Page 5 of 47 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
    Agreed, hopefully the antisemites will understand that we are at war alongside our brothers in Israel against terrorists. The hatred of the Jews must stop, it is blinding much of the world to who the true enemy is.

Quote Originally Posted by theBlaze74
    Finally, thank god, and the religious intolerance too.

I for one, appreciate the extra effort it requires.
    Many antisemites and most other people don't like innocent people to die. The real question is why they are dying. It is b/c of relentless, unprovoked acts of war against Israel. I get a kick of the supposed 'unproportionate response' of Israel. If they simply did nothing for several more months then the murdering terrorists would have killed more than Israel. To figure out who is right or wrong, you don't look to see who has killed more, you look to see why it is happening.

I neither identify with, take up the cause of, or accept the tactics or ideology of those that would either drop a 2000 pound "bunker buster" on an apartment building and call it "collateral damage", those that would carry a nail bomb in to a cafe or an abortion clinic, those that would drive a fertilizer bomb in to a day care, or those that would punish the wives and children of their criminals.

It has nothing to do with "having a heart for Israel", or for palestine, and the idea that the question is framed with phrases like "dead children" with the implication that one side or the other, or other board members are "not concerned" is appalling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    Septemus is just trying to reign in the personal attacks by many of it's members.

I for one, appreciate the extra effort it requires.
    Agreed, hopefully the antisemites will understand that we are at war alongside our brothers in Israel against terrorists. The hatred of the Jews must stop, it is blinding much of the world to who the true enemy is.
    I don't remember septimus reigning in any anti-semitism, here on the board.
    Me neither

Quote Originally Posted by TomUps
    I agree somewhat.
    Glad to see you are not black and white as some.
    Israel shares a fair share of the blame. However, you have to remember Israel is surronded on all sides by enemies that want (and I will only accept) their destruction.
    Not quite: Israel is at peace with Egypt since more than a quarter century, Jordan is not a problem, the Palestinians are divided about whether or not to accept the existence of Israel (even Hamas may have approached accepting Israel), Lebanon is divided, too (Shiite south, in the hands of Hezbollah, wants its destruction, the Lebanese Christians not), leaving only Syria. But there is still plenty of aggression against Israel of course, apart from Syria mainly from Iran, and the population of the surrounding countries is probably more anti-Israel than some of the governments.
    Its not anymore a matter of just leaving Gaza and the West Bank. Hamas does not want peaceful relations with Israel. They want to destroy it. You have to admit that someone who wants your destruction doesn't make the best neighbor.
    That is true of course. I don't oppose Israel fighting terrorists, but the way they treat the Palestinians (civilians, not terrorists) is asking for trouble (creating a hopeless situation which sponsors violence).
    Last edited by clulup; 07/15/2006 at 02:03 PM.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
    Septemus is just trying to reign in the personal attacks by many of it's members.
    Agreed, hopefully the antisemites will understand that we are at war alongside our brothers in Israel against terrorists. The hatred of the Jews must stop, it is blinding much of the world to who the true enemy is. Post #81
    Me neither
    In that case, I cannot understand what you are agreeing to in post 81, or how it relates to "hatred of Jews", antisemites, or "the true enemy" whoever you are saying that is.
    Yes, [destroying the house of the grandmother of a suicide bomber] is a deterent. If a 12 year old sees a friend's house destroyed b/c his 18 year old brother murdered 20 Israeli's he will unlikely make the same mistake.
    That is exactly how it NOT works. Actions like the above simply trigger more hatred and help recruit more suicide bombers. You can tell from the increasing influence of Hamas in Gaza. Would you refrain from taking action because your enemy destroyed your grandmother's house or killed your relatives in an air strike? I doubt it.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
    Quote Originally Posted by clulup
    That is exactly how it NOT works. Actions like the above simply trigger more hatred and help recruit more suicide bombers. You can tell from the increasing influence of Hamas in Gaza. Would you refrain from taking action because your enemy destroyed your grandmother's house or killed your relatives in an air strike? I doubt it.
    An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.

Mahatma Gandhi
    Doing nothing creates an extreme Islamic murderous world.

ATM

Mahatma Gandhi
    So how does it work? Should Israel give up all their land and assimilate to the USA and Europe? It's their land, they get attacked and provoked they kick the crap out of the P's and take their land. The world condemns Israel for protecting themselves and demand Israel give the land back to P's. It's a circle, Israel is doing right thing. Hama and Hizbollah will never relent on murdering. The only way to make it stop is to destroy them. Viva Israel!

Quote Originally Posted by clulup
    Notice words like "murdering terrorists", "blinded to the true enemy", and "hatred of the jews" in this type of rhetoric, followed by
    The only way to make it stop is to destroy them. Viva Israel!
    Quote Originally Posted by TomUps
    I'm sorry your appalled, that seems to happen often though.

My point is you have repeatedly brought up the the demolition of the homes of suicide bombers as unjust. I find (and still do) incredible how anybody could compare that to the murder of innocent children in resturants and buses. It seems you only acknowledge that when pressed on it.

As for your comment about punnishing the wives or children of criminals, I think if one would be suicide bomber changed his mind about blowing to bits innocent Israeli children because he was afraid his parents home would be demolished, then the tactic was an incredible success. I know its probably difficult for people sitting saftley in their homes thousands of miles away to understand that though.
    Your posts speak of blowing to bits innocent Israeli children and then you feign surprise if it is seen to be appaling. I am sure you knew it was appalling when you posted it.

Intentional or coincidence, just the type of rhetoric used to inspired more hatred, and more killing, but I know its probably diffucult for people sitting safely in thier homes thousands of miles away to understand that though.
    Many antisemites feel the same way you do. Call a spade a spade. Hama and Hizbollah are terrorists groups they are murderers. You and I disagree here, I do not support terrorist groups.

Notice words like "murdering terrorists", "blinded to the true enemy", and "hatred of the jews" in this type of rhetoric, followed by
    antisemites
    spade
    terrorists
    murderers
    terrorist
    You and I disagree here
    Yes, we do.
    To me, sovereignty of the state of Israel and keeping it as our ally is essential. The US needs to protect Israel. Israel certainly has the right to defend itself against arab extremists and terrorists actions as it is doing. But that does not give anyone the right to fling antisemetic insults whenever anyone does not take a Likud-like stand. Likewise it does not entitle anyone to slander an entire religion as a religion of hate. For all that is good with this country, Israel clearly does not properly respect palistinians within its own country and needs to stop treating them as second class citizens in addition to providing land and independence towards a Palestinian state.
    I find it ironic that theblaze74 is so offended when some one hints at his remarks being anti-Semitic, yet just a couple days ago he had no problem posting this comment implying that people who don't agree with gay-marriage mask an "underlying hatred" for homosexuals.

What do you think is the REAL motivation behind the passion against gay marriage aprasad?

Do you take it at face value when they say it is lofty principles about polluting the sanctity of the institution of marriage? Or do you think it masks an underlying hatred?
    Dishy dishy, but no takey takey
    Quote Originally Posted by aairman23
    I find it ironic that theblaze74 is so offended when some one hints at his remarks being anti-Semitic, yet just a couple days ago he had no problem posting this comment implying that people who don't agree with gay-marriage mask an "underlying hatred" for homosexuals.

Dishy dishy, but no takey takey
    Who hinted that my remarks were anti-semetic? You mean my post asking which side was firing rockets? Was that the anti-semetic post?
    antisemites
    spade
    terrorists
    murderers
    dead children
    murdering terrorists
    I have seen some vile and inflamitory posts here in this thread, and I have seen a signature be removed that sarcastically called Islam "the religion of peace", but I have not seen any anti-sematism.
    Quote Originally Posted by cellmatrix
    ...But that does not give anyone the right to fling antisemetic insults whenever anyone does not take a Likud-like stand. Likewise it does not entitle anyone to slander an entire religion as a religion of hate....
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts

Mahatma Gandhi
    Its funny you bring Gandhi up. Can you imagine where the Palestinians would be if they adopted his form of protest instead of murdering babies, embracing terror tactics, having a governement whose charter calls for the destruction of Israel, and the failure to even recognize Israels right to exist. I bet they would be sitting in their own country right now called Palestine.

Can you imagine what Gandhi would think of their current tactics? Remember that before you start doing the quote thingy.

Intentional or coincidence, just the type of rhetoric used to inspired more hatred, and more killing, but I know its probably diffucult for people sitting safely in thier homes thousands of miles away to understand that though.
    I dont think the truth can every be considered "rhetoric".
    Last edited by TomUps; 07/15/2006 at 08:08 PM.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    For all that is good with this country, Israel clearly does not properly respect palistinians within its own country and needs to stop treating them as second class citizens in addition to providing land and independence towards a Palestinian state.
    I agree somewhat, but you have to admit, its hard to respect people that want you dead, and are run by a government that the whole free world has recognized as a murderous terrorist organization that is sworn to your destruction. Would you be "providing land and independence" to a people that will try to kill you and your children at any chance they get?
Page 5 of 47 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast