Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 142
  1. #121  
    Voting for the war (is not equal to) bungling of the war.

    The vote did not ORDER bush to go to war. It allowed him to do so, at his judgement. It certainly did not order him to bungle it.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
  2. TomUps's Avatar
    Posts
    22 Posts
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    #122  
    Quote Originally Posted by theBlaze74
    hmm, that's interesting, completely ignoring the election going on right now, and looking forward to 2008

    It's ok, I can understand why.
    Im not sure I understand you at all. I am not a republican or a democrat, and I really dont care who won the conn. election. So I ask again, what is your point?
  3. TomUps's Avatar
    Posts
    22 Posts
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    #123  
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    Voting for the war (is not equal to) bungling of the war.

    The vote did not ORDER bush to go to war. It allowed him to do so, at his judgement. It certainly did not order him to bungle it.
    Huh? What did Lieberman vote for that other Dems. didnt?
  4. #124  
    Quote Originally Posted by TomUps
    Im not sure I understand you at all. I am not a republican or a democrat, and I really dont care who won the conn. election. So I ask again, what is your point?
    I'll bet you do. It's clear to everyone else.
  5. TomUps's Avatar
    Posts
    22 Posts
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    #125  
    I just watched a recording of part of Lamonts victory speech on cable....was that Al Sharpton right behind him?......arghhh. The more it changes, the more it stays the same. When will we get some great leaders that fall somewhere between the right wing fanatics, and the liberal left nuts?
  6. #126  
    Quote Originally Posted by TomUps
    Just wondering then, who the democrats are going to have run for president in '08? Its going to be hard to find any viable congress person that didnt vote for the war.
    FEINGOLD!
  7. #127  
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    Voting for the war (is not equal to) bungling of the war.

    The vote did not ORDER bush to go to war. It allowed him to do so, at his judgement. It certainly did not order him to bungle it.
    This is the position of most congressional Democrats.

    We told him it was ok attack, but we didn't say it was ok to F it up.

    It's tenuous, but it will probably work in most cases.

    There is no doubt who will be held accountable here, and I think we all know it.
  8. TomUps's Avatar
    Posts
    22 Posts
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    #128  
    Quote Originally Posted by theBlaze74
    I'll bet you do. It's clear to everyone else.
    poor little blaze. You think you have me all figured out because I disagree with you on these boards. Tell me more. Im sure in your mind you can tell us all who I have voted for in presdential and local elections (NY). Give it a try. If not, please try to keep the attacks to a minimum.
  9. #129  
    Quote Originally Posted by TomUps
    Huh? What did Lieberman vote for that other Dems. didnt?

    Start with Clinton/Lewinsky and Schiavo. That alone is enough.
  10. #130  
    Quote Originally Posted by TomUps
    poor little blaze. You think you have me all figured out because I disagree with you on these boards. Tell me more. Im sure in your mind you can tell us all who I have voted for in presdential and local elections (NY). Give it a try. If not, please try to keep the attacks to a minimum.
    Oops, this post indicates that you got my point, just as i suggested in post 124.
  11. #131  
    Quote Originally Posted by TomUps
    I just watched a recording of part of Lamonts victory speech on cable....was that Al Sharpton right behind him?......arghhh. The more it changes, the more it stays the same. When will we get some great leaders that fall somewhere between the right wing fanatics, and the liberal left nuts?
    You can rest assured that Lamont's platform is VERY MUCH moderate Democrat.

    Edited to add, he went over many points that he intends to address like healthcare and working with our allies yet you judge his politics by who is standing behind him?
  12. TomUps's Avatar
    Posts
    22 Posts
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    #132  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    Start with Clinton/Lewinsky and Schiavo. That alone is enough.
    I thought this what about the war? So Lieberman was voted out because of the intern sex fiasco?
  13. TomUps's Avatar
    Posts
    22 Posts
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    #133  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    You can rest assured that Lamont's platform is VERY MUCH moderate Democrat.
    Not with good old Al Sharpton right behind him. Why dont you google Al, and check out some of his great comments and deeds. Lamont should not be seen in public with a guy like this.
  14. #134  
    Quote Originally Posted by TomUps
    I thought this what about the war? So Lieberman was voted out because of the intern sex fiasco?
    Yes among other things, AND the war.
  15. TomUps's Avatar
    Posts
    22 Posts
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    #135  
    Quote Originally Posted by theBlaze74
    Oops, this post indicates that you got my point, just as i suggested in post 124.
    I now have absolutely no idea what your talking about, so maybe we can just move on. Or, if you want you can keep attacking.
  16. #136  
    Quote Originally Posted by TomUps
    Not with good old Al Sharpton right behind him. Why dont you google Al, and check out some of his great comments and deeds. Lamont should not be seen in public with a guy like this.
    See the edit I wrote apparently after you posted this.
  17. #137  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    Yes among other things, AND the war.
    He won't be the last.
  18. #138  
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    Voting for the war (is not equal to) bungling of the war.

    The vote did not ORDER bush to go to war. It allowed him to do so, at his judgement. It certainly did not order him to bungle it.


    And Lieberman did not merely vote to authorize the president to conduct this war, he supported this President's actions at every turn.
  19. TomUps's Avatar
    Posts
    22 Posts
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    #139  
    Edited to add, he went over many points that he intends to address like healthcare and working with our allies yet you judge his politics by who is standing behind him?
    I think its very telling when during his first speech as the Democratic nominee he has such a vile hate monger standing right behind him. Jesse Jackson was there too. Besides Jesse's one blantant anti-semetic remark about ny, I have no problem with him.
  20. #140  
    Quote Originally Posted by TomUps
    I think its very telling when during his first speech as the Democratic nominee he has such a vile hate monger standing right behind him. Jesse Jackson was there too. Besides Jesse's one blantant anti-semetic remark about ny, I have no problem with him.
    wow
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Posting Permissions