Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 99
  1. cardio's Avatar
    Posts
    779 Posts
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    Iraq.
    What!!!! We have had 10's of thousands American casualties in Iraq??? I think you must be looking at the numbers Saddam killed on an annual basis instead of the numbers of American casualties.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
  2. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
       #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    What!!!! We have had 10's of thousands American casualties in Iraq??? I think you must be looking at the numbers Saddam killed on an annual basis instead of the numbers of American casualties.
    A casualty is an injury.
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    He must be including all the gang murders that have occured here in the US since the invasion. The story is always better when you make up the numbers.
    Ah, he's including wounded.
  4. cardio's Avatar
    Posts
    779 Posts
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by hoovs
    Ah, he's including wounded.
    Oh I see, what is strange though is even the anti-war websites can only come up with around 19,000 casualties since the invasion and they include illness, injury (combat related or not), death and any mental health problems with anyone who served in the area.

    Still does not equate to 10s of thousands, but that number sure makes it sound so grandiose.

    It is so much fun to use hyperbole in your arguments.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
  5. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
       #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    Oh I see, what is strange though is even the anti-war websites can only come up with around 19,000 casualties since the invasion and they include illness, injury (combat related or not), death and any mental health problems with anyone who served in the area.

    Still does not equate to 10s of thousands, but that number sure makes it sound so grandiose.

    It is so much fun to use hyperbole in your arguments.
    Oh, well, Bush is still an embarrassment.
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    Oh I see, what is strange though is even the anti-war websites can only come up with around 19,000 casualties since the invasion and they include illness, injury (combat related or not), death and any mental health problems with anyone who served in the area.

    Still does not equate to 10s of thousands, but that number sure makes it sound so grandiose.

    It is so much fun to use hyperbole in your arguments.
    Well, if you add the number of deaths to the number of wounded then you get a bit over 20,000 which is, technically, "10's of thousands".

    And, before the flames start, I am in no way minimizing the deaths and injury of American soldiers in Iraq. It seems to me that the fact that there aren't as many casualties as the Left would have us believe is a good thing.
  7. kvcobra's Avatar
    Posts
    446 Posts
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by hoovs
    Ah, he's including wounded.
    Actually, it's the definition of "casualty," not merely meyerweb's use of it, that includes the wounded.

    Either that, or he's including casualties incurred on 9/11; that is the official party line reason these days for going to war in Iraq now that WMDs are no longer the reason, right? Forgive me; the reason keeps changing, and I'm losing track...
    ... Als sie mich holten, gab es keinen mehr, der protestieren konnte.
    ... Then they came for me, and there was no one left to speak out.
    -- Rev. Martin Niemöller

    Clie T615C + Nokia 6360 (SunCom) --> Treo 650 (Sprint) --> Treo 755p (Sprint) + BlackBerry 7130e (VZW)
    Palm (aka Plantronics) Ultralight Wireless headset
    Helix Holster
  8. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    Oh, well, Bush is still an embarrassment.
    What a surprise you'd feel that way! When did he lose you? At "hello"?
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by hoovs
    What is the purpose of this thread?
    I'm starting to wonder that myself, actually.
  10. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
       #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by septimus
    I'm starting to wonder that myself, actually.
    I started the thread so we could all garner a good chuckle at our fearless leader's lack of social diplomatic behavior.
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    I started the thread so we could all garner a good chuckle at our fearless leader's lack of social diplomatic behavior.
    Ah, well then, carry on.

    Of course, once he becomes a user on this forum, it wouldn't be nice to attack him like that.
  12. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
       #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by septimus
    Ah, well then, carry on.

    Of course, once he becomes a user on this forum, it wouldn't be nice to attack him like that.
    LOL. Right, I would have to heed then. Although, I don't think he could figure out a Treo. So, I think I should be safe.
  13. cardio's Avatar
    Posts
    779 Posts
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    LOL. Right, I would have to heed then. Although, I don't think he could figure out a Treo. So, I think I should be safe.
    LOL, that one made me chuckle. It also brought back fond memories of "I invented the internet" comments from another politician.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
  14. cardio's Avatar
    Posts
    779 Posts
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by kvcobra
    Actually, it's the definition of "casualty," not merely meyerweb's use of it, that includes the wounded.

    Either that, or he's including casualties incurred on 9/11; that is the official party line reason these days for going to war in Iraq now that WMDs are no longer the reason, right? Forgive me; the reason keeps changing, and I'm losing track...

    Do you really think that there is only one reason? Was there only one reason for any conflict in our history? And, there are entire threads on the WMD issue (over 500 chemical munitions found in Iraq) so we will leave that dead horse alone.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
  15. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
       #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    LOL, that one made me chuckle.
    Glad, my comment had the intended, effect.

    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    It also brought back fond memories of "I invented the internet" comments from another politician.
    Well, I think is what Gore said was he was one of the first to get behind it. Here is his actual quote.

    Quote Originally Posted by Al Gore
    During my service in the United States Congress, I took the initiative in creating the Internet. I took the initiative in moving forward a whole range of initiatives that have proven to be important to our country's economic growth and environmental protection, improvements in our educational system.
    Amazing what an echo chamber can produce, huh?
  16. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
       #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    (over 500 chemical munitions found in Iraq) so we will leave that dead horse alone.
    LOL. So why do you have to drag the carcass out for us see?
  17. TomUps's Avatar
    Posts
    22 Posts
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    What an international embarrassment he is.
    I feel no more embarresed about this incident, as when my last president was caught having an affair with an intern. No embarresment, whatsoever (about this incident).
  18. #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by septimus
    I'm starting to wonder that myself, actually.
    To point out what a complete moron Bush is.

    To display his complete lack of impulse control, his sexism, and his inability to show respect to the leader of a foreign country.
  19. #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by bigthrust
    I love my country and I support it completely.
    you can still support the country but it does not mean that you like the people in charge, like supporting the troops...i support the troops so they can come back alive and it does not mean that i am for what is happening
  20. #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by TomUps
    I feel no more embarresed about this incident, as when my last president was caught having an affair with an intern. No embarresment, whatsoever (about this incident).
    props to him imo...plus, if you didnt know that he was guilty of having an "affair" when he kept questioning what the definitions of the words of the questions that he was being asked, you (not you TomUps, the people who thought he was innocent) are a moron
    Last edited by gregorifro; 07/19/2006 at 05:57 PM.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions