Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 99
  1. TomUps's Avatar
    Posts
    22 Posts
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by gregorifro
    < < Septimus Edit > > props to him imo...plus, if you didnt know that he was guilty of having an "affair" when he kept questioning what the definitions of the words of the questions that he was being asked, you (not you TomUps, the people who thought he was innocent) are a moron
    Just saying that Im no more embarresed about this innocident than what clinton did. Im not assigning any wrong to Clinton.
    Afterall, If I was president I'd be going to bars and trying to pick up women.
  2. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
       #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by TomUps
    Afterall, If I was [single] president I'd be going to bars and trying to pick up women.
    Then I would concur. You know the kinda trim you could pull?
  3. #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by TomUps
    Just saying that Im no more embarresed about this innocident than what clinton did. Im not assigning any wrong to Clinton.
    Afterall, If I was president I'd be going to bars and trying to pick up women.
    i think i wordedwhat i said to make it seem like you were embarassed, i know what you meant, sorry...and yes, i'd go to clubs cuz hot women tend to go there...but the bar reminds me of a skit from snl where someone got impeached and kept saying "what the hell happened?" then the president came in with 2 chicks and bought drinks then left
  4. #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    (over 500 chemical munitions found in Iraq) so we will leave that dead horse alone.
    lets not confuse dead horses with horse manure

    The chemicals used to make that claim degraded long ago and at the time of the Iraq invasion were less hazardous than most stuff people have under their kitchen sink- conclusion of weapons experts including David Kay, the chief weapons inspector for the US from 2003-4.

    http://www.theconservativevoice.com/...l?mi=D8IDIE300

    So what threat were these "munitions" to the US at the time of the invasion? nada.
    Last edited by cellmatrix; 07/19/2006 at 02:55 PM.
  5. cardio's Avatar
    Posts
    779 Posts
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    Glad, my comment had the intended, effect.

    Well, I think is what Gore said was he was one of the first to get behind it. Here is his actual quote.

    Amazing what an echo chamber can produce, huh?

    During my service in the United States Congress, I took the initiative in creating the Internet.. Pretty straight forward quote. Yes, I paraphrased, thanks for bringing the actual quote up so we all can see that he said "During my service in the United States Congress, I took the initiative in creating the Internet. He did not say I was one of the first to get behind this, he said I took the initiative to create the internet.

    His words, from his quote. But that is another thread about politicians saying stupid things, then trying to spin them so they don't look like idiots.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
  6. #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    During my service in the United States Congress, I took the initiative in creating the Internet.. Pretty straight forward quote. Yes, I paraphrased, thanks for bringing the actual quote up so we all can see that he said "During my service in the United States Congress, I took the initiative in creating the Internet. He did not say I was one of the first to get behind this, he said I took the initiative to create the internet.

    His words, from his quote. But that is another thread about politicians saying stupid things, then trying to spin them so they don't look like idiots.
    http://www.snopes.com/quotes/internet.asp
    says it best..
    <IMG WIDTH="200" HEIGHT="50" SRC=http://www.visorcentral.com/images/visorcentral.gif> (ex)VisorCentral Discussion Moderator
    Do files get embarrassed when they get unzipped?
  7. cardio's Avatar
    Posts
    779 Posts
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by cellmatrix
    lets not confuse dead horses with horse manure

    The chemicals used to make that claim degraded long ago and at the time of the Iraq invasion were less hazardous than most stuff people have under their kitchen sink- conclusion of weapons experts including David Kay, the chief weapons inspector for the US from 2003-4.

    http://www.theconservativevoice.com/...l?mi=D8IDIE300

    So what threat were these "munitions" to the US at the time of the invasion? nada.

    Plenty of info on this in other threads, bottom line he was told to report and destroy all chemical muntions. He did not.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
  8. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
       #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    During my service in the United States Congress, I took the initiative in creating the Internet.. Pretty straight forward quote. Yes, I paraphrased, thanks for bringing the actual quote up so we all can see that he said "During my service in the United States Congress, I took the initiative in creating the Internet. He did not say I was one of the first to get behind this, he said I took the initiative to create the internet.

    His words, from his quote. But that is another thread about politicians saying stupid things, then trying to spin them so they don't look like idiots.
    I would say he worded it poorly. Create and Invent have different meanings.

    Here is a snip from Snopes.com:

    Clearly, although Gore's phrasing was clumsy (and perhaps self-serving), he was not claiming that he "invented" the Internet (in the sense of having designed or implemented it), but that he was responsible, in an economic and legislative sense, for fostering the development the technology that we now know as the Internet. To claim that Gore was seriously trying to take credit for the "invention" of the Internet is, frankly, just silly political posturing that arose out of a close presidential campaign. Gore never used the word "invent," and the words "create" and "invent" have distinctly different meanings the former is used in the sense of "to bring about" or "to bring into existence" while the latter is generally used to signify the first instance of someone's thinking up or implementing an idea. (To those who say the words "create" and "invent" mean exactly the same thing, we have to ask why, then, the media overwhelmingly and consistently cited Gore as having claimed he "invented" the Internet, even though he never used that word, and transcripts of what he actually said were readily available.)

    If President Eisenhower had said in the mid-1960s that he, while President, "created" the Interstate Highway System, we would not have seen dozens and dozens of editorials lampooning him for claiming he "invented" the concept of highways or implying that he personally went out and dug ditches across the country to help build the roadway. Everyone would have understood that Ike meant he was a driving force behind the legislation that created the highway system, and this was the very same concept Al Gore was expressing about himself with his Internet statement.

    Whether Gore's statement that he "took the initiative in creating the Internet" is justified is a subject of debate. Any statement about the "creation" or "beginning" of the Internet is difficult to evaluate, because the Internet is not a homogenous entity (it's a collection of computers, networks, protocols, standards, and application programs), nor did it all spring into being at once (the components that comprise the Internet were developed in various places at different times and are continuously being modified, improved, and expanded). Despite a spirited defense of Gore's claim by Vint Cerf (often referred to as the "father of the Internet") in which he stated "that as a Senator and now as Vice President, Gore has made it a point to be as well-informed as possible on technology and issues that surround it," many of the components of today's Internet came into being well before Gore's first term in Congress began in 1977.

    It is true, though, that Gore was popularizing the term "information superhighway" in the early 1990s (although he did not, as is often claimed by others, coin the phrase himself) when few people outside academia or the computer/defense industries had heard of the Internet, and he sponsored the 1988 National High-Performance Computer Act (which established a national computing plan and helped link universities and libraries via a shared network) and cosponsored the Information Infrastructure and Technology Act of 1992 (which opened the Internet to commercial traffic).

    In May 2005, the organizers of the Webby Awards for online achievements honored Al Gore with a lifetime achievement award for three decades of contributions to the Internet. "He is indeed due some thanks and consideration for his early contributions," said Vint Cerf.
  9. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
       #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    Plenty of info on this in other threads, bottom line he was told to report and destroy all chemical muntions. He did not.
    Did he know they were there? Just playing devil's advocate.
  10. cardio's Avatar
    Posts
    779 Posts
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by ToolkiT
    No disagreement. As stated in my post it is an example of a politician saying somenthing stupid (Snopes says clumsy) and then spinning his way out of it. Funny how quickly you come to the defense of a dem when they make a blunder, but are ready to hang a republican for the same thing. Can you say double standard?
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
  11. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
       #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    Funny how quickly you come to the defense of a dem when they make a blunder, but are ready to hang a republican for the same thing. Can you say double standard?
    why would you say that?
  12. #52  
    "Invented the internet" came from Anne Coulter.



    "This is the guy who said he invented the Internet."
  13. cardio's Avatar
    Posts
    779 Posts
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    Did he know they were there? Just playing devil's advocate.
    According to Gen Georges (the senior Iraqi Air Force leader), he knew where every weapon was and who was responsible to move them during the inspections. Did he know when we captured him, probably not, but in my opinon he probably knew where they were as late as 2002. We are talking over 500 munitions that have been confirmed as containing chemicals to include Sarin nerve agent. Saddam is on record telling the UN that he did not have any Sarin agent.

    But, I guess next question would be what is the definition of "have".
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
  14. cardio's Avatar
    Posts
    779 Posts
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    why would you say that?
    Experience on this site. Look at something like the kid in the video being a kid, lots on this board jumped all over the look how Bush energizes the youth. It was the kid being a bored kid. Look how fast 2 people brought up Snopes explanation of what Gore said. He said it, Snopes even said he was trying to make himself look better (paraphrased), does anyone really think that he was trying to tell the world he created the internet. But that is what he said.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
  15. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
       #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    Experience on this site. Look at something like the kid in the video being a kid, lots on this board jumped all over the look how Bush energizes the youth. It was the kid being a bored kid. Look how fast 2 people brought up Snopes explanation of what Gore said. He said it, Snopes even said he was trying to make himself look better (paraphrased), does anyone really think that he was trying to tell the world he created the internet. But that is what he said.
    Why would pick ToolKit out of it though? I think your post had your feelings misdirected, that is all.
  16. #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    No disagreement. As stated in my post it is an example of a politician saying somenthing stupid (Snopes says clumsy) and then spinning his way out of it. Funny how quickly you come to the defense of a dem when they make a blunder, but are ready to hang a republican for the same thing. Can you say double standard?
    Where do I defend a dem making a blunder?

    I posted a neutral link which said he was clumsy (or stupid as you call it) but did not say what people claim he said..
    Basically you are both right and both wrong.. that was my point..
    <IMG WIDTH="200" HEIGHT="50" SRC=http://www.visorcentral.com/images/visorcentral.gif> (ex)VisorCentral Discussion Moderator
    Do files get embarrassed when they get unzipped?
  17. #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    Did he know they were there? Just playing devil's advocate.
    Yes, Saddam was notified to present accountability for those Bio and Chem weapons by the UN and failed to do so:

    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&postcount=151
  18. #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    According to Gen Georges (the senior Iraqi Air Force leader), he knew where every weapon was and who was responsible to move them during the inspections. Did he know when we captured him, probably not, but in my opinon he probably knew where they were as late as 2002. We are talking over 500 munitions that have been confirmed as containing chemicals to include Sarin nerve agent. Saddam is on record telling the UN that he did not have any Sarin agent.

    But, I guess next question would be what is the definition of "have".
    You are talking about the war-crime free Iraqi General Georges Sada's tell all book "Saddam's Secrets", which talks about the little known conspiracy of the left wing media, the United States Military, the CIA, and the Bush administration to cover up Iraq's secret plan to sneak all of their weapons of mass destruction out of Iraq before the American's arrived? Without being seen by a single satelite photo, without the knowledge of the CIA, FBI, or the Bush Administration? And without a single scrap of evidence from any of those sources to corroborate his claim?

    Yes I saw that on Sean Hannity. And in Hobbes posts.
    Last edited by theBlaze74; 07/19/2006 at 04:44 PM.
  19. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
       #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
    Yes, Saddam was notified to present accountability for those Bio and Chem weapons by the UN and failed to do so:

    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&postcount=151
    Like a pit bull you are. I want to stay out of this, when we find something that is capable of being a 'smoking gun in the form of a mushroom cloud', then I will get more involved.
  20. #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    Like a pit bull you are. I want to stay out of this, when we find something that is capable of being a 'smoking gun in the form of a mushroom cloud', then I will get more involved.
    Sigh, wouldn't he also "fail to do so" if they were buried in the ground near the Iranian border and he didnt know where?

    And if that were true, he might also "fail" to use them to defend his dying regime.

    Could be reasons why even George Bush himself is not screaming from the mountain tops that we actually did find WMDs in Iraq after all.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions