Page 6 of 47 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Not quite: Israel is at peace with Egypt since more than a quarter century, Jordan is not a problem, the Palestinians are divided about whether or not to accept the existence of Israel (even Hamas may have approached accepting Israel), Lebanon is divided, too (Shiite south, in the hands of Hezbollah, wants its destruction, the Lebanese Christians not), leaving only Syria. But there is still plenty of aggression against Israel of course, apart from Syria mainly from Iran, and the population of the surrounding countries is probably more anti-Israel than some of the governments.
    "Hamas may have approached accepting Israel"....yeah right.

1. Israel has gaza on one side, and the westbank on the other. Both run by a terrorist organization that wants all jews dead.
    2. To the north, Lebanon, who governement is either incapable or uninterested in stopping hezbollah (another terrorist organization that would like to kill as many jews as possible) from using its country as a base of terror, and a launching pad for attacks.
    3. Syria (who lets not forget has invaded Israel 3 times since 1948), funds hezbollah and would love to see the destruction of Israel.
    4. Do I even need to bring up Iran. A soon to be nuclear country run by a madman.

maybe you to reconsider the "not quite".
    Quote Originally Posted by TomUps
    Its funny you bring Gandhi up. Can you imagine where the Palestinians would be if they adopted his form of protest instead of murdering babies, embracing terror tactics, having a governement whose charter calls for the destruction of Israel, and the failure to even recognize Israels right to exist. I bet they would be sitting in their own country right now called Palestine.

Can you imagine what Gandhi would think of their current tactics? Remember that before you start doing the quote thingy.
    Omg? You are admonishing me about quoting Ghandi in the same thread you virulently defend Israel's bombs (which "killed some babies" today, as you put it), and out of the other side of your mouth suggest that the Palestinians fight back with a hunger strike? If you top it off with an anti sematism accusation, this thread will be almost complete.
    I dont think the truth can every be considered "rhetoric".
    This is the rhetoric.
    people that want you dead
    government that the whole free world has recognized as a murderous terrorist organization that is sworn to your destruction
    a people that will try to kill you and your children at any chance they get
    antisemites
    spade
    terrorists
    murderers
    dead children
    murdering terrorists
    The only way to make it stop is to destroy them. Viva Israel!
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theBlaze74
    Omg? You are admonishing me about quoting Ghandi in the same thread you virulently defend Israel's bombs (which "killed some babies" today, as you put it), and out of the other side of your mouth suggest that the Palestinians fight back with a hunger strike? If you top it off with an anti sematism accusation, this thread will be almost complete.
    First of all, I have never called you (or anybody else here an Anti-Semite), So please stop throwing that around in every post you make. Do I actually need to defend myself for not calling you Anti-Semetic....give me a break.

2. You once again mentioned death caused by Israel without at the same time mentioning Israeli deaths caused by rocket and missle fire into Israel. Lets not forget it was Hezbollah that started this whole thing a few days ago by invading Israel.

3. I guess if was up to you Israel should just let Hezbollah keep firing away, with no response whatsoever. Hmm, maybe we shouldnt have gone after Bin-Laden after 9-11. Maybe we shouldnt have gone after Japan after pearl harbor.

Now, I would like to conclude with that I DO NOT THINK YOUR ANTI-SEMETIC. There I said it, do you feel better? I will sign all my responses to you with that phrase because I dont want you to get the wrong idea.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    This is the rhetoric.
    To you it is. To me its the truth. I think you post about the hunger strikes is rhetoric. Can you imagine Ghandi strapping a bomb around his waste and blowing up a family eating a happy meal?

I dont think your anti-semetic.
    First of all, I have never called you (or anybody else here an Anit-Semite), So please stop throwing that around in every post you make. Do I actually need to defend myself for not calling you Anti-Semetic....give me a break.

2. You once again mentioned death caused by Israel without at the same time mentioning Israeli deaths caused by rocket and missle fire into Israel. Lets not forget it was Hezbollah that started this whole thing a few days ago by invading Israel.

3. I guess if was up to you Israel should just let Hezbollah keep firing away, with no response whatsoever. Hmm, maybe we shouldnt have gone after Bin-Laden after 9-11. Maybe we shouldnt have gone after Japan after pearl harbor.

Now, I would like to conclude with that I DO NOT THINK YOUR ANTI-SEMETIC. There I said it, do you feel better? I will sign all my responses to you with that phrase because I dont want you to get the wrong idea.
    Yup, I do feel a bit better actually.

As far as "if it were up to me". It is difficult to offer constructive opinions with words like "murderring terrorist", and "dead babies" being thrown about.

As long as you are asking, if it were up to me, I would chose a US president who is once again respected in the world, who would at least try in the middle east, who would not have completely ignored Israeli / Palestine, Osama, and North Korea for the last 6 years. A leader who can at least somewhat be seen as an honest broker between all sides.
    To you it is. To me its the truth. I think you post about the hunger strikes is rhetoric. Can you imagine Ghandi strapping a bomb around his waste and blowing up a family eating a happy meal?

I dont think your anti-semetic.
    Or an abortion clinic, or a day care, or dropping a 2000 pound bunker buster in a subdivision, yes we have been over this already. Glad we can finally see eye to eye.
    ...If you think you can risk the planet for selfish and hateful reasons, the world must respond harshly.

When Muslim communities harbor terrorists, those communities must be ripped apart in order that they can be put back together in a way that will not be terrorist breeding grounds. Hold Muslim communities accountable for their complicity. It sounds harsh, but it is the only solution.

If we cry peace while marching down streets with bongo drums; if we passively resist for some idealized Ghandian philosophy; if we trust the untrustworthy because we think peace is the opposite of war, we will experience another 911. Guaranteed!

I wish I could take credit for this incredible opinion...link It's mainly an article on proof of existing hezbollah sleeper cells in the United States.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    As far as "if it were up to me". It is difficult to offer constructive opinions with words like "murderring terrorist", and "dead babies" being thrown about.
    Sorry Blaze, but thats exactly what Hamas, Islamic Jihad, and Hezbollah do. They kill babies, and are world wide recognized terrorist organizations. You might not like it that I call them that, but the truth is the truth.

As long as you are asking, if it were up to me, I would chose a US president who is once again respected in the world, who would at least try in the middle east, who would not have completely ignored Israeli / Palestine, Osama, and North Korea for the last 6 years. A leader who can at least somewhat be seen as an honest broker between all sides.
    Like our last president? North Korea is completely Clintons fault. What did Clinton do about Al-Qaeda attacks on The USS Cole (justice came in the form of a hellfire missle from a cia drone in 2002), and our embassies in Africa?

As for an honest broker between all sides, do you mean Israel on one side, and Hamas (terrorist organization, calls for destruction of Israel, doesnt acknowledge Israels right to exist) on the other side? Even you should have to admit its impossible to broker peace with that.

I do not think your anti-semetic.
    Last edited by TomUps; 07/15/2006 at 08:58 PM.
    Who hinted that my remarks were anti-semetic? You mean my post asking which side was firing rockets? Was that the anti-semetic post? I have seen some vile and inflamitory posts here in this thread, and I have seen a signature be removed that sarcastically called Islam "the religion of peace", but I have not seen any anti-sematism.
    I don't know who it was that called you an anti-Semite, but you state here:
    I've been called an anti-semite for suggesting that both sides might miss loved ones when killed by rockets.
    You are the one who made the original claim that you were unfairly being labeled as an anti-Semite. I was simply pointing out the hypocrisy of how it was wrong for "someone" to assume you were an anti-Semite based on your comments when at the same time (or only days earlier) you have/had no problem implying that people who disagreed with gay-marriage were masking an "underlying hatred" for homosexuals.

What do you think is the REAL motivation behind the passion against gay marriage aprasad?

Do you take it at face value when they say it is lofty principles about polluting the sanctity of the institution of marriage? Or do you think it masks an underlying hatred?
    Are You masking an "underlying hatred" for the Jews?
    Last edited by aairman23; 07/15/2006 at 09:36 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    ...If you think you can risk the planet for selfish and hateful reasons, the world must respond harshly.

When Muslim communities harbor terrorists, those communities must be ripped apart in order that they can be put back together in a way that will not be terrorist breeding grounds. Hold Muslim communities accountable for their complicity. It sounds harsh, but it is the only solution.

If we cry peace while marching down streets with bongo drums; if we passively resist for some idealized Ghandian philosophy; if we trust the untrustworthy because we think peace is the opposite of war, we will experience another 911. Guaranteed!

I wish I could take credit for this incredible opinion...link It's mainly an article on proof of existing hezbollah sleeper cells in the United States.
    Hmm, another mention of Muslim, just like the signature used to say. No mention of "terrorist" communities this time? But Muslim communities?
    Last edited by theBlaze74; 07/16/2006 at 01:38 AM.
    I don't know if its the only solution, but Israel has to take action when they are attacked. Have they exhausted all the other options? I don't know.

I wouldnt say its guaranteed but it is definitely inconsistant with our foreign policy now. Being consistant is important so that expectations are set and groups know (and can expect) what will happen if particular events occur.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Sorry Blaze, but thats exactly what Hamas, Islamic Jihad, and Hezbollah do. They kill babies.
    Can't believe this language and tone is allowed here, but apparently it is, so ...

Lot's of people kill babies. It's interesting and perhaps telling the dead babies you have singled out.

Not the ones in the day care in Oklahoma City, not the ones in southern black churches, not the ones in abortion clinics, the ones under 2000 pound bunker busters, and not the Muslim ones that were murdered today. I wonder why that is.
    I still don't understand how people cannot separate "intentionally" targeting civilians from taking out a terrorist hide-out (which occasionally results in unfortunate loss of Palestinian life) You have to be crazy to not see the difference. This is particularly evident when the terrorists intentionally place their operation bases in high population areas. They bring the collateral damage upon themselves when they use their own civilians as shields. I don't see Israel using this human shield tactic.

If knocking down a house breeds more terrorists then what is the alternative? Not doing anything at all?........oh wait.... Israel has been showing restraint for decades and the Arabs still hate them. Maybe they should show even more restraint.....scratch that….maybe if they show super-humanitarian-Gandhi-like restraint…. surely then the Arabs will want peace!

The REAL issue is that the rich Arab nations of the middle east NEED Palestinians to die so that they can have a rallying cause against Israel and the west…so they fund these terrorist organizations that promise not only to destroy Israel, but also ACTIVELY allow Palestinians to die in the process (by placing bases and hide-outs in civilian areas.) Then when a few Palestinians die in the process of Israel bombing terrorist scum bag operation bases, the terrorists can point to the limited number of dead civilians and say “look, Israel is targeting civilians” and thus create more terrorists. You have to have you head up something smelly if you really think that Israel is “targeting” civilian areas.
    0 is how many would have been killed collectively on both sides if Hizbelloh wouldn't of make their boneheaded tactical error. They figured, sneak in kill a few soldiers keep one or two hostage and we'll have our murdering brothers back from prison by the end of the week. Now Lebanon has made a statement they will removed Hisbelloh and disarm them. I'm sure if you created a topic (maybe you already have?) on the OK bombing people will discuss baby killing, just doesn't seem real appropriate to bring it up in this topic.

Can't believe this language and tone is allowed here, but apparently it is, so ...

Lot's of people kill babies. It's interesting and perhaps telling the dead babies you have singled out.

Not the ones in the day care in Oklahoma City, not the ones in southern black churches, not the ones in abortion clinics, the ones under 2000 pound bunker busters, and not the Muslim ones that were murdered today. I wonder why that is.
    What are you "targeting" when you drop a 2000 pound bunker buster in a subdivision?
    0 is how many would have been killed collectively on both sides if Hizbelloh wouldn't of make their boneheaded tactical error. They figured, sneak in kill a few soldiers keep one or two hostage and we'll have our murdering brothers back from prison by the end of the week. Now Lebanon has made a statement they will removed Hisbelloh and disarm them. I'm sure if you created a topic (maybe you already have?) on the OK bombing people will discuss baby killing, just doesn't seem real appropriate to bring it up in this topic.
    Seems that it doesn't "seem real appropriate" to you to discuss any terrorism apart from that related to Islam.
    What in Tom's post is a violation of the forum guidelines? Can you point to anything in specific? How would you prefer it to be edited
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    What in Tom's post is a violation of the forum guidelines? Can you point to anything in specific? How would you prefer it to be edited
    I don't have a strong opinion on this, especially since it is against the guidelines here to complain about moderation.

Since you asked, most forums dealing in politics that I have seen have something similar to this.

Extremist/Racist Posts

To maintain the status quo of the community, extremist rhetoric is not allowed. Blanket statements condemning an entire demographic are not tolerated. Threads created for such reasons will be locked. A condemnation directed at a selected group for personal attributes (e.g. religious beliefs, physical, mental, race, gender, etc.) will probably result in your being permanently banned from the site.

**Note: These are also referred to as "gross generalizations":

Gross Generalization: a derogatory generalization targeting an entire demographic based upon the actions or perceived actions of a few.

Examples of gross generalizations: All [Democrats/Republicans] are brainwashed twits. All U.S. troops are murdering slobs with no conscience.

Racism: the active or passive assertion that race accounts for differences in human character or ability and that a particular race is superior to others.

Real examples of racist remarks:

Don't blame them for believing everything the History Channel (owned by a Jew) tells them to believe. Jews control AmeriKa [sic].

Jews are scum...

Hah - africans are black!!!

I would nuke the whole of Asia...

These are not *NEW* rules - these are the SAME rules we've always had, but now defined. Please read them.

Real examples of trolling:

Those of us who read, instead of sitting in front of the tv watching Faux News [sic], have read many many reports of investigations and audits that show how little the 'w' regime cares about spending the taxpayer's hard-earned money.

Try and keep up, son. attaboy

Apparently you dont realise that the top 10% of wage earners already pay over 85% of all collected taxes.
    Tax the rich?
    We already do ********.
    And for what? So some lazy *** welfare receipient can collect a check while stting on his *** watching Oprah?
    Well f**k that. I make over 200 a year.
    How, I work my f***ing *** off.
    I wasn't born rich, I didn't go to college, and I didnt get anything I didn't earn, and you wanna take more of my check so some lazy ***hole can watch 60 hours of TV a week instead of the 20 per week average?
    f**k That.

Q1: Does 'GOP' mean 'Gay Old Party'?

Westside Debator--Naw, we're talking about liberals. Even liberal PRESIDENTS can't control their libido, and can't resist the urge to get oral sex in the friggin OVAL OFFICE!!!

Ok, so show me where the bible says fellatio is bad and I'll telll your mom to leave me alone.

Oh Lord, what loonies!

The LIBS don't actually believe the US is at war. That's the bottom line. They have a very short attention span.

You equate my post with murder? So much for Republican "values".

If I met you in person, I'd just spit in your face. If I met with someone who lost a loved one in Iraq, I'd ask them whether they voted for George W. Bush. If they answered "No," then I'd join them in condemning that *******. If they answered "Yes," I'd spit in their face, too.

Pathetic thread. Waste of typing.

If you truly support gay rights, you are no true Republican. Because don't forget, the Republicans are "righteous"

That's YOUR lame stereotype, perpetuated by liberals... and has no basis in reality.

..... because like your post, that would be retarded.

The Repugs are digging their own graves.

There is no difference between the Dims and the Repugs. They are one in the same!

Liebertarians are a party of pot smoking head in the clouds children.
    If phrases like "baby killer", "murdering terrorists", "a people that will try to kill you and your children at any chance they get", "The only way to make it stop is to destroy them. Viva Israel! " are allowed, that is not my decision.
    So what's the difference between that blanket statement and yours:
    Lot's of people kill babies.
    What would you like the mods to do? The thread is discussing the killing of innocent human beings (someone mentioned collateral damage). You are pointing out the fact that large bombs are dropped on subdivisions.

You quoted language of "murdering terrorists". Is that a generalization that you don't agree with? Don't terrorist murder people?

In one of my posts, I pointed out a generalization to ATM...I would hope that just because I pointed that out that it wasnt a sign that I wanted a mod to come moderate my discussion.

The topic of this thread is "Israeli jets strike Beirut airport", which draws an inference that people might be killed since military action was taken.

You are obvioulsy free to express what other forums do but its clear that the language you quoted is not in the forum guidelines for this board. People are making contributions to this thread (including you). I would hate to see it get locked.