Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TomUps
    Yes the liberal left one tonight, and the left has proven they are now as crazy, mean spirited, do anything to win, and puts the interests of their agenda in front of whats good for the country, just like the far right. Congrats.
    Explain a little more please.
  2. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tastypeppers
    Lamont has a long way to go if he's going to reach 6.2% spread. Only 16% of the precincts remain. That means Lamont has to pile it on for the remaining precincts. This is possible, I guess. But now I'm dubious that he'll reach 6.2%.

Still, I'm not going to flake out on my prediction. After all, this is the internet, not cable TV.
    That's right, try to keep your hope alive. I just wasn't trying to dash your hopes.
  3. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    U.S. Senate - - Dem Primary
    651 of 748 Precincts Reporting - 87.03%
    Name Party Votes Pct
    Lamont, Ned Dem 124,940 51.84
    Lieberman, Joe (i) Dem 116,060 48.16

Lamont by 3.68%
  4. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    28,000 New Democrat voters in CT. Watch out repubs. People are upset and they are going to take it out on you at the box.
  5. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    667 of 748 Precincts Reporting - 89.17%
    Name Party Votes Pct
    Lamont, Ned Dem 127,786 51.60
    Lieberman, Joe (i) Dem 119,867 48.40

Lamont by 3.2
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    667 of 748 Precincts Reporting - 89.17%
    Name Party Votes Pct
    Lamont, Ned Dem 127,786 51.60
    Lieberman, Joe (i) Dem 119,867 48.40

Lamont by 3.2
    The planets are in retrograde.
  7. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    702 of 748 Precincts Reporting - 93.85%
    Name Party Votes Pct
    Lamont, Ned Dem 134,942 51.65
    Lieberman, Joe (i) Dem 126,330 48.35

Lamont by 3.3%
    Ah, that's better. If Ned kicks a field goal here then I'm set.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Explain a little more please.
    First let me say, I dont really care who wins this race. If Leiberman loses tonight and wants to run as an independant he will probably win big. I read a bunch of internet blogs today, and was really surprised how nasty the liberal left has become. Many attacked his ties to Israel (because hes jewish), some attacked his wife, lots of name calling, and a total dis interest in even given the other side a chance to express itself. Just as bad as the right wing nuts.
  10. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tastypeppers
    Ah, that's better. If Ned kicks a field goal here then I'm set.
    Maybe.
  11. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TomUps
    First let me say, I dont really care who wins this race. If Leiberman loses tonight and wants to run as an independant he will probably win big. I read a bunch of internet blogs today, and was really surprised how nasty the liberal left has become. Many attacked his ties to Israel (because hes jewish), some attacked his wife, lots of name calling, and a total dis interest in even given the other side a chance to express itself. Just as bad as the right wing nuts.
    Could you point me in the direction of these blogs? Both sides have their crazies. But are you suggesting Lamont possibly winning tonight, somehow signifies a cray side rising up, or is it Dems just fed up?
  12. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    706 of 748 Precincts Reporting - 94.39%
    Name Party Votes Pct
    Lamont, Ned Dem 136,353 51.73
    Lieberman, Joe (i) Dem 127,249 48.27

Lamont by 3.46%
  13. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Concession speech being given right now!!!!!! Joe says first half is over.
  14. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    He is going to run as an Indy.
  15. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    714 of 748 Precincts Reporting - 95.45%
    Name Party Votes Pct
    Lamont, Ned Dem 139,496 51.90
    Lieberman, Joe (i) Dem 129,271 48.10

Lamont by 3.8%
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Could you point me in the direction of these blogs?
    sure, I had some down time at work today and read a bunch.... Daily Kos, huffington post, democraticunderground, raw story and a bunch more. I was not as surprised by the posts from the blog authors (though some were alarming), but the comments from the readers were enligtning. I especially loved the ones that discussed interupting republican speakers at public events. Some even suggested throwing things at the speakers. Or others blaming 9-11 on a worldwide jewish plot. Is this what American has come to? The far right is just as bad to me. I hope Americans that are somwhere in the middle start to speak up more.
    I'm not surprised at all. A close loss to a trust fund baby masquerading as something else. A three way race. Makes sense.

It's just that I think on general principles Joe should get tossed out. Anyone who serves three terms has got to be deeply entrenched with special interests at this point, on explicit ("I need money") and subtly implicit ("He's a good guy I see around town at cocktail parties, so sure, why not?") levels. Not to say that Mr. Lamont will be any better. But at least he's new and will take a little while to get good at the DC game. And for those few months he might actually have some principles.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Could you point me in the direction of these blogs? Both sides have their crazies. But are you suggesting Lamont possibly winning tonight, somehow signifies a cray side rising up, or is it Dems just fed up?
    Thats not what Im suggesting at all. Im suggesting that people that think the liberal left stands for peace, listening to ideas from all sides, compassion, cooperation, and kindness, are sadly mistaken. Same goes for the right.
  19. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    724 of 748 Precincts Reporting - 96.79%
    Name Party Votes Pct
    Lamont, Ned Dem 141,623 51.85
    Lieberman, Joe (i) Dem 131,491 48.15

Lamont by 3.7%
    28,000 New Democrat voters in CT. Watch out repubs. People are upset and they are going to take it out on you at the box.
    That's 14,000 newly registered Democrats and 14,000 people who switched from unaffiliated to Democrat so they could vote in the primary. http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/08/08/D8JCKRTO0.html

Independents who switch parties to vote in a primary are not really loyal Democrats. In my youth I would switch every primary to vote in the more interesting primary, D or R. Later on I got lazy.

So I think the 14,000 new Democratic voters mean something bad to the Republicans. They probably mean something bad for Joe Lieberman--I'm assuming that these are people who were inspired by Lamont's candidacy so will vote for him in November.

But the 14,000 unaffiliated switchers will probably remain independents for the general election. I'm not sure where those votes go, however. I suspect that independents are more "in the middle" rather than hard right or hard left. That would suggest a Lieberman benefit from these folks.
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast