting funny.
    BTW -- for those (like me) that don't like QT, NRG's link is also available here:

http://www.crooksandliars.com/posts/2005/10/12/
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
  7. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    kvcobra, does this answer your question. So predictable.
    Look, it seems to be real, but convenient. I am just sick of them leaking this damn info. They should have all their facts before releasing info. The news is having a field day.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Look, it seems to be real, but convienent. I am just sick of them leaking this damn info. They should have all their facts before releasing info.The news is having a field day.
    Leaking the info?....its called NEWS. 20 people were arrested in the UK by anti-terrorist agents that were trying to kill hundreds of people. How do you keep that quiet?
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    <attempts to jam lid back on can of worms>
    <backs away slowly>
    ... Als sie mich holten, gab es keinen mehr, der protestieren konnte.
    ... Then they came for me, and there was no one left to speak out.
    -- Rev. Martin Niemöller

Clie T615C + Nokia 6360 (SunCom) --> Treo 650 (Sprint) --> Treo 755p (Sprint) + BlackBerry 7130e (VZW)
    Palm (aka Plantronics) Ultralight Wireless headset
    Helix Holster
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kvcobra
    <attempts to jam lid back on can of worms>
    <backs away slowly>
    Here's my problem with this. Hearing the story on the radio, an "ABC News Consultant" stated verbatim the talking points, "We are at war" and "They want to kill us all". Seemed very odd.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    Here's my problem with this. Hearing the story on the radio, an "ABC News Consultant" stated verbatim the talking points, "We are at war" and "They want to kill us all". Seemed very odd.
    But kind of true. Cant we all just step back from the bickering and accusations and accept the fact that there are terrorist organizations that want to kill as many of us as possible. Whether you are a democrat or a republican, they want you dead. Today, one of these plots was stopped.
    So what are you trying to say? That you don't think there was a plot? That the British are contriving this to help the Bush administration?
    Look, it seems to be real, but convenient. I am just sick of them leaking this damn info. They should have all their facts before releasing info. The news is having a field day.
    I see. But, if they waited until they had "all their facts" and then an incident happened in the meantime, who would be at fault?

EDIT: to clarify, if people could have been saved by knowing the threat, who would have been at fault for their deaths?

And the Brits are in collusion? Because Blair is such a Republican lover?

Is there a slight possibility that our major election times are a prime target time for the terrorists? It is historically shown the terrorists do do this, just look at what they did a week before Spain's election!!!!
    What????? Leaks about tracking terrorists?????? Who would of thunk? Sounds like it should it should have been a NY Times exclusive!!!!

But as stated, this is not just an increased chatter rumor being played up for political gain. They used intel to monitor terrorist activities (England does use phone monitoring BTW as reported 2-3 months ago when the discovered several AQ members in their country planning unwise measures for public safety). They discovered details of an actual plot. They arrested over 20 terrorists ready to spring their plot. And you classify this as a leak? This seems to me personally to be well in the realm of News, and news we should be happy it ended the way it did instead of the way it was intended.
    Last edited by HobbesIsReal; 08/10/2006 at 10:52 AM.
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    Media nonsense is making my head hurt. I just walked by a TV tuned to CNN. Literally within a 5-second span, I heard the following phrases:

1) "Al-Qaeda Corporate" - meaning Bin Laden & Co., as opposed to localized cells. Journalists, please just stop trying to coin phrases like this. We beg you.

2) "I realize it's early in the game, but do we know anything about why these attacks were planned?" Game? What game??? Poor word choice aside, this question disproves the cliche that there is no such thing as a stupid question.
    ... Als sie mich holten, gab es keinen mehr, der protestieren konnte.
    ... Then they came for me, and there was no one left to speak out.
    -- Rev. Martin Niemöller

Clie T615C + Nokia 6360 (SunCom) --> Treo 650 (Sprint) --> Treo 755p (Sprint) + BlackBerry 7130e (VZW)
    Palm (aka Plantronics) Ultralight Wireless headset
    Helix Holster
    But kind of true. Cant we all just step back from the bickering and accusations and accept the fact that there are terrorist organizations that want to kill as many of us as possible. Whether you are a democrat or a republican, they want you dead. Today, one of these plots was stopped.

But that's no different than 1995. There's always the threat of someone doing things like this. Whether it's an Islamic whack job or a Christian one. It's called policing to head it off. Using terms like "war" only serves to dramatize and attempt to justify certain power grabs.

By making this big broo-ha-ha, and suspending liquids on planes, it's shaking the boogie-man and I guarantee it is in reaction to the Conn primary.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    But that's no different than 1995. There's always the threat of someone doing things like this. Whether it's an Islamic whack job or a Christian one. It's called policing to head it off. Using terms like "war" only serves to dramatize and attempt to justify certain power grabs.

By making this big broo-ha-ha, and suspending liquids on planes, it's shaking the boogie-man and I guarantee it is in reaction to the Conn primary.
    Because a newsman used the word "war", you can now guarantee a connection to the Conn. primary?
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast