Page 44 of 47 FirstFirst ... 34394041424344454647 LastLast
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theBlaze74
    One of the views you share with Mr. Nasrallah, and George W.
    and a couple hundred million africans.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomUps
    Give me a break. You can post whatever you want, but when anybody here counters any of your claims with facts or opinions that differ from yours, you start screaming "rhetoric", and start posting some cute smileys.
    Because it's tiresome countering extremism with more extremism.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Because it's tiresome countering extremism with more extremism.
    I think extremism is jumping down the throats of someone here because their opinions differ from yours. Heres a smiley though to show you I'm serious...
    Trust me when I say I could care less what any UN resolution means or says anymore. They are a clueless, corrupt, and biased organization that has done little to nothing in almost every major conflict since it was created.
    Except for the 1947 UN Partition Plan, right?

Second, tell me why would Israel ever agree to a resolution that would mean its destruction......still waiting for the source of your post.
    Come on TU! Put forth a little effort here. I know reciting the talking points is tiresome at times but Google just ain't(sic) that hard you know.
    I think extremism is jumping down the throats of someone here because their opinions differ from yours. Heres a smiley though to show you I'm serious...
    There are few posts on this topic on this entire board Tom, which differ from your own view, but are not followed by you "jumping down the throat" of another.

I am simply pointing out that for every accusation of being a baby killer or a murdering terrorist, theres an equally vile accusation waiting to be thrown from an extremist on the other side.

We will not have peace until we ignore the extremists.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    There are few posts on this topic on this entire board Tom, which differ from your own view, but are not followed by you "jumping down the throat" of another.

I am simply pointing out that for every accusation of being a baby killer or a murdering terrorist, theres an equally vile accusation waiting to be thrown from an extremist on the other side.

We will not have peace until we ignore the extremists.
    Maybe, but if I was a family member of someone murdered by one of these extremist while we are "ignoring" them, I mignt not be to happy. Should we have ignored Al-Qaida after 9-11? What kind of attacks would they be capable of now if we did?
    Maybe, but if I was a family member of someone murdered by one of these extremist while we are "ignoring" them, I mignt not be to happy. Should we have ignored Al-Qaida after 9-11? What kind of attacks would they be capable of now if we did?
    We did unfortunately ignore Al-Qaida after 9/11.

And I would not compare 9/11, to the 2 captured Israeli soldiers.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    Except for the 1947 UN Partition Plan, right?

Come on TU! Put forth a little effort here. I know reciting the talking points is tiresome at times but Google just ain't(sic) that hard you know.
    My goodness, did you read the story that you just posted....I agree exactly with the quoted Israeli foriegn minister in the story. I believe his exact remarks were "This means the destruction of the state of Israel and obviously we cannot agree". You see outlining another way of the destruction of the jewish state of Israel by the arab world, while disguising it as a peace plan is crazy. and you saying that Israel should have accepted those terms is also crazy. Thanks for the google lesson.
    My goodness, did you read the story that you just posted....I agree exactly with the quoted Israeli foriegn minister in the story. I believe his exact remarks were "This means the destruction of the state of Israel and obviously we cannot agree". You see outlining another way of the destruction of the jewish state of Israel by the arab world, while disguising it as a peace plan is crazy. and you saying that Israel should have accepted those terms is also crazy. Thanks for the google lesson.
    Jumping down his throat for espousing a view different from your own?
    Yes, instead of using it as a starting point for peaceful negotiations, Israel dismissed it outright.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    And I would not compare 9/11, to the 2 captured Israeli soldiers.
    How bout this then...........

The torture and murder of CIA station chief William Buckly, the torture and murder of Colonel William Higgins, kidnapping of U.S. journalist Terry Anderson, Kidnapping of the Archbishop of Canterbury special envoy Terry Waite, the bombing of the U.S. embassy in Beirut that killed 63 people, the bombing of the U.S. marine barracks that killed 241 marines, the bombing of the replacement U.S. embassy in east beirut that killed 20, the hijacking of twa flight 847 in which a member of the U.S. navy was beaten and murdered, the bombing of the Israeli embassy in Buenos Aires that killed 29, and the bombing of a jewish community center in Buenos Aires that killed 85.

ALL BY HEZBOLLAH. is this enough for you yet? how many does it take?
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Yes, instead of using it as a starting point for peaceful negotiations, Israel dismissed it outright.
    Their starting point of peace is a veiled proposal that guarantees the destruction of Israel? Maybe they should shoot alittle higher.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Jumping down his throat for espousing a view different from your own?
    I know Dat is more than capable of sticking up for himself....nice use of smiley.
    Their starting point of peace is a veiled proposal that guarantees the destruction of Israel? Maybe they should shoot alittle higher.
    Key word there being "negotiate". It's a bargaining chip they can give up for other concessions during NEGOTIATIONS.
    I know Dat is more than capable of sticking up for himself....nice use of smiley.
    I'm only crying on the inside.
  16.    #876  
    Quote Originally Posted by hoovs
    Can you enumerate the differences? Because I can enumerate the similarities and there are quite a few.
    Guess not.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Key word there being "negotiate". It's a bargaining chip they can give up for other concessions during NEGOTIATIONS.
    I think Israel would be more than willing to negotiate with other Arab leaders in a honest unbiased attempt to find a solution. I know just by talking to Israelis many times almost all of them want to live in peace with their neighbors. There is one major problem though, many of its neighbors will only accept Israels destruction (1 of them is building a nuclear device now).

Didnt Israel offer the Palestinians almost all of the West Bank and Gaza strip in the late 90s? They turned it down right away without any futher discussions. I wonder what would have happened if the palestinians agreed to negotiate then.
    Quote Originally Posted by hoovs
    The Philippines' MILF Rebels[/URL]
    Spits milk out of nose
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    fascinating pictures of the destruction brought on by Hezbollah fighting a war from urban centers and using the Leabanese citizens as human shields. Im sure the polls will show most Lebanese support Hezbollah now, but I'm wondering after the ceasefire and a few months go by, if the Lebanese will realize that Hezbollah destroyed their country for no reason whatsoever besides its hatred for Israel. Was it worth it Hezbollah?