Page 45 of 47 FirstFirst ... 354041424344454647 LastLast
  1. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TomUps
    fascinating pictures ....(edited out Tom's hoopla and soapbox rant)
    It is pretty interesting. Technology is damn cool.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    fascinating pictures ....(edited out Tom's hoopla and soapbox rant)
    I know, when anybody has an opinion different from yours, its either rhetoric, hoopla, or a soapbox rant....give me a break.
  3. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    I know, when anybody has an opinion different from yours, its either rhetoric, hoopla, or a soapbox rant....give me a break.
    Those are pretty interesting pics, no? I wish there was a little more detail so we could see exactly what the IDF sees. You know like hez positions, suspected HQ, so on and so forth.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Those are pretty interesting pics, no? I wish there was a little more detail so we could see exactly what the IDF sees. You know like hez positions, suspected HQ, so on and so forth.
    I guess all the missles and rockets being fired into Israeli cities are being aimed at military outposts and infrastructure. Hypocritical of you NRG, dont you think?
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    Except for the 1947 UN Partition Plan, right?
    Actually, that was a terrible plan, but reluctantly Israel has accepted it. Problem is, the "other" side showed up armed to fight.
    fascinating pictures of the destruction brought on by Hezbollah fighting a war from urban centers and using the Leabanese citizens as human shields. Im sure the polls will show most Lebanese support Hezbollah now, but I'm wondering after the ceasefire and a few months go by, if the Lebanese will realize that Hezbollah destroyed their country for no reason whatsoever besides its hatred for Israel. Was it worth it Hezbollah?
    The Lebanese blame Israel instead of Hezbollah more and more every day.

BTW, there are nearly 1 million refugees as a result of this conflict. Israelis are experiencing basically random chances for death just walking down the street. The whole thing is getting old and getting old fast.

We need someone from anywhere to take the lead here and create some stability before the rapture freaks get their wish.
  7.    #887  
    We need someone from anywhere to take the lead here and create some stability before the rapture freaks get their wish.
    Who would those "rapture freaks" be?

BTW, there are nearly 1 million refugees as a result of this conflict. Israelis are experiencing basically random chances for death just walking down the street. The whole thing is getting old and getting old fast.

Now there's a novel idea! What do you suggest?
    Like the UN? NATO? USA? Iran? I really am not trying to be sarcastic. I am seriously interested in your plan to resolve it that will meet the expectations of all sides?
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    thats what I said in my post...I also said I would be curious to see what the normal Lebanese feel about Hezbollah after the ceasefire is in place and alittle time has passed. Curious to see if they felt it was worth it.
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
    Like the UN? NATO? USA? Iran? I really am not trying to be sarcastic. I am seriously interested in your plan to resolve it that will meet the expectations of all sides?
    I don't claim to have a plan. The U.S. is allowing this to go on and is one of the few entities that have any pressure power.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    I don't claim to have a plan. The U.S. is allowing this to go on and is one of the few entities that have any pressure power.
    dont forget Iran and Syria....it takes two sides to have a war.
  13. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    I was wondering, maybe a little cynically, but could Bush and The Admin be dragging their butts like a dog heat, just so they can make a graceful exit from Iraq?

Source: WaPo

Iraqi Shiites March in Support of Hezbollah
    Thousands Chant: 'Death to Israel' and 'Death to America

By Andy Mosher
    Washington Post Foreign Service
    Friday, August 4, 2006; 3:34 PM

BAGHDAD, Aug. 4 -- Thousands of Shiite Muslims marched though the Iraqi capital on Friday in support of Hezbollah guerrillas battling Israeli forces, answering a call by radical cleric Moqtada al-Sadr rally to the cause of their fellow Shiites in Lebanon.

Throngs of Shiite men, most clad in white burial shrouds that symbolized their willingness to die, gathered in the northeast Baghdad slum known as Sadr City and marched toward the center of the capital, chanting "Death to Israel" and "Death to America." Marchers waved the yellow flag of Hezbollah and the red-and-green flag of Lebanon, while occasionally pausing to desecrate the Israeli flag.

Though clearly huge, the precise size of the crowd was impossible to determine. Estimates made by organizers ranged from 250,000 to 1 million, but the U.S. military said in a news release that calculations based on pictures taken from unmanned surveillance aircraft put the crowd at 14,000.

-snip-
    I was wondering, maybe a little cynically, but could Bush and The Admin be dragging their butts like a dog heat, just so they can make a graceful exit from Iraq?
    For real?

So, we overthrow Saddam, and find out that all the shea extremists he was torturing at abu grab, are not Jeffersonian statesmen after all, and haul *** out of there while we still can and effectively turn the only secular power in the middle east in to a shea theocracy, under the control of Iran.

lol

I swear I think I heard that somewhere before this war started. Perhaps from the CIA.
  15. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    More bad news. You can not beat terrorism militarly.

Source: Gulf Times

Jordan king says Hezbollah heroes in Arab eyes

Published: Friday, 4 August, 2006, 01:11 PM Doha Time

AMMAN: Jordanís King Abdullah said yesterday that Israelís offensive against Hezbollah had turned its fighters into heroes among ordinary Arabs.

In the toughest rebuke against his peace partner Israel in recent years, the monarch said the rise of guerrilla groups such as Hezbollah who targeted the Jewish state stemmed from Israelís reluctance to give up Arab territory captured in the 1967 war in return for lasting peace.

"They (Israelis) want to destroy Hezbollah by tanks and air force. Peace comes by returning occupied territory and setting up a Palestinian state," he said.

The staunchly pro-US ally said Israelís three-week bombing campaign against Hezbollah guerrillas had given a boost to radicals fighting to end occupation of Arab land.

"The war will not solve anything and Arab peoples see now in Hezbollah a hero facing aggression and defending their land," the monarch told the Al Ghad and Al Rai dailies in an interview released by the state news agency Petra.

"Ok, if you (Israel) destroy Hezbollah and, letís say, after a year or two there is no solution to the Palestinian cause or Lebanon or Syria ... then a new Hezbollah would emerge, maybe in Jordan, Syria or Egypt .. Israel should know this.

-snip-
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    More bad news. You can not beat terrorism militarly.
    Please dont tell me your quoting an arab dictator as proof that "you cant beat terrorism militarly". Just priceless.

If Hezbollah actually hits Tel Aviv with an iranian missle, shot by fighters trained by the iranian army, I think theres a very good chance that Israel would attack and destroy Tehran and Damascus. I know many hear would ofcourse complain about Israels "disproportianate response", but I think theres a pretty good chance of this happening now.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theBlaze74
    For real?

So, we overthrow Saddam, and find out that all the shea extremists he was torturing at abu grab, are not Jeffersonian statesmen after all, and haul *** out of there while we still can and effectively turn the only secular power in the middle east in to a shea theocracy, under the control of Iran.

lol

I swear I think I heard that somewhere before this war started. Perhaps from the CIA.
    I once heard that the phone company was behind the assasination of JFK (because he was going to break them up). You got anymore conspiracy theories?
    Quote Originally Posted by theBlaze74
    For real?

lol

This is a revealing post. A "secular power", regardless of how brutal, is desirable.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911sforever
    This is a revealing post. A "secular power", regardless of how brutal, is desirable.
    What does it reveal?

You walk a mile in downtown Baghdad this week, and I'll walk one under Saddam, then we'll get back together and compare notes on which is more brutal.
    Please dont tell me your quoting an arab dictator as proof that "you cant beat terrorism militarly". Just priceless.
    Quoting an arab dictator is ...... "Just priceless"?