Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    Voting for the war (is not equal to) bungling of the war.

The vote did not ORDER bush to go to war. It allowed him to do so, at his judgement. It certainly did not order him to bungle it.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theBlaze74
    hmm, that's interesting, completely ignoring the election going on right now, and looking forward to 2008

It's ok, I can understand why.
    Im not sure I understand you at all. I am not a republican or a democrat, and I really dont care who won the conn. election. So I ask again, what is your point?
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad

The vote did not ORDER bush to go to war. It allowed him to do so, at his judgement. It certainly did not order him to bungle it.
    Huh? What did Lieberman vote for that other Dems. didnt?
    Quote Originally Posted by TomUps
    Im not sure I understand you at all. I am not a republican or a democrat, and I really dont care who won the conn. election. So I ask again, what is your point?
    I'll bet you do. It's clear to everyone else.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    I just watched a recording of part of Lamonts victory speech on cable....was that Al Sharpton right behind him?......arghhh. The more it changes, the more it stays the same. When will we get some great leaders that fall somewhere between the right wing fanatics, and the liberal left nuts?
    Just wondering then, who the democrats are going to have run for president in '08? Its going to be hard to find any viable congress person that didnt vote for the war.
    FEINGOLD!

This is the position of most congressional Democrats.

We told him it was ok attack, but we didn't say it was ok to F it up.

It's tenuous, but it will probably work in most cases.

There is no doubt who will be held accountable here, and I think we all know it.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    I'll bet you do. It's clear to everyone else.
    poor little blaze. You think you have me all figured out because I disagree with you on these boards. Tell me more. Im sure in your mind you can tell us all who I have voted for in presdential and local elections (NY). Give it a try. If not, please try to keep the attacks to a minimum.
    Huh? What did Lieberman vote for that other Dems. didnt?

Start with Clinton/Lewinsky and Schiavo. That alone is enough.
    poor little blaze. You think you have me all figured out because I disagree with you on these boards. Tell me more. Im sure in your mind you can tell us all who I have voted for in presdential and local elections (NY). Give it a try. If not, please try to keep the attacks to a minimum.
    Oops, this post indicates that you got my point, just as i suggested in post 124.
    I just watched a recording of part of Lamonts victory speech on cable....was that Al Sharpton right behind him?......arghhh. The more it changes, the more it stays the same. When will we get some great leaders that fall somewhere between the right wing fanatics, and the liberal left nuts?
    You can rest assured that Lamont's platform is VERY MUCH moderate Democrat.

Edited to add, he went over many points that he intends to address like healthcare and working with our allies yet you judge his politics by who is standing behind him?
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    Start with Clinton/Lewinsky and Schiavo. That alone is enough.
    I thought this what about the war? So Lieberman was voted out because of the intern sex fiasco?
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    You can rest assured that Lamont's platform is VERY MUCH moderate Democrat.
    Not with good old Al Sharpton right behind him. Why dont you google Al, and check out some of his great comments and deeds. Lamont should not be seen in public with a guy like this.
    I thought this what about the war? So Lieberman was voted out because of the intern sex fiasco?
    Yes among other things, AND the war.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Oops, this post indicates that you got my point, just as i suggested in post 124.
    I now have absolutely no idea what your talking about, so maybe we can just move on. Or, if you want you can keep attacking.
    Not with good old Al Sharpton right behind him. Why dont you google Al, and check out some of his great comments and deeds. Lamont should not be seen in public with a guy like this.
    See the edit I wrote apparently after you posted this.
    Yes among other things, AND the war.
    He won't be the last.

And Lieberman did not merely vote to authorize the president to conduct this war, he supported this President's actions at every turn.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Edited to add, he went over many points that he intends to address like healthcare and working with our allies yet you judge his politics by who is standing behind him?
    I think its very telling when during his first speech as the Democratic nominee he has such a vile hate monger standing right behind him. Jesse Jackson was there too. Besides Jesse's one blantant anti-semetic remark about ny, I have no problem with him.
    I think its very telling when during his first speech as the Democratic nominee he has such a vile hate monger standing right behind him. Jesse Jackson was there too. Besides Jesse's one blantant anti-semetic remark about ny, I have no problem with him.
    wow
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast