Quote Originally Posted by WorldNetDaily
    ELECTION 2008
    Mel Gibson pushed for president
    Activist inspired by actor's stand on Schiavo, says his charisma needed
    Posted: April 6, 2005
    1:00 a.m. Eastern

By Ron Strom
    2005 WorldNetDaily.com

Inspired by Mel Gibson's strong stand against the dehydration death of Terri Schiavo, an Oregon businessman has begun a campaign to see the "Passion" director run for president as a Republican in 2008, saying he's the only potential candidate who has the star power and charisma needed to keep Democrat Hillary Clinton out of the White House.

"Mel Gibson is perhaps one of the few men in America who has shown exceptional courage in facing up to the left and the 'culture of death,'" James Welsh told WorldNetDaily. "Americans of religious conviction have been under relentless assault for at least the last 10 to 15 years. While we have been successful in achieving some gains, our defeat in the Terri Schiavo battle has made manifest the need for new generalship in this culture war."

In preparation for what he hopes will be a Gibson candidacy, Welsh has purchased 12 Internet domain names relating to a presidential run, including gibson2008.com...
    Quote Originally Posted by USA Today
    Gibson's father: Holocaust was mostly 'fiction'

NEW YORK (AP) Days before the release of Mel Gibson's film about the death of Jesus, which some critics say could fuel anti-Semitism, his father has told an interviewer that the Holocaust was mostly "fiction." In the latest interview, Mel Gibson's father said Jews want to take over the world

According to a transcript released by the network, Hutton Gibson said, "It's all maybe not all fiction but most of it is," when asked about his views on the Holocaust.

He added: "They claimed that there were 6.2 million (Jews) in Poland before the war and after the war there were 200,000, therefore he (Hitler) must have killed 6 million of them. They simply got up and left. They were all over the Bronx and Brooklyn and Sydney and Los Angeles."

The interview comes at a sensitive time for Mel Gibson, whose epic The Passion of the Christ is due to open Wednesday...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel Gibson
    The Holocaust: "Why are they calling her a Nazi? ... Because modern secular Judaism wants to blame the Holocaust on the Catholic Church. And it's a lie. And it's revisionism. And they've been working on that one for a while."
    New Yorker September 25, 2003
    The Economy: "Oh, ****. A lot of those guys pulled a *****. There's something to do with the Federal Reserve that Lincoln did, Kennedy did and Reagan tried. I can't remember what it was, my dad told me about it. Everyone who did this particular thing that would have fixed the economy got undone. Anyway, I'll end up dead if I keep talking ****."
    Playboy, July 1995
    The Gays :"They take it ** *** ***."
    El Pais January, 1992
    Use your imagination on this one, it was too vile to post here.
    His Own Sexuality : "Do I sound like a homosexual? Do I talk like them? Do I move like them?"
    El Pais
    Vatican II: Vatican II corrupted the institution of the church. Look at the main fruits: dwindling numbers and ped*******."
    Time January 27, 2003
    Stem Cell Research: "...Are we going to turn women into egg factories using follicle-stimulating-hormone drugs, which are known to cause cancer?"
    National Review , November 1 2004
    Evolution: "...I think it's bull****. If it isn't, why are they [monkeys and apes] still around? How come apes aren't people yet? It's a nice theory, but I can't swallow it. There's a big credibility gap. The carbon dating thing that tells you how long something's been around, how accurate is that, really? I've got one of Darwin's books at home and some of that stuff is pretty damn funny. Some of his stuff is true, like that the giraffe has a long neck so it can reach the leaves. But I just don't think you can swallow the whole piece."
    Playboy, July 1995
    Quote Originally Posted by the New Yorker
    On his decision to cut the scene in which Caiaphas says "his blood be on us and on our children" soon after Pontius Pilate washes his hands of Jesus, Gibson said:
    I wanted it in. My brother said I was wimping out if I didn't include it. But, man, if I included that in there, they'd be coming after me at my house. They'd come to kill me.
    I can't vote in the republican primary, but my vote would be no.
    Last edited by theBlaze74; 08/01/2006 at 12:42 PM.
    Oh come on. You know Mel is part of that "Liberal Hollywood"!

(nice post though)
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    I could be wrong, but dont you have to born born in the U.S. to be president?
    Yup....but maybe he could be the Attorney General unde Arnold!
    Quote Originally Posted by TomUps
    I could be wrong, but dont you have to born born in the U.S. to be president?
    I believe he was...
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    You are right....He was born in NY and then moved to Australia:

Mel Columcille Gerard Gibson was born on January 3, 1956, in Peekskill, New York, USA as the sixth of eleven children to parents Hutton Gibson, a railroad brakeman, and Ann Gibson, who was born in Australia and died in December of 1990. Though born in the US, Mel and his family moved to New South Wales, Australia.
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000154/bio
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
    You are right....He was born in NY and then moved to Australia:
    Wow, I always thought he was born in Australia. Come on Mel, how can anyone from NY not like Jews! We have some great delis here.
    That bio needs to be updated as well as it states:

Abstains from alcohol completely.
    and also interesting:

His father, Hutton Gibson, moved the family from upstate New York to Sydney, New South Wales, Australia in 1968 after winning as a contestant on "Jeopardy!" (1964).
    Well, at least with Mel, after a few shots of tequila, you'd know where he stood on things. A little ugly honesty might be a nice change from the current mare's nest of politics. Where the only thing we know for sure is that someone at Halliburton is doing quite well.
    Brent
    T650 on Sprint's Wireless Wonder
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by bheuss
    Well, at least with Mel, after a few shots of tequila, you'd know where he stood on things. A little ugly honesty might be a nice change from the current mare's nest of politics. Where the only thing we know for sure is that someone at Halliburton is doing quite well.
    Perhaps now, but I don't remember any such "honesty" when his passion play was raking in millions.
    True. But maybe if someone had just handed him a bottle of booze and some car keys, we could have found out sooner. (Kind of tongue in cheek.)

Actually, there was a lot of talk at the time that the movie was anti-Semitic. Apparently, his father had strong feelings along that line and has doubts that the Holocaust occurred.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hutton_Gibson

(For whatever a Wiki entry is worth.)
    Brent
    T650 on Sprint's Wireless Wonder
    If Mel were president, the country would turn into a state of "Mad Max":

-->BtDUN pre- and post- SprintPCS update 1.12 paired to PC and PPC.
    Darth_Maul -- a dark attacker, trained in the Jedi arts.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Pew Research Center
    Belief that Jews were Responsible for Christ's Death Increases
    Prevalent Among Young People, Minorities and 'Passion of Christ' Viewers

Generally, there is a correlation between seeing the movie, and expressing an intention to see it, with holding the view that Jews were responsible for Christ's death.
    http://people-press.org/reports/display.php3?ReportID=209
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by bheuss
    True. But maybe if someone had just handed him a bottle of booze and some car keys, we could have found out sooner. (Kind of tongue in cheek.)

Actually, there was a lot of talk at the time that the movie was anti-Semitic. Apparently, his father had strong feelings along that line and has doubts that the Holocaust occurred.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hutton_Gibson

(For whatever a Wiki entry is worth.)
    I listened to the Hutton Gibson interview on the Howard Stern show when the Passion was released. Truly vile.

When asked, Mel Gibson refused to distance himself.
    Quote Originally Posted by pda_jedi
    If Mel were president, the country would turn into a state of "Mad Max":

oooh. I'd probably vote for him, then. I always wanted to dress up like this:

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by septimus
    I guess all disputes then could just be settled in the ThunderDome.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theBlaze74
    I listened to the Hutton Gibson interview on the Howard Stern show when the Passion was released. Truly vile.

When asked, Mel Gibson refused to distance himself.
    Is'nt everything on Howard Stern show vile?
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    Quote Originally Posted by septimus

No one's stopping you now.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    Yeah, look at how DaT dresses. I see quite the similarity, only I am not sure where DaT has his chain connected
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    Good point. I'll be off to the store, now.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast