Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    Vacaville CA, 108 here today. It was 113 on Tuesday at 5:00 on my way home.
    And mine is bigger than yours.
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
    Some of the new VERY high end cars also have an option that when you run the A/C it stores a lot of cool in reserve. Then you stop at the store, the car will slowly release the saved cool to keep the car cooled down for up to an 30 minutes after you turn it off.
    Not exactly true - I have a MB year 2002 and it has that feature. Works in summer with the residual cooling for 30 minutes and in winter with the residual heat for 30 min. Nice feature really.

To stay on topic - here in MI near Detroit we had about 101 were I'm staying.
  3. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Been there....that is why I live in the opposite corner of the country!

Reached 108 yesterday here and should be anywhere around 104-106 today....the good thing is that we DO NOT have the humidity. That makes a HUGE difference.
    LOL. Like I pointed out, you don't have the damp, microwaved security blanket.

You are in Portland, right? The wife and I stay @ the Benson when ever we are there in the fall time.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray
    And mine is bigger than yours.

Post of great worth.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    I was watching the news a couple days ago, and people were taking desperate measures to stay cool in the San Francisco East Bay areas. One family stayed at a motel for a few days for the air conditioning and swimming pool. The motel manager was interviewed as saying they are booked all week because of the heat. Another story had a man trying to stay at a motel, but was turned down because they wouldn't accept the man's pet dog. So both the man and dog spent the night in the car with air conditioning turned on. Man, that's a sad story! People are literally dying all around California. With global warming getting worse, we will probably see more record heat temperatures. The earth's ozone layer is getting thicker and thicker, thereby trapping the sun's UV/heat that would normally escape into outer space. I got this tidbit from the movie "An Inconvenient Truth". Must be some truth to all this global warming stuff, but I know that's the topic on another thread.
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
    I'll admit it. I hit the wall after 3 days in the 90's and bought a small window air unit. I'm old.

7.    #27  
    There have been record high deaths by drownings in the NW. We have loads of rivers, many with very fast currents that can suck you under. As people try to keep cool, they go swimming just anywhere in any river. A large amount of them is attributed to drinking alcohol while swimming. In rivers it is like drinking and driving as it impairs your better judgment.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    I'll admit it. I hit the wall after 3 days in the 90's and bought a small window air unit. I'm old.

I thought there seemed to be less electricity for the rest of us to use, man you are selfish.

We finally had a little delta breeze last night to cool things down into the low 70's instead of staying in the upper 80's at night.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    There have been record high deaths by drownings in the NW. We have loads of rivers, many with very fast currents that can suck you under. As people try to keep cool, they go swimming just anywhere in any river. A large amount of them is attributed to drinking alcohol while swimming. In rivers it is like drinking and driving as it impairs your better judgment.

After reading about people drinking and swimming in rivers, this conjured up images in my mind of ScaryHumour posting pictures of a redneck's idea of air conditioning! By the way, whatever happened to ScaryHumour's pictures lately? I always got a laugh from that stuff!
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Start cooking your eggs over your roof shingles. It goes a long way to help you save some energy $$$'s.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12