Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TomUps
    For there to be a lasting peace between Lebanon and Israel........
    1. Hezbollah must be disarmed, supply lines of weapons to Hez., originating in Iran and going through Syria must be shutdown.
    Agreed
    2. An international force must be deployed into southern lebanon. This force must have the right and the ability to fight back against hezbollah when/if Hez. attacks either them, or starts lobbing rockets into Israel again.
    I agree, and Israel is going to have to withdraw completely from Lebanon, once that international force is there. They must work in tandem w/ the Lebanese Army.
    3. The two captured Israeli soldiers must be released unharmed. You can call this a prisoner swap if you want, but it must be a fair exchange. The days of exchanging one Israeli soldiers for thousands of arab prisoners is over.
    I agree, but the remaining Palastian and Lebanese prisoners must have trials, if there are Israelis being held in jail same rules apply. This includes all political prisoners as well
    4. The Lebanese goverment has to start taking full responsibility for the actions of any militia or terrorist group operating freely in its own country.
    That is impossible, One could argue the 9/11 hijackers were operating freely in the US
    5. Sheeba farms...resolve it already.
    Agreed.

We are not so far off just a different approaches.
    Last edited by NRG; 08/09/2006 at 10:03 AM.
  2. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by impish
    Your definition of "the world" seems homogenous, as though we all need to think alike. Or agree.
    See, I agree with your opinion in principal but I also recognize its naive-conutation for there's no utopia. Here's one area where the UN is showing its aloofness and bogus-votes: Sheer Numbers!
    Examples:
    * Number of Arab countries that have been members of the U.N. Security Council: 16

* Percentage of U.N. Commission on Human Rights resolutions condemning an Arab country for human rights violations: 0

* Percentage of U.N. Commission on Human Rights resolutions condemning Israel for human rights violations: 26

* Number of U.N. Security Council resolutions on the Middle East between 1948 and 1991: 175
    Number of these resolutions against Israel: 97
    Number of these resolutions against an Arab state: 4

* Number of U.N. General Assembly resolutions condemning Israel: 322

* Number of U.N. General Assembly resolutions condemning an Arab country: 0

And the list goes on and on and on. One can be cynical about the UN despite the notion that it is indeed an institution with a higher-purpose and dignity.
    If you dismiss those resolutions as BS, what makes the sanctions and resolutions over Lebanon and Iraq not BS?
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    We are not so far off just a different approaches.
    The problem will be getting Iran to allow Hezbollah to disarm. What to do when they refuse?
  4. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    The problem will be getting Iran to allow Hezbollah to disarm. What to do when they refuse?
    We cross that bridge when we come to it. We know what needs to happen, we don't need to guess. Dontcha think?
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    We cross that bridge when we come to it. We know what needs to happen, we don't need to guess. Dontcha think?
    But this has to be the first step. Israel cant withdraw while Hezbollah is still firing and getting new arms.
  6. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    But this has to be the first step. Israel cant withdraw while Hezbollah is still firing and getting new arms.
    you have got me confused. Do you want Israel to disarm Hez, then leave the UN force patroling?
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    you have got me confused. Do you want Israel to disarm Hez, then leave the UN force patroling?
    Hezbollah must agree to give up all its rockets and missles, and become a strictly political entity. If they do not, Israel will either have to destroy them all (long, long war), or an international force must do it.

During the disarming period, an international force will have to be deployed in Southern Lebanon to keep Hezbollah from re-establishing military positions and prevent Hez. from rearming their rocket and missle sites. Israel cannot have Iranian rockets and missles sitting on their nothern border anymore.
    If you dismiss those resolutions as BS, what makes the sanctions and resolutions over Lebanon and Iraq not BS?
    Goodness, NRG. Where did I say BS?
    Look at the numbers: Do you really see nothing wrong here? One-sided perhaps? Influenced? Juiced?
    Glaring at you is an institution that is biased to no end and thus my cynicism.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts

* Number of U.N. General Assembly resolutions condemning Israel: 322

* Number of U.N. General Assembly resolutions condemning an Arab country: 0
    This part says it all.
  10. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Goodness, NRG. Where did I say BS?
    Look at the numbers: Do you really see nothing wrong here? One-sided perhaps? Influenced? Juiced?
    Glaring at you is an institution that is biased to no end and thus my cynicism.
    I understand your disbelief. But what are you classifying as an Arab state? Plus, can I have a source for this info.
  11. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Hezbollah must agree to give up all its rockets and missles, and become a strictly political entity. If they do not, Israel will either have to destroy them all (long, long war), or an international force must do it.
    Why not let the international force disarm them?

Israel cannot have Iranian rockets and missles sitting on their nothern border anymore.
    And I am sure Lebanon would like Israel to stop killing it's civilians.
    I understand your disbelief. But what are you classifying as an Arab state? Plus, can I have a source for this info.
    Arab League: Egypt, Syria, Lebanon, Iraq, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Libya, Sudan, Tunisia, Morocco, Kuwait, Algeria, Bahrain, Oman, Qatar, the United Arab Emirates, Mauritania, Somalia, the Palestine Liberation Organization, Djibouti, and Comoros.

Source sent to you via private message.
  13. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Arab League: Egypt, Syria, Lebanon, Iraq, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Libya, Sudan, Tunisia, Morocco, Kuwait, Algeria, Bahrain, Oman, Qatar, the United Arab Emirates, Mauritania, Somalia, the Palestine Liberation Organization, Djibouti, and Comoros.

Source sent to you via private message.
    Then you source is wrong I believe, and he offers no source for his claims, he does not define what "Arab" countries are, etc.. I would try and find more corrabarating evidence.

I usally would not do this but, your source seems rather biased. I say this for his selective wording.
    Last edited by NRG; 08/09/2006 at 12:23 PM.
    Then you source is wrong I believe, and I would try and find more corrabarating evidence.
    The Arab league is my own list. In fact, the source I have given you mentioned 16 nations and I have included the PLO.
    Edit: According to Wikipedia the Arab world consists of 22 countries.
    Last edited by impish; 08/09/2006 at 12:19 PM.
  15. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    The Arab league is my own list.
    Yes I know it is your own list since the author of your source does NOT mention what Arab nations nor the Arab Leauge.

In fact, the source I have given you mentioned 16 nations and I have included the PLO.
    Where? Please show me.

http://www.jewishworldreview.com/070...rab_stats.php3

Anyone else want to help?
    Yes I know it is your own list since the author of your source does NOT mention what Arab nations nor the Arab Leauge.

Where? Please show me.
    It is mentioned!
    "Number of Arab countries: 19"

And according to Wikipedia the Arab world consists of 22 countries.
  17.    #37  
    Regardless of the definition of Arab state, it should be easy enough to review the UN resolutions to determine if there is a trend.
    Quote Originally Posted by shopharim
    Regardless of the definition of Arab state, it should be easy enough to review the UN resolutions to determine if there is a trend.
    Kudos!
  19. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    It is mentioned!
    "Number of Arab countries: 19"
    My statement still stands.
    My statement still stands.
    Which is?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast