Page 41 of 47 FirstFirst ... 313637383940414243444546 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by theBlaze74
    On second thought, that IS the plot for a cowboy movie.
    was that a joke?
    Quote Originally Posted by hoovs
    And if what you would do is aimed at the ending the violence then you must believe we are a large part of the cause.
    Robertson & Fallwell believe we are the cause, I believe we should be a part of the solution.

The first step will be a new president.
    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    was that a joke?
    Good versus evil makes a good cowboy movie plot, as a foreign policy, not so much.
    God willing it will be a Republican!

Robertson & Fallwell believe we are the cause, I believe we should be a part of the solution.

So goes almost everything in life (i.e. sports games, wars, monopoly) depends on who's side your on.

Good versus evil makes a good cowboy movie plot, as a foreign policy, not so much.
    Quote Originally Posted by impish
    May I suggest this article? (link)
    There is nothing in the article which suggests bypassing Iran and negotiating directly with Syria would not be possible. This author paints Iran as ripe for negotiation, while the evidence to date seems to contradict that view. Anyway, still an interesting article, thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by cellmatrix
    Leadership begins by example, and unfortunately what the Bush administration has done is set a poor example to the rest of the world and consequently demonstrate poor leadership.

Now I do sincerely hope they can realize their past mistakes and get their diplomatic act in order.
    Quote Originally Posted by impish
    "They" who?

If it was not clear from that phrase "they" means the Bush admin.
    So goes almost everything in life (i.e. sports games, wars, monopoly) depends on who's side your on.
    And the extremists think God is on their side, and the other side deserves to die.
  8.    #808  
    But yes you're right, we'll wait for the verdict.
    I think its the least we can do for the men who risk their lives on our behalf. Don't you?
  9.    #809  

I'm not an apologist for either of those men. And if you see your plan as being part of the solution then, necessarily, our actions must be part of the problem. Look at the points on your plan and tell me that the presumption isn't that the US is a cause of Islamic extremism.
    I think its the least we can do for the men who risk their lives on our behalf. Don't you?
    Yup, murdering child ****** or not.

And they will face a tribunal. So far the response I have seen has been swift and just.
    I'm not an apologist for either of those men. And if you see your plan as being part of the solution then, necessarily, our actions must be part of the problem. Look at the points on your plan and tell me that the presumption isn't that the US is a cause of Islamic extremism.
    Wolfowitz, Rumsfeld, Cheney, and W, are NOT the united states. We are the united states, and the embarassment will pass.
  12.    #812  
    Yup, murdering child ****** or not.
  13.    #813  
    Wolfowitz, Rumsfeld, Cheney, and W, are NOT the united states. We are the united states, and the embarassment will pass.
    So, "Wolfowitz, Rumsfeld, Cheney, and W" are the cause for Islamic extremism? I just want to be clear.
    I'm not an apologist for either of those men.
    I am puzzled, you don't like Robertson or Fallwell, but you are an apologist or at least a defender of Mel Gibson for expressing anti-semetic views?

this is still America after all. Everyone's got a right to his opinion.
    what is the difference between their religious intolerance and Gibson's that makes a difference to you? I am not meaning to offend, I am just curious.

15. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Can you get al jazzera here in the US?
    Dish I think serves it up.
    So, "Wolfowitz, Rumsfeld, Cheney, and W" are the cause for Islamic extremism? I just want to be clear.
    You just want to clearly form my words, in to what you would rather have me say.
  17.    #817  
    You just want to clearly form my words, in to what you would rather have me say.
    No, I want you to stop beating around the bush and say what you mean. Are "Wolfowitz, Rumsfeld, Cheney, and W" the cause for Islamic extremism?
    It isn't America's fault. Terrorists are everywhere - look at the Phillipines, the filipinos are suffering as well.

If it was not clear from that phrase "they" means the Bush admin.
    And Tony Blair.
  20.    #820  
    I am puzzled, you don't like Robertson or Fallwell, but you are an apologist or at least a defender of Mel Gibson for expressing anti-semetic views?
    I don't know when I did that but I certainly am a defender of anyone who wants to extress his/her views regardless of whether I agree with them.

what is the difference between their religious intolerance and Gibson's that makes a difference to you? I am not meaning to offend, I am just curious.

Being an apologist for someone's views and defending their right to express those views two are different things. Are they not?